Me Koing my jacket (punch)

That's what I wonder too.. Why isn't his arms messed up? Is he conditioned perhaps? I almost shed a tear from the pain because I did not know he would block that way, so I just threw a body kick hard as I could.
You probably don't kick as hard as you think you do

Or he's been at this for awhile and did what most do when dealing with kicks: move off the line so the blunt of the force is lost significantly.

Or you broke the kick into steps instead of how a MT kick should be, causibg you to losing torque and momentum

Even if you kick with the shin, but its the traditional tkd/karate chamber snap, It still doesn't have the power behind it despite a stronger part of the limb.

Even if you kick with the shin, but its the traditional tkd/karate chamber snap, It still doesn't have the power behind it despite a stronger part of the limb.

Tell that to my foot. I wasn't intending on connecting with the shin, but he chopped his block on that surface.

Tell that to my foot. I wasn't intending on connecting with the shin, but he blocked it on that surface.
I don't get it. Insteps aren't strong. Sharp part of the forearm clashing into the insteps probably will hurt it.

So you pulled back at the last min while his forearm wasn't?

I don't get it. Insteps aren't strong. Sharp part of the forearm clashing into the insteps probably will hurt it.

So you pulled back at the last min while his forearm wasn't?

Whether kicking with the instep is powerful or not is irrelevant since he chopped my kick mid air. And he clearly chopped the shin part of my foot. I was unfazed until he did it a third time in a row.

Ego? I would have never kicked that hard if I knew he would block by chopping them down.

You know what I am talking about. Not this thread in particular but your whole secret super fighter thing. Its gotten old. But hey there are still people in this thread thinking there even was a sparring .

So go on play it out

Last edited:
I got hurt in a fight.

It's the other guy's fault for fighting wrong lol

He can block with the palm since he is wearing gloves. This fucker blocked with his wrists. Chopping down, like a Karate block. I am on pain killers right now
ULTIMATE PROOF that Karate blocks work. One even sent spacetime himself to the hospital. :D

Last edited:
Ego? I would have never kicked that hard if I knew he would block by chopping them down. I either I got some real pussy shins, or ...
"pussy shins"
<{monica}>

ULTIMATE PROOF that Karate blocks work. One even sent spacetime himself to the hospital. :D

First time I thought Age Uke may have been once a useful teqnique was when I recently looked at boxing forearm parries. Maybe thats the origin?

Back then no one ever used that in karate sparring and execution is trained in a not useful way.

First time I thought Age Uke may have been once a useful teqnique was when I recently looked at boxing forearm parries. Maybe thats the origin?

Back then no one ever used that in karate sparring and execution is trained in a not useful way.
Everybody's got two arms and two legs so everybody's gonna come to similar movement patterns eventually. All Karate blocks are trained with "overdrive" to teach you the full body mechanics and ingrain the kinetic links. Then is sparring the movement will be much shorter but the mechanics will be there. At least that's the intent.

Hehe, I guess so. I was in the hospital for pain killers though. I could still whoop his ass if it was a real fight, but not with anymore kicks

I think I have a skin condition as well. Because my skin blows up from impacts in an unatural way. It's very similar to allergic reactions.

I don't believe kicking shields are accuracute measures of power, even though I do make the most sounds on them.

First of all, we all have to kick the exact same spot and secondly, the sound could be exaggerated by the material I am kicking.

But this incident with my shin was a nightmare.

Clearly, I need to start practising my TKD low blocks again.

Fun fact. Back in those day, my TKD instructor told us to use blocks sparingly. In his words, if we tried to block everything we'd have no arms left by the 2nd fight in a tournament, and then you're done.

Clearly, I need to start practising my TKD low blocks again.

Fun fact. Back in those day, my TKD instructor told us to use blocks sparingly. In his words, if we tried to block everything we'd have no arms left by the 2nd fight in a tournament, and then you're done.

Well he took 3. Maybe his arms are made of steel.

I was 100% trying to drop him with a rib kick. he showed complete disregard for safety. I have blocked spin kicks full force to my head repeatedly and had enough.

Fun fact: I was denied morphine at the hospital because it wasn't broken. She said a fracture was unlikely but not out of the question.

Back