Media Purge Begins: No dissent allowed. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Falsedawn

.45 ACP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-frey-redstate-20180427-story.html

RedState just became a safe space for Trump supporters

Friday morning, a friend asked me on Twitter: "Has there been a purge of Trump critics at RedState?" I thought he must be joking. RedState, where I've been a contributor since September 2016, is the last place anyone would expect such a purge. Since its founding, RedState has been distinguished by its commentary on principled, constitutional conservatism. Its writers made frequent appearances on national news shows. Members of the Senate and House quoted RedState posts regularly. Since the 2016 election, it has contained a mix of viewpoints, plenty of them critical of the president. It was unimaginable that the site would purge its Trump critics, and I told my friend so.

Then I checked my email and learned that I was wrong.

Salem Media Group, the Camarillo-based owner of RedState, had terminated my contract and those of a number of other RedState writers. Our firings were not based on web traffic; some of the fired writers were top page-view earners. We all had one thing in common, though: We're vocal critics of President Trump.

For instance, I wrote that although I approve of Trump's judicial appointments and elimination of regulations, his budgets are continuing to increase our national debt. I complained that he did not press hard enough for the repeal of Obamacare, which I believe increases premiums and reduces freedom. I wrote that Trump is unfit to be president — morally, intellectually and temperamentally. I called him a cruel bully, a philanderer, a narcissist and someone prone to issuing rash and unwise statements. Why, even his supporters say that we should ignore the nonsense he taps out on Twitter every morning.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conservative-site-redstate-purges-anti-trump-voices-fired-writers-say

Conservative Site RedState ‘Purges’ Anti-Trump Writers

The Daily Beast confirmed that among those laid off by RedState and its parent company Townhall Media were top editors and writers Caleb Howe, Jay Caruso, Ben Howe, Patrick Frey (who writes under the pseudonym Patterico), Neil Stevens, and Susan Wright—all of whom are often critical of the president.

Fired staffers learned about their dismissal either through their email accounts being locked or via a memo from Townhall general manager and vice president Jonathan Garthwaite. “[W]e are having to make changes to RedState effective today,” the memo read. “Unfortunately, we have reached the conclusion that we can no longer support the entire current roster of writers.”

Wait, it's the "free thinkers" doing the purging? Who even saw that coming?

<puh-lease75>

Hey @Trotsky, you made a thread wondering if the big F was making a resurgence? Here's some gas for your fire boyo.

Take a look at the criticisms for yourselves, we've reached a point where even pointing out the detrimental part of Trump's policies (the tax cuts exploding the deficits) results in losing your job. Turns out "free thinkers" don't give a damn about diversity of thought, just confirmation of what they think they know.

It's sad but not all that surprising. A cult of personality has rapidly developed within the GOP.

Maybe RedState wants to stay relevant to its cause, and it doesn't want to end up like National Review. After all, these guys have been peddling open borders and global free trade like they form the sacred backbone of our Constitutional republic – a platform which is indistinguishable from that of the Democrats' in 2018. But the verdict is in on this brand of "Conservatism," and pretty much everyone agrees that it doesn't work. Trump is an expression of that. They can continue down the path of lecturing and disrespecting Trump voters if they want, but all it does is reinforce this idea that country club Neocons are disconnected from reality on the ground. They will lose readers, and eventually go out of business.

Also, LOL @ anyone on the left decrying a media outlet with a pro-Trump slant. The MSM is almost uniformly anti-Trump, and you're upset that one tiny (irrelevant) Conservative Neocon publication wants to stop hemorrhaging readers? Gimme a break.

Aside from the Syrian airstrikes, you don't see anything positive about Trump on NBC/CNN.

How is it that you only notice this issue on the Republican side?

It's a media problem.

Next we are going to hear about sniper.com purging all sniper dissent

Aside from the Syrian airstrikes, you don't see anything positive about Trump on NBC/CNN.

How is it that you only notice this issue on the Republican side?

It's a media problem.

So that includes those panel discussions that have designated Trump shills in a permanent position right?

Or are we supposed to ignore all of Kellyanne Conway's appearances on CNN? Wew boy.

>Random slapdick youtuber: "This person has a valuable perspective! You need to know who they are REEEEEEE"

>14 year old media organization (routinely quoted by congressmen): "So small, so irrelevant, who cares?"

<puh-lease75>

As a conservative I've never even heard of red state. <Fedor23>
They were a thing a few years back. They played pretty hard against Trump during the campaign and got stuck in a weird place. Ideologically, they are way to right wing to attract many Dem readers. But practically speaking, they are anti not only Trump but pretty much everything GOP right now when it comes to practical politics. (Which makes sense. Although the guy isn't all that conservative, he's the head of american conservatism in a very practical sense for the time being). So they have a hard time attracting conervative readers.

I find this to be a loss, as intra-movement dissent is healthy imo. Happily the anti-Trump conservative angle is well filled by National Review.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-frey-redstate-20180427-story.html

RedState just became a safe space for Trump supporters

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conservative-site-redstate-purges-anti-trump-voices-fired-writers-say

Conservative Site RedState ‘Purges’ Anti-Trump Writers

Wait, it's the "free thinkers" doing the purging? Who even saw that coming?

<puh-lease75>

Hey @Trotsky, you made a thread wondering if the big F was making a resurgence? Here's some gas for your fire boyo.

Take a look at the criticisms for yourselves, we've reached a point where even pointing out the detrimental part of Trump's policies (the tax cuts exploding the deficits) results in losing your job. Turns out "free thinkers" don't give a damn about diversity of thought, just confirmation of what they think they know.

Matthew 7:5

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

See Flasedawn, all you need is more of the Bible in your life.

So that includes those panel discussions that have designated Trump shills in a permanent position right?

Or are we supposed to ignore all of Kellyanne Conway's appearances on CNN? Wew boy.

>Random slapdick youtuber: "This person has a valuable perspective! You need to know who they are REEEEEEE"

>14 year old media organization: "So small, so irrelevant, who cares?"

<puh-lease75>
Yeah you can cut the bullshit. Trump gets bashed 24/7 on non-Fox MSM outlets. Having some idiot that's paid to defend our orangutan in chief isn't something that should constitute unbiased media.

Matthew 7:5

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

See Flasedawn, all you need is more of the Bible in your life.

Are mainstream media organizations engaging in purges of writers who don't tow the line? Did CNN not get flack for deliberately hiring Trump supporters to come and stan on their programs? Is you quoting a passage about hypocrisy to me not the most ironic fucking thing in existence?

RedState is the next Stormfront for self hating white leftists and black leftists on Sherdog lol

Yeah you can cut the bullshit. Trump gets bashed 24/7 on non-Fox MSM outlets. Having some idiot that's paid to defend our orangutan in chief isn't something that should constitute unbiased media.

This

So having a differing opinion to serve as an alternative to the mainline opinion isn't unbiased? Maybe i'm misunderstanding this whole bias thing, you should elaborate.

I eagerly await your response, this is gonna be good.

>14 year old media organization (routinely quoted by congressmen): "So small, so irrelevant, who cares?"

<puh-lease75>

QUOTED BY CONGRESSMEN?!

Wow, must have been truly an infallible beacon of truth and political discourse.

I suppose CNN and MSNBC are next in line for an exodus, huh?

basically everywhere is a safe space for liberals so who cares .. it's like a 10:1 ratio of anti vs. pro trump coverage everywhere .. come back when all news stations are pro trump and bash anyone who isn't .. :facepalm: ... gotta have some gall to post this

QUOTED BY CONGRESSMEN?!

Wow, must have been truly an infallible beacon of truth and political discourse.

I suppose CNN and MSNBC are next in line for an exodus, huh?

CNN and MSNBC appear to have integrity. Can't say the same for RedState. That must hurt to know.

CNN and MSNBC appear to have integrity. Can't say the same for RedState. That must hurt to know.

you wanna know where you just lost all credibility ? lol .. lay off the crack

Back