Mega Man 11 announced

Do they have difficulty settings? I'll probably get the legacy collection.

It's been awhile since I've played either.. not sure about a straight difficulty setting.. but there were gears (or something.. basically currency) you could collect to buy perks like save yourself from a pit that you otherwise would have died in and other things like that.. making the game easier that way.

Completely optional though.

Are 9 and 10 any good? I never played them but I was pretty disappointed when I saw they went back to the style of the older games instead of keeping the style of 7 and 8.
Haven't played them either. Bought it a couple months ago and the thing's still in the wrapper. Been wanting to stream a playthrough though as I've heard they're both pretty damn good.

They're both awesome. Great stages, bosses and really good music. I'd recommend both for sure. 9 is hard as fuck.

As far as buying the Legacy Collection Part 2, I noticed it comes with some extra content that it originally didn't come with (specifically for 9 & 10). If I buy the hard copy do I have to download the extras or are they already on the disc?

As a whole though, IMO Mega Man should only ever be 2D. Though the 2.5D thing looks incredibly badass. A straight 3D Mega Man game just seems wrong.
I'm going to get hate for this but I really enjoyed MegaMan Legends for the original playstation. That was 3D. Controls blew and its an absolute nightmare to look at nowadays but the game was fun for its time.

I'm going to get hate for this but I really enjoyed MegaMan Legends for the original playstation. That was 3D. Controls blew and its an absolute nightmare to look at nowadays but the game was fun for its time.
Why would you get hate for that? I didn't have a PS at the time, but I got the N64 version. While it was a little disappointing for me initially to realize it had nothing to do with other Mega Man games, I got over that pretty quick. I thought it was great. It did a good job setting up a new world to run around in. It could be a bit grindy in terms of upgrading weapons, though.

We need Mega Man Legends 3 next!

Why would you get hate for that? I didn't have a PS at the time, but I got the N64 version. While it was a little disappointing for me initially to realize it had nothing to do with other Mega Man games, I got over that pretty quick. I thought it was great. It did a good job setting up a new world to run around in. It could be a bit grindy in terms of upgrading weapons, though.

We need Mega Man Legends 3 next!

But what games would be on it?

they should make him Mega Old Man and have him training his successor like in that Van Damm movie

I just picked up both Legacy Collection 1 & 2 for the PS4 so I'll have 10 games to play through before this thing releases. That should hold me over. 8 is the only one I'm intimately familiar with so I should be able to beat that in a day or two. A couple of stages are brutally difficult but the rest are fairly straightforward.

I'm super excited for 7. I've never played it before, know nothing about it, and considering it looks almost exactly like 8, I think it should be super fun.

I don't really know what to expect from the 8-bit ones.

Btw, I should mention, I played X1-X6 and I'm definitely not nearly as much of a fan of the X-version as I am the regular version. At least based on Mega Man 8. I'd take 8 all day long over the X series.

I just beat Mega Man 8 again. Took me about 4 hours. I went to play 7 but the controls suck. The delay when charging the mega buster is insane. I tried 9 and it was super difficult. 10 was a little easier and I've so far taken out two bosses, but the third boss' level is tough to get through.

All in all though, the best controls is by far Mega Man 8. Also, from what I've seen, I'd say it's easily the best all around of the bunch.

Might have to check this out.

Played 1-4 a bit, still have 3 for the NES around here somewhere. May have to dust it off.

Also played X and X2.

htik_mega_man_helmet.gif

Have this as well. ;)

I might do a Mega Man marathon and try to play as many MM games I can before this one comes out.

Might have to check this out.

Played 1-4 a bit, still have 3 for the NES around here somewhere. May have to dust it off.

Also played X and X2.

htik_mega_man_helmet.gif

Have this as well. ;)

You should give Mega Man 8 a try. It's awesome. It's my favorite MM game. And that includes the X MM games.

Back