Megadeth. The thread.

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a fan. Both as a listener and a guitar player. I've basically modeled my metal rhythm playing after Dave Mustaine's. I saw him early on doing a guitar clinic, where he demonstrated the "boring way" to play metal chords, and the exciting way.
His flair adds a lot. But that was speed metal redefining the genre: kick it up 20-30 bpm, use open string down picking to drive the rhythm.

Here ITT we gonna talk Deth, related acts, the history of metal, and all that.

I'm also gonna put up a list of Megadeth songs ya gotta get, a just- trust- me-and- get-em list of rocking songs.

First two, just obtain the records Rust in Peace and Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

Now... alphabetically. Add or argue!

The #'s and A's:

1320, 99 Ways to Die, Addicted to Chaos, Angry Again, Architecture of Aggression, Ashes in your Mouth.

And the B's:
Back in the Day, Bad Omen, Bite the Hand, Blood of Heroes, Bodies, Breakpoint, Built for War, Bullet to the Brain, Burnt Ice.

This should be a fun thread and I want to turn some metal heads on to some great songs.

There is this Megadeth song about a Sherdog mod who likes moving a thread to the proper sub-forum. I can't recall the name.

saw them live once at the 2nd affliction event I believe. They did a few songs but it was cool.

saw Donald trump there too with some big titty big booty blond

Saw them live with Dream Theater and Fear Factory years ago. Their live show wasn't the best but still love a lot of their songs, especially the earlier stuff. Brings me back to my childhood.

Respect for the Jack Slater theme song.

#: 502

A's: Anarchy in the UK cover

Megadeth will be my soundtrack today

Saw them live with Dream Theater and Fear Factory years ago. Their live show wasn't the best but still love a lot of their songs, especially the earlier stuff. Brings me back to my childhood.
I dislike the songs where there's a lengthy spoken word part. That shit bugs me especially because they use recordings to supplement the live performances so you can't hear a performance without that shit

I didn't want this in this section of the forum.
There must be a way to DISCUSS music without having a thread fill up with videos.
I want DISCUSSION, NOT VIDEOS.

ANYONE CAN GO LOOK UP VIDEOS WHENEVER THEY WANT.

I respect the mods but this move killed any shot at conversation.
I didn't want to redirect an entire discussion to YouTube.

I don't know much of their catalog after Youthanasia. So, recommend me some "Must Listen" tracks, please. As mentioned before, I'm going to go see them this weekend in LA, with the Scorpions.

I don't know much of their catalog after Youthanasia. So, recommend me some "Must Listen" tracks, please. As mentioned before, I'm going to go see them this weekend in LA, with the Scorpions.
Let's see.
Cryptic Writings- Trust is a song you might just hear. Kinda dull but good melodic metal. Same with A Secret Place, which I personally love playing.

The Disintegrators rocks. I'll Get Even is standard metal. She Wolf, Vortex, and Fight for Freedom are good, especially the last two.
Everything I list, btw, is must have. :D

Ashes in your mouth is a kick ass song. I love the CTE album. Through the 80's it was like Dave was trying to top anything Hetfield did. I don't find RIP to be better than AJFA but CTE is definitely better than TBA for me.

I like the remastered Killing is my business. It's up there with my favorite albums from them along with Hidden Treasures which I think is an absolute gem many look over.

From the World Needs a Hero-
Disconnect
Dread and Fugitive Mind
Return to Hangar, in my opinion a clever redo of Hangar 18 and fun to play.
And you'll hear Silent Scorn, I think they're still ending shows with that minute and a half instrumental.

Ashes in your mouth is a kick ass song. I love the CTE album. Through the 80's it was like Dave was trying to top anything Hetfield did. I don't find RIP to be better than AJFA but CTE is definitely better than TBA for me.

I like the remastered Killing is my business. It's up there with my favorite albums from them along with Hidden Treasures which I think is an absolute gem many look over.
There's good shit on Hidden Treasures.
The bonus tracks from the studio records are worthwhile.

damn @V-Money , didn't know you were into DT! ^5

Ashes in Your Mouth is my all time favorite Megadeth track. easily my favorite band/musicians.

a lot of their music is timeless.

Moving on to The System Has Failed.

Die Dead Enough is good metal.
Kick the Chair is an all time favorite that, if you don't have it, just get it and play it loudly. "Pick a crime from the menu, pick a sentence and defend you, and pay the down payment called bail. The system's for sale!"

Back in the Day is an unheralded metal anthem pure and simple. Again, play it loud.

United Abominations...
Sleepwalker
Washington is Next! - awesome
Play for Blood

And the song Burnt Ice is just phenomenal. The final forty seconds are a metal blitzkrieg.

Also, the Japanese only bonus track cover of Out on the Tiles is neat.

Back