***Megan Anderson SHERDOG Q&A #2***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the rumor of the UFC doing a 145 lb title fight with Holly Holm vs Germaine De Randamie?
I don't think that will happen. I think they should just have 145lb fights and build up to a title.

Have you spent time with Australian female fighter Bec Rawlings? She seems the sort that people either love or hate.

I recall seeing you were doing some charitable work for autism. I forwarded something about that to an autistic friend of mine and she became an immediate fan of yours. I just want to say thanks for that.

also do you think cyborg legit has problems making weight like she claims or is she only trying to have a weight advantage over her opponents?

9d7d3937e3bb6c470739374649b6b8b9.jpg

I like the fact that you're trying to build yourself up before rushing in to a fight with Cris. I think that has been the problem when finding opponents for Cris.

Are you looking to make 1st round finishes a trend for yourself?

Have you been working on any new kicking techniques? The head kicks you used against Amanda Bell were great.

I know that you tweeted you were open to fighting Holly Holm or Germaine de Randamie. Which one do you think would be best to test your striking skills against?
lol of course. Why fight 15 mins when you can fight for 3mins! I'll always search for the finish in fights, it's just who I am. It might not come in the first round, it might be the second, who knows, but i'm definitely going to always look for them.

No i've just been improving everything. That was just a standard head kick lol As head kicks go, there's not alot of variation lol

I think they'd both be good tests. They both have different styles and I think both fights would be interesting to watch.

Would you join a season of TUF if they had one to bring in the 145lb division like they did for 115 a couple years back?

You probably know a bunch of the girls that'd be in there from invicta, do you think it'd be a good idea?

also do you think cyborg legit has problems making weight like she claims or is she only trying to have a weight advantage over her opponents?

9d7d3937e3bb6c470739374649b6b8b9.jpg
I think a bit of both. She does have alot of muscle so it will make it harder, but that's her own fault because she wants to have such an advantage strength wise over her opponent so she tries to cut so much which is unhealthy. Also all those years of ped use will never leave her. It changes your body and the advantages she got from using them will always stay with her. She might test clean, but she will never 100% be the person physcially that she was before she started using so she's always going to have an advantage.

Would you join a season of TUF if they had one to bring in the 145lb division like they did for 115 a couple years back?

You probably know a bunch of the girls that'd be in there from invicta, do you think it'd be a good idea?
That's a tough question cause it would be a massive struggle for me to make 145 three times in 6 weeks. I'd want to do it, but my health may suffer. I think they should sign some girls already and start adding fights, then to build the division implement a house. I personally think the should do a house of half 145 and half 125.

You was featured in an article recently in the daily telegraph for Australia (as well as several other fellow Aussie fighters such as Jeff Horn and Rob Whittaker) which explained about the rise of Australian fighters. It mentioned that you was gunning for the title of "Baddest Woman On The Planet". How do you feel about the rise of fellow Australian fighters?

Also how would it feel to you if and when that happens of receiving the tag "Baddest Woman On The Planet"

Have you spent time with Australian female fighter Bec Rawlings? She seems the sort that people either love or hate.

I recall seeing you were doing some charitable work for autism. I forwarded something about that to an autistic friend of mine and she became an immediate fan of yours. I just want to say thanks for that.
I haven't had much to do with Bec.

No problem at all. Always happy to help where I can.

That's a tough question cause it would be a massive struggle for me to make 145 three times in 6 weeks. I'd want to do it, but my health may suffer. I think they should sign some girls already and start adding fights, then to build the division implement a house. I personally think the should do a house of half 145 and half 125.
Totally understand. I don't know how your boy Tim Elliott did it; that guy is an absolute warrior to take that risk. I agree that they should just start adding 145 fights because once they see the power and technique you guys bring to the table, they'll never go back!

I'm off to go watch Hendo and Jon Jones cuddle at Chaels house! Thank you so much for being here and all the best in the future!

You was featured in an article recently in the daily telegraph for Australia (as well as several other fellow Aussie fighters such as Jeff Horn and Rob Whittaker) which explained about the rise of Australian fighters. It mentioned that you was gunning for the title of "Baddest Woman On The Planet". How do you feel about the rise of fellow Australian fighters?

Also how would it feel to you if and when that happens of receiving the tag "Baddest Woman On The Planet"
I fell like Australian fighters don't get enough recognition. And it'd be pretty cool.

Totally understand. I don't know how your boy Tim Elliott did it; that guy is an absolute warrior to take that risk. I agree that they should just start adding 145 fights because once they see the power and technique you guys bring to the table, they'll never go back!

I'm off to go watch Hendo and Jon Jones cuddle at Chaels house! Thank you so much for being here and all the best in the future!
No problem. Thanks for asking questions!

You did mention saying that you always look for the early finishes when starting fights. However as Ronda found out she wont always get the win early. Cardio is one of the most important factors in fighting so you probably do prepare for long distance fights just in case right?

How shocked were you at the appearance of Peggy Morgan's face after you fought her? LOL

Peggy-Morgan.png

You did mention saying that you always look for the early finishes when starting fights. However as Ronda found out she wont always get the win early. Cardio is one of the most important factors in fighting so you probably do prepare for long distance fights just in case right?
Yeah I run and I do 5x5min rounds twice a day (could be sparring, grappling, wrestling etc.) and 10x5min rounds sparring on sat mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back