Megaupload's Kim Dotcom Loses Appeal Against Extradition

Edgy Brah

Look into it
Banned
Reaction score

People should be able to sue or have their governments prosecute American gun manufacturers, including Americans. Food companies should be sued for making people fat. Vehicle manufacturers should be sued or punished when their product is used to transport drugs and other contraband.

Heil slavery!!!

Never set foot in the USA, never did business in the USA.....I say innocent.

Everyone here has probably used illegal streams or DL'd movies and shit like that but it is illegal and costs the entertainment industry a lot of money. I can't really defend this guy in any way that I would actually feel is right.

Everyone here has probably used illegal streams or DL'd movies and shit like that but it is illegal and costs the entertainment industry a lot of money. I can't really defend this guy in any way that I would actually feel is right.
It's called sharing... Someone buys a movie and shares it people.

There's nothing to defend. He's done nothing wrong and has had $10's of millions taken from him.

Huge miscarriage of justice, and now he’s going to be lynched by the kangaroo courts in the US. He should never have left Monaco and Hong Kong.

Kim had an upload service and people used it to share movies/games/apps. Feels like an abuse of power trying to extradite him over a crime that could be punished in any country he resides considering his servers were not even in the US, American companies should use NZ legal system to prosecute.

If NZ caves sounds like they just gave up on their sovereign.

Huge miscarriage of justice, and now he’s going to be lynched by the kangaroo courts in the US. He should never have left Monaco and Hong Kong.

He really F’d with the wrong people. Corporations run governments. It was only a matter of time and I am surprised he hasn’t had any heart attack powder thrown in his face yet. They probably want him to suffer.

Many studies (that the industry tries to bury) indicate that those who pirate also purchase more. Many use it as a form of "trailer" for a purchase. Many also don´t ofc. But I doubt it´s costing the amounts the industry claims. 1 DL != 1 lost sale..
Revenge of the Sith was available in DVD quality the same moment it had it´s world premiere. Still did 900 million.
Services like Netflix and Spotify have also lowered downloads by massive amounts. The most downloaded stuff is TV shows that people don´t want to wait weeks, months or years to see.

The system protects business. Can be ugly, but generally necessary m

It's called sharing... Someone buys a movie and shares it people.
And I've done it myself. Yet, every time I did it , I knew I was getting something for free that I'd otherwise have to pay for.

And I've done it myself. Yet, every time I did it , I knew I was getting something for free that I'd otherwise have to pay for.

So someone used Kim Dotcom's service for something illegal and so therefore is Kim's fault?

No. That line of thinking I outlined in the OP.

there's a million upload services, and even dropbox/google drive/amazon/one drive can be used to that capacity. There are globs of other sites that operate just like MU did in the days. They are legit and make money, and have plenty of pirated material.

KDC just wasnt diligent in removing files, and not sure why he should. You'de have to build a system to comply with american standards, but you're in a foreign country, so why should you?

The entire touchy subject of file sharing in this case becomes black and white to me when he wasn't in America, and his servers were not in America

America has 0 jurisdiction to enforce American laws in this matter

latest

Interesting that it's being ignored by his supporters that he's accused of money laundering, racketeering and wire fraud in addition to copyright infringement.

Back