Membership costs

Adjaar

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What do you guys pay for membership? Post amount and location.

Southern Ontario, $80/month

Ive seen some people post saying they pay $200/month and I wanted to know some averages. I train at a small club, and I feel like mine is very affordable

$149 a month unlimited classes.

Some people here pay a monthly membership but are limited to number of classes they can attend a week which to me seems odd

$149 a month unlimited classes.

Some people here pay a monthly membership but are limited to number of classes they can attend a week which to me seems odd

Ive never heard of that, that is really weird! I know some people can pay for like 10 classes at a time so they arent confined to making it a lot in a month, if they have a busy schedule and can only go once on awhile.

Also where are you training out of?

What do you guys pay for membership? Post amount and location.

Southern Ontario, $80/month

Ive seen some people post saying they pay $200/month and I wanted to know some averages. I train at a small club, and I feel like mine is very affordable
Minneapolis Minnesota $85 a month

I don't pay it, but the membership fee at my gym is $79/ month. Wisconsin, USA.

You didn’t even specify what martial art, but I’m assuming it’s gi bjj

$80/a month, is there a 2yr contract arrangement going on?

Or is it one of those rip off deals where its $80 a month, but you can only trane 2x a week

Sounds like Open Mat

Toronto averages around $130-150

The big clubs with big facilities are higher up on the rates. Hell these places their gear shop is bigger than the space of most small gyms

$80/a month, is there a 2yr contract arrangement going on?

Or is it one of those rip off deals where its $80 a month, but you can only trane 2x a week

Sounds like Open Mat

Toronto averages around $130-150

The big clubs with big facilities are higher up on the rates. Hell these places their gear shop is bigger than the space of most small gyms

Its $80/month unlimited classes. My instructors wife is a nurse and the breadwinner of their family. They both train and the dojo pays for itself and a little extra so they dont have a problem with good deals

Ive never heard of that, that is really weird! I know some people can pay for like 10 classes at a time so they arent confined to making it a lot in a month, if they have a busy schedule and can only go once on awhile.

Also where are you training out of?

A Gracie Barra in San Diego. It's not as bad as some people make GB seem. I like it there and everyone there is like family now.

I used to pay $100 a month, then I was able to lower it to $80, then $70. Then my gym had a black Friday deal for $799 for 2 years. That's about to run out so they had another big special of $599 for 2 years, but the guy wrote on the confirmation email that it expires in 2021, so I think he accidentally gave me an extra year.

I live in so cal and train at a ufc gym with 2 locations near me. They have solid bjj black belt and boxing and muay thai instructors. I'm lucky

Are you at Fateh's by chance in London, Ontario?

You didn’t even specify what martial art, but I’m assuming it’s gi bjj

No, Kyusho jitsu. Well worth what I pay this guy!

dillman_2.jpg

Its $80/month unlimited classes. My instructors wife is a nurse and the breadwinner of their family. They both train and the dojo pays for itself and a little extra so they dont have a problem with good deals
Sounds pretty sweet. $80/month is a Godsend these days, the only people I know personally who have it are guys who have a grandfathered deal when they started with their gyms over a decade ago

No, Kyusho jitsu. Well worth what I pay this guy!

dillman_2.jpg
takemymoney.jpg

On a somewhat related note, I actually have a friend the routinely takes free trials at every gym he can find without paying fees. lol. These days gyms have a 1 week or 30 day free trial so it works well for him I guess.

He sounds poor

100, toronto. big school, i just get old school price.

Back