Membership costs

On a somewhat related note, I actually have a friend the routinely takes free trials at every gym he can find without paying fees. lol. These days gyms have a 1 week or 30 day free trial so it works well for him I guess.

He sounds poor
I've done this. There are lots of similar deals on groupon too. Great deals

On a somewhat related note, I actually have a friend the routinely takes free trials at every gym he can find without paying fees. lol. These days gyms have a 1 week or 30 day free trial so it works well for him I guess.
He sounds poor

That is so lame. How does he do that? Most gyms usually only allow that for residents, is there that many gyms around that he can cycle through them?

I took ownership of the gym I train at, at previously it was $100/month. After we moved into a bigger spot, I had to up the monthly tuition to $125/month for loyal members from before, and for new members I charge $150/month. I live in Downtown Honolulu, in Hawaii

That is so lame. How does he do that? Most gyms usually only allow that for residents, is there that many gyms around that he can cycle through them?
He's not a serious member, does it with every martial art he can come across, not just limited to BJJ. Dude is willing to travel from municipality to municipality

My gym in Austin charges $159 a month I think.

I’m in Pennsylvania now, and they charge $99 a month with a 1 year contract and $120 month to month. There’s another place in the area that charges like $179 a month for 3 times a week which seems very high to me for this area.

2 hundy a month, that's why I'm leaving

Sounds pretty sweet. $80/month is a Godsend these days, the only people I know personally who have it are guys who have a grandfathered deal when they started with their gyms over a decade ago

takemymoney.jpg

He sounds poor

Ryo Chonan has an mma gym here in Tokyo where he has folks pay 30 dollars for a trial lesson. If you sign a contract he pays it back.

As a guy who runs a gym I can respect the approach.

67 canadian $ (taxes included) a month including gym access (it's in the biggest gym in the area), Muay Thai classes and an MMA class once a week. we have 7 classes during the week and open mats on weekends. Almost half priced from the nearest place (GB)

Ryo Chonan has an mma gym here in Tokyo where he has folks pay 30 dollars for a trial lesson. If you sign a contract he pays it back.

As a guy who runs a gym I can respect the approach.
Pretty good customer exp. win-win for him, $30 is nothing, but erecting a policy like that is going to pull more people in

$100 a month supposed to be for 2-3 times a week but I get unlimited because I’ve been teaching some of the early morning classes so it’s become unlimited usually $120 a month

67 canadian $ (taxes included) a month including gym access (it's in the biggest gym in the area), Muay Thai classes and an MMA class once a week. we have 7 classes during the week and open mats on weekends. Almost half priced from the nearest place (GB)

That's lit, where you train out of?

I took ownership of the gym I train at, at previously it was $100/month. After we moved into a bigger spot, I had to up the monthly tuition to $125/month for loyal members from before, and for new members I charge $150/month. I live in Downtown Honolulu, in Hawaii
Why is it lame? I want to learn as much as I can and find the best gym.

To be fair its not that, its just the guy's a cheap fuck trying to game the system

I think if its because they really want to test out the environment to see if they want to join, thats fine. But it seems like the guy has no intention of signing up at all and just wants the free training

$150 Houston, Texas. BJJ classes only. From what I've seen that's pretty much the standard in this area and I've been unable to find anything lower.

32 $ a month, different classes everyday except sunday.
Are all american sports so overpriced?

I pay like $70-80. If I did more than just BJJ, it'd be more expensive. There are around 20 different class times at both locations and a 2nd degree Renzo black belt as the instructor. 0 complaints from me.

32 $ a month, different classes everyday except sunday.
Are all american sports so overpriced?

I pay like $70-80. If I did more than just BJJ, it'd be more expensive. There are around 20 different class times at both locations and a 2nd degree Renzo black belt as the instructor. 0 complaints from me.

Where are you guys training out of?

Back