Men receiving toys as Christmas gifts

You'd know that they are called lego if you had the knowledge to qualify that affirmation.

"Please always refer to our products as “LEGO bricks or toys” and not “LEGOS.” By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud, and that stands for quality the world over”
<{chips}>

I think adults exchanging gifts is asinine consumer behavior.

Good on them. I got tired of toys before I turned 11, so let them make use of em.

The doughy hand clutching that Batman knife says it all. If you have a real hobby or interest than you shouldn't be that difficult to buy for , though I usually just tell my wife what I want. The last thing she bought me on her own was a pair keens to wear when I go canoeing or rock hopping in the River( they kinda suck for that in case you're wondering , they end up filling up with pebbles and need to be taken off and shook out constantly .) .

I'd probably have to do some soul searching if my wife honestly thought I didn't have anything better to do than put a fucking set of Legos together at 38 years old.

I mean a sex robot might make for fine coffee table conversation after christmas..
<LatsRickStory>

I think most toys are really just decor when you give them to grown men. It’s not like they’re playing with the toys, at most they’re assembling them to put on a desk or shelf. I don’t see how a LEGO Star Wars is much different from a ship in a bottle kit.

I think most toys are really just decor when you give them to grown men. It’s not like they’re playing with the toys, at most they’re assembling them to put on a desk or shelf. I don’t see how a LEGO Star Wars is much different from a ship in a bottle kit.
Lego Ship in a Bottle.jpg

Nah, that was normal before consumer culture
I believe you but I come from simple folk, European hill people.. We never did that shit, it might be misconstrued as a marriage proposal

You don’t stop playing because you get old, you get old when you stop playing.

The Millenium Falcon seems like something too expensive to give to a dumb kid, who might swallow some pieces.

You don’t stop playing because you get old, you get old when you stop playing.

True , but you can " play " with surfboards and motorcycles and AR15's and Mountain bikes and fishing rods or by doing marshal arts.....I hardly think action figures a decade or 2 into adulthood are a prerequisite.

I've given an adult a toy for as part of their birthday gifts before. It was a matchbox car that I stripped down and customized to look like a vehicle they used to own years ago.

A batman knife. It was in my post. It was a thoughtful gift, and that thing is surgical sharp and not very practical. I just keep in on my collectible shelf.

I was thinking it looks like you'd cut yourself every other time you touched it.

Back