Mental health and steroid abuse

A lot of cycles tend to lead to insomnia

which doesn't help your mental state, being sleep deprived makes me cranky anyway, add in a lot more T probably wont help

I’m not for the alternative meicine, I’m for the science. The link of the doctor I put he is a famous American neurologist not a shaman.

Is crazy thinking to cure a person feeding up with meds, then other meds for hiding side effects on so on.... for life!

As I wrote celiac disease, non celiac gluten sensivity, leaky gut, and many other diseases linked to schizophrenia do exist, this is not shamanism. Do exist also a lot of medical lictrature about it....

But as I said I had my last flu 10 years ago, and my last T level check was 1050 ng/dl. So is not my problem trying to convince others

Since you've clearly demonstrated that you've talked to a professional, I'll go in. Steroids do not create anything new in terms of psych, but they do amplify what is already there. However, that only matters when you're going beyond what your body needs. The problem here is that what you need is different from person to person. If you're under supervision, you're in good hands. Keep a journal of how you feel.

I’m not courious for myself, just trying to help.

Tyson when he was a child was considered retarded and they gave him meds too. Bobby Stewart brang him out of there...

I don’t know your story, i’m Just trying to help. I take meds only if is strictly necessary. One time when I was 17 I had a motorbike crash with a car, I had one bone broken that was also displaced and outside. In the hospital they couldn’t send me to surgery during night but the day after. During night indeed didn’t sleep but I didn’t ask any pain pills. But that’s me.

Anyway, last time I had flu was 10 years ago. But I do take care a lot of my health.

In my opinion most (but not alll!) of the doctors are a bunch of idiots, they give meds like candies and there is a big interest for big pharma.... is business...

Anyway you are taking meds since you were 18 years old, for side effects you need others meds, then you will need other meds for other side effects. Getting older you always need more meds. You are a top costumer for health care companies and big pharma.

I would suggest you trying to seek other doctors opinions, if you want: https://www.drperlmutter.com/

Choice is yours, not mine. I have T blood level that is naturally over the range.

Yo, absolutely do not tell paranoid schizophrenics that they should quit their meds.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, it's really fucking dangerous.

Yo, absolutely do not tell paranoid schizophrenics that they should quit their meds.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, it's really fucking dangerous.

I was at medical school, I perfecly know what I'm talking about....

Anyway DIDN'T tell him not to take meds, I SUGGESTED HIM trying to ask other opinions.
Put a link of a famous american neurologist David Perlmutter. but there are many others, and he doesn't need a famous physician just a good one.

I'm my opinion is crazy continue to add meds to hide side effects of previous meds.

Can be other options like changing drug, or reducing dosage. But DIND'T tell that, I said to ask other opinions from other physicians.

But as I said everyone do what wants to do, if he is fine (from what he wrote seems not, but he is not my choice) he can continue this way. AS I WROTE don't need to convince anyone.

I was at medical school, I perfecly know what I'm talking about....

Anyway DIDN'T tell him not to take meds, I SUGGESTED HIM trying to ask other opinions.
Put a link of a famous american neurologist David Perlmutter. but there are many others, and he doesn't need a famous physician just a good one.

I'm my opinion is crazy continue to add meds to hide side effects of previous meds.

Can be other options like changing drug, or reducing dosage. But DIND'T tell that, I said to ask other opinions from other physicians.

But as I said everyone do what wants to do, if he is fine (from what he wrote seems not, but he is not my choice) he can continue this way. AS I WROTE don't need to convince anyone.

And read this case study, I think you don't know what you are talking about:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2652467/

Except you don't seem to know about schizophrenia. It's a catch all term that describes many distinct conditions. The gluten connection is possibly valid in a subset of schizophrenia cases, a significant but small sample. I only say possible because of the lack of citation within the literature.

The reason I came down on you is that I believe it's quite irresponsible to engender a distrust of medication or the motivations of the medication provider in a schizophrenic patient. The consequences of them forgoing their medication can be severe.

That's for the primary physician to take into account. They can best assess the patient.

I didn't mean to be so harsh, I was half awake at the time and read your post as maybe 10% more provocative than it was.

Except you don't seem to know about schizophrenia. It's a catch all term that describes many distinct conditions. The gluten connection is possibly valid in a subset of schizophrenia cases, a significant but small sample. I only say possible because of the lack of citation within the literature.

The reason I came down on you is that I believe it's quite irresponsible to engender a distrust of medication or the motivations of the medication provider in a schizophrenic patient. The consequences of them forgoing their medication can be severe.

That's for the primary physician to take into account. They can best assess the patient.

I didn't mean to be so harsh, I was half awake at the time and read your post as maybe 10% more provocative than it was.

Are you a doctor?

Didn't want to provoke anyone, my goal was only trying to help.

Anyway, in recently few years came out a lot of new studies regarding gluten, leaky gut, damages made by high carbs diets (not only gluten but sugars too!) ect. linked to a lot of brain issues -not only- schizophrenia but also dementia, autism, depression, and alzheimer ect.....!

The main problem is not only gluten or gluten sensibility, but damages to gut made by some foods. And gut is our second brain and it is strictly linked to it, that is sure here there isn't lack of medical literature.

Others studies talk about some grains protein that can interact with brain passing trough blood brain barrier, and making damages inside.

https://draxe.com/4-steps-to-heal-leaky-gut-and-autoimmune-disease/

Another bad thing for brain is high blood sugar levels and and insulin. I'm not schizophrenic but can remember when I used to make an high carbs diet, my mood fluctuated all day! and before meals with a low blood sugar level I was a beast! And after them was depressed! What this mood fluctuation can do in a schizophrenic brain?

Many famous doctors begin to be suspicious about gluten, especially new gmos grains which for commercial reasons contains a lot of gluten (it's better for dough)

Now everyone talk about keto diets, IF, seems that they can cure: both type one and type 2 diabetes! Dementia, and a lot fo brain issues. (about seizures was already known 80 years ago!)

We don't still know exactly how keto metabolism work, but it is involved in producing GABA. and that is good for schizophrenic brain!

http://www.schizophrenic.com/articles/schizophrenia/gaba-and-schizophrenia

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201104/your-brain-ketones

A doctor who is not update on new studies is useless in my opinion. And before giving him more drugs I would try a lot of things, would consider drugs only as last hope. But that's me.

I enjoy myself with a natural 1.050 ng/dl Testosterone! Don't need to convince anyone.

Last edited:
Are you a doctor?

Didn't want to provoke anyone, my goal was only trying to help.

Anyway, in recently few years came out a lot of new studies regarding gluten, leaky gut, damages made by high carbs diets (not only gluten but sugars too!) ect. linked to a lot of brain issues -not only- schizophrenia but also dementia, autism, depression, and alzheimer ect.....!

The main problem is not only gluten or gluten sensibility, but damages to gut made by some foods. And gut is our second brain and it is strictly linked to it, that is sure here there isn't lack of medical literature.

Others studies talk about some grains protein that can interact with brain passing trough blood brain barrier, and making damages inside.

https://draxe.com/4-steps-to-heal-leaky-gut-and-autoimmune-disease/

Another bad thing for brain is high blood sugar levels and and insulin. I'm not schizophrenic but can remember when I used to make an high carbs diet, my mood fluctuated all day! and before meals with a low blood sugar level I was a beast! And after them was depressed! What this mood fluctuation can do in a schizophrenic brain?

Many famous doctors begin to be suspicious about gluten, especially new gmos grains which for commercial reasons contains a lot of gluten (it's better for dough)

Now everyone talk about keto diets, IF, seems that they can cure: both type one and type 2 diabetes! Dementia, and a lot fo brain issues. (about seizures was already known 80 years ago!)

We don't still know exactly how keto metabolism work, but it is involved in producing GABA. and that is good for schizophrenic brain!

http://www.schizophrenic.com/articles/schizophrenia/gaba-and-schizophrenia

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201104/your-brain-ketones

A doctor who is not update on new studies is useless in my opinion. And before giving him more drugs I would try a lot of things, would consider drugs only as last hope. But that's me.

I enjoy myself with a natural 1.050 ng/dl Testosterone! Don't need to convince anyone.

The gut brain axis, has a lot to answer for but to suggest gluten is the main reason is a bit of a stretch. It's still a chicken and egg situation when it comes to the link between types and counts of bacteria found in the gut of people with certain mental illnesses.

The gut brain axis, has a lot to answer for but to suggest gluten is the main reason is a bit of a stretch. It's still a chicken and egg situation when it comes to the link between types and counts of bacteria found in the gut of people with certain mental illnesses.

In fact IF you read the link I put, gluten MAY be just one of the possible causes.

Brain and gut are strictly linked is already known from many years, that is taught also at first year of med school.

Causes of schizophrenia can be many, eviroment, psychological trauma, drugs. A possible cause for some is high exposure of double bind communication in family when you are a child. Can be also all mixed tougher. I DIDN'T tell gluten is the cause. Just told that you won't find out any causes (also of other symptoms not only schizophrenia) if you continue to add meds to hide previous side effects of previous meds. But don't need to convince anyone, as I always did I will follow my way with other people or alone too... till now I did pretty well.

The asking was about side effects of steroids prescription use, as I wrote taking them controlled by a physician (if he is good) should minimize side effects. But DO NOT exist any med without side effects. So also the fucking pill for flu may have some. So I would consider them only as last hope, when everything was tried before them.

Last edited:
In fact IF you read the link I put, gluten MAY be just one of the possible causes.

Brain and gut are strictly linked is already known from many years, that is taught also at first year of med school.

Causes of schizophrenia can be many, eviroment, psychological trauma, drugs. A possible cause for some is high exposure of double bind communication in family when you are a child. Can be also all mixed tougher. I DIDN'T tell gluten is the cause. Just told that you won't find out any causes (also of other symptoms not only schizophrenia) if you continue to add meds to hide previous side effects of previous meds. But don't need to convince anyone, as I always did I will follow my way with other people or alone too... till now I did pretty well.

The asking was about side effects of steroids prescription use, as I wrote taking them controlled by a physician (if he is good) should minimize side effects. But DO NOT exist any med without side effects. So also the fucking pill for flu may have some. So I would consider them only as last hope, when everything was tried before them.

Hmmmm, maybe a couple more layers on your tin foil hat...maybe?

Back