mental health days vs sick days

Yeah typically go workers are cool and people can really suck. But then sometimes you get to meet really cool people as well.
Oh yeah. There’s lots of fun characters that come in and are enjoyable to have around. Or friendly old couples that like telling you their stories and knowledge. Learn a lot there tbh.

"Mental health" days are for the mentally weak. So are sick days unless you are a genuine invalid.

is it legit to take a day off from work if u just need to chill for a bit, like so u dont go crazy. as opposed to havinga stomach bug where u shit a few extra times or a cold. IS mental health vs physical health same thing if u have like 10 sick days a year anyway?
Every body I work with have mental issues but they are not aware of it. Taking time off is imperative, dude.

Take your B complex and meditate.

Keep your mind sane and your spirit alive!

Yeah not me. If I'm feeling down the best thing to do is get up and get back out there and try to make it better. Sometimes it works and sometimes life kicks you in the ass and nothing gets better but at least you can say you tried. A sense of accomplishment goes a long way and in my opinion is far more healing than staying at home moping around.

We manage our own schedules in our company. I left at 3 yesterday, but came in after hours to do the monthly reporting. If I am sick for a couple days one week, it just means I'll likely have to work extra the next week to get caught up. Some weeks our closer may work 35 hours, but others she'll work 45 hours. I think it's ridiculous for salaried employees to worry about shit like this. As long as the work is getting done and people don't have to cover for you, why should it matter? If you are willing to work extra when things are very hectic, why not be more relaxed when things are slow? It's a give and take.

Mental health days are important IMO. As long as I don't have anything pressing going on I have no qualms about taking a day just because I want to.
^This.

As an employer I would tell you 'yes take the day if you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, run down' but try not to take them in midst of key deliverables or on Friday's or Mondays where possible.

Just make sure one of your personalities is a hypercondriac

is it legit to take a day off from work if u just need to chill for a bit, like so u dont go crazy. as opposed to havinga stomach bug where u shit a few extra times or a cold. IS mental health vs physical health same thing if u have like 10 sick days a year anyway?

I take sick days when i know imma get too drunk the night before so I'm probably not the guy to ask.

I just use my sick days I don't have to give any explanation I have a union if I call HR and say I'm calling in sick I get paid as long as I have sick hours.

Same. A couple weeks ago i wanted to get drunk so i took the next day off. I work 5am and weekends so fuck em if i got the time its my time. At least once a week someone i work with takes off. We just work harder that day, no big deal. It really depends on the job though obviously.

I've had sgts and me home for mental health days, usually after a death of a child call.

Had others do the same for a coworker who took like 3 suicides in a 2 day span, including a 10 year old.

Those are good bosses.

Also depends on your job. I have a very stressful job. I haven't actually been sick enough to call out of any job in like 3 years. But I do take mental health days, otherwise I wouldn't have lasted as long as I have at my job. I have already told my boss I was quitting like 4 times, but instead took the next day off and came back feeling a little better and pushed through for a few more months.

Back