Message exploit for ps4 causing systems to get bricked

If you change your PSN privacy settings via PS3, does that also get reflected on your PS4? Are these settings universal specific to your PSN rather than each PS console?

Thanks for threading topic and letting our VG community know, Bj.

No prob my friend told me and I didn't see it posted I figured it was important enough seems to mostly affect people playing rainbow 6 siege but better to be safe than sorry

Yea saw that this morning need to do it on my system even though my PS4 is a glorified Roku box now.

My shit has been on private. The only messages I ever got were salty whiners and spam.

Thanks for the heads up. Just put messages on private.... when I probably should have already done.

Now back to DQXI.

How does the message even fuck with your console? For the record, people can still attach messages to a friend request, so watch out.

How does the message even fuck with your console? For the record, people can still attach messages to a friend request, so watch out.

My guess is the system can't handle characters that don't exist (like an obscure language, etc) or some weird character

That's pretty scary. I think messages are previewed by default in the pop up notification so he could have bricked a lot of consoles without the owners even realizing what happened.

Yeah, I'd like to know as well if you need an update
or that Sony has fixed something in their servers.

Last edited:
The articles I saw said it's not bricked, but put into an endless crash loop that can be fixed in 5 minutes. Didn't see if there's a System Update patch or if it's some internal fix where users don't need to do anything. You'd think there would be more specifics for something so serious.

Back