Met Cheick Kongo Yesterday

aw2ik1.jpg

Thought I was gonna post one last time several pages ago..

glad its still rocking

I had a lucky sequence of events the past couple days. A friend of my moms husband used to wrestle with one of Rampages sparring partners(Josh Hall), he was TUF when Rampage was coaching against Forrest. Since they're out in Denver training and getting used to the altitude for 135, they invited us to where their training at. Its an incredible facility. Basically a lounge looking room with tvs and couches, a huge weight lifting area, a cage and boxing ring, bedrooms, physical therapy rooms, an indoor running pool type thing, etc.. its was just amazing. I could have gotten lost.

When we first walked in, we were in the lounge area and I saw Tiki just chilling on the couch on his phone haha. Throughout the whole tour of the place I saw multiple sparring partners of Rampage, and a lot of the trainers from Wolfslair. When we get to the physical therapy/resting area, Josh Hall knocks on the door, and walks in with the door open. He says "whats up man", and I hear Rampage say "Yo whats up"... The door closed, and it ended up Rampage was sleeping before the next session., so we didn't meet him.

When we walked in the lounge area, where we started. I see Cheick Kongo just on his iPad, just hanging out haha. It was awesome.

Before we left we talked to Rampages boxing coach from Wolfslair, and another one of his sparring partners from Wolfslair. He asked if I was going to the fights on the 24th, and I told him I was. He said keep my hair the way it is, and if he sees me, he'll call me down haha.

It was such a sick experience. And Josh says that he'll set up another time before the 24th to sit down and chill with Rampage. So awesome.

100_0430-1.jpg

Kongo is nothing compared to the flat top.

hey just got back fr---GODDAMN STILL ALIVE?! is this even possible? Pardon me while I change into my shooping pants

EDIT: REST IN PEACE. never forget. One more for the archives

20730675.jpg

Last edited:
Back