Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Finished game 2 weeks after release...and I feel like play it again. Man what a game that is.

10/10

Wish we had more games like that.

Never finished it as it's repetition always got the best of me but it was an enjoyable game for the most part. I particularly enjoyed Quiet's tits and stealing cargo containers.

Last edited:
Did you know the European model who mo-capped Quiet is fluent in Japanese?

I wish I knew about Event FOBs, PF league battles, Deployment missions during my initial run so I could have developed the better stuff earlier.

Finished game 2 weeks after release...and I feel like play it again. Man what a game that is.

10/10

Wish we had more games like that.
I almost bought it yesterday in all fortuity. Changed my mind last minute and picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands instead but reckon I'll circle back at some point and jump in. Looks like a proper tale of score-evening.

I almost bought it yesterday in all fortuity. Changed my mind last minute and picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands instead but reckon I'll circle back at some point and jump in. Looks like a proper tale of score-evening.
Do so, the game has plenty of shortcomings, but dont even read the reviews etc. Just play it, wish you experienced the hype for it, you'd enjoy it even more with the trailers and the music imo.

The best MGS in terms of gameplay, its ridiculously fun till you start picking it apart later down the line. Solid 8-9/10, even though there are PLENTY of things wrong with the game, and I mean plenty.

Do so in your spare time, Im sure youre getting ready for RDR2, MGS is a big game. Also play MGO too.

Absolutely loved it, been thinking about going back and playing it again but I won't have time to beat it for RDR2 comes out.

It's one of the best games I ever played until they tried to make me play it over and over. I still got a solid 60-70 hours of good original content out of it.

I think it's amazing. I think I gots like 250 hours in it over a couple of playthroughs, and it's still a game I see myself replaying every or year or so for the rest of time

Gameplay wise it's one of the most fun I've had in a single-player game.

During a large portion of the game, it was a slog. But then again, I thought recruiting any and all A and above recruits would amount to anything but gate for upgrades. By the end, I was enthralled, and thought it was great. I just really wish the story was way more fleshed out, and Kuntnami allowed Kojima to finish the last act.

A Hideo Kojima post.

I stopped playing once I had to start going back to places I already infiltrated.

I stopped playing once I had to start going back to places I already infiltrated.
That's a fair criticism of the game and I wish they had done more to reduce the repetitiveness of some missions. However I felt the game gave you enough variety in how you could approach scenarios that I didn't mind replaying most of the areas because I would use a different strategy each time

That's a fair criticism of the game and I wish they had done more to reduce the repetitiveness of some missions. However I felt the game gave you enough variety in how you could approach scenarios that I didn't mind replaying most of the areas because I would use a different strategy each time

Yea I don't like infiltrating places just to give myself variety I feel the game make dev should force me to use a different strat if anything. Move the soldiers, change routes, increase security, etc. It's a shame because it's some of the best stealth I've played in a long time I really enjoyed it.

Still got about 18 hours out of a $10 purchase so I'm not even mad.

Right now, I'm just trying to do the deployment (autopilot) missions to get GMP and accumulate PF pts to use on S++ staff so I can upgrade my Battle Dress and UAV hoping I'll have better FOB defense. I also want to max out the Brennan upgrades.

They should increase the max GMP and resources.

It is the only Metal Gear game I haven't beaten. Don't know why. I am *right* at the end. Been there for 2+ years. It's so damn good, so overwhelming. I need to start it from scratch and do it properly.

It is the only Metal Gear game I haven't beaten. Don't know why. I am *right* at the end. Been there for 2+ years. It's so damn good, so overwhelming. I need to start it from scratch and do it properly.

I got it on day one, and it took until like a year ago to finish it. I also bought the Witcher 3 on day one with the season pass. I'm aaaaaalmost at the ending of the main witcher 3 story. I loved the books and marathon played the first two. Don't know what it is about me and games these days.

Played it for 10 hours and dropped it.

It's not Metal Gear Solid to me if it's not a linear game with 5 hour cut-scenes involving pseudo-philosophical exchanges with political overtones by eccentric characters and bad guys that you root for.

My favorites of the series were MGS1 and MGS4.

This was the first MGS game I played since the first one and after about 5 or so hours it absolutely frustrated the hell out of me. It felt like enemy line of sight was everywhere in each mission and I was repeating them like an autist to figure out the tiniest of available holes. Guess it's just not the game for me.

Back