Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

I've never seen it. I used to be a huge Metallica fan, but then I heard other bands and realized how shitty of a drummer Lars is. Now, all I can hear when I listen to them is Lars being shitty. That and their new music is just awful. And the Napster thing. But since we're on the subject, has anyone seen the Pantera "3" video? It's pretty awesome. And it won't make you lose respect for them.

:D

Robert Trujilo is too good for Metalica (I'm not talking talent here, but as a person). As a bass player myself, I can't imagine what a drag it must be to play with Lars.

Soooo true, but Robert is such a cool dude, he deserves an easy gig that pays him uber cash, and makes him laugh. Besides, he was able to use some of that Metcrapola cash and influence to get his amazing 'Jaco' doc out.

A huge embarassment for all involved. Except Torben. Torben pwned.
Just delete it and start over
That was going to be the opening track

Torben knew what Metallica was about more than Metallica did by then

I have never been interested in it before because it's had so many glowing reviews by mongs who like the black album and newer, but my interest is piqued by this idea of watching it as a comedy. Thanks Sherdog!
It's funny in a depressing "Jesus, what happened to these guys? " way.

Maybe the band simply ran out of good ideas but hadn't realized it yet.

Listening to Lars on Chris Jericho's podcast right now:

Lars gets a lot of unnecessary criticism. Everyone knows he isn't the best drummer on the planet and especially in metal but his style works well in Metallica. Also without Lars' business acumen when the band first started who knows if they would have ever became the group they are today. As well when I met him back in 2009 before their show here in NY he was extremely nice, down to earth and made me feel at ease. Far from the way the media portrays him.

http://radio.morphinemachine.com/ Also tune in if you want to hear tunes from the new Metallica album as well as other new material from NIN, Devin Townsend and also classic metal

Lars gets a lot of unnecessary criticism. Everyone knows he isn't the best drummer on the planet and especially in metal but his style works well in Metallica. Also without Lars' business acumen when the band first started who knows if they would have ever became the group they are today. As well when I met him back in 2009 before their show here in NY he was extremely nice, down to earth and made me feel at ease. Far from the way the media portrays him.

http://radio.morphinemachine.com/ Also tune in if you want to hear tunes from the new Metallica album as well as other new material from NIN, Devin Townsend and also classic metal

Plus his input to all the arrangement to the songs also

Stumbled on this randomly. Apparently Rammstein have professional therapy sessions for them to work together. They haven't changed their lineup since beginning (25 years).

Stumbled on this randomly. Apparently Rammstein have professional therapy sessions for them to work together. They haven't changed their lineup since beginning (25 years).

Think they started them around the time of Reise Reise, or just after

this will, however

http://you_poseur.tripod.com/panTera/panTera.htm

Totes agreed on Lars. TBH Hammett is pretty bad too. Not Lars bad and he has some good ideas, but in general he has one solo and seems to be tone deaf.

Lulz. This goddamn page. Talk about a blast to the past. I read this for the first time like 15 years ago.

I'm a huge Pantera fan but ironically enough, that page introduced me to Exhorder and made me a big fan of them as well.

As a drummer myself I can say that Lars is a joke, but his style works well for Metallica. (he played well on the early albums) and I heard that he's great with fans so I can't really shit on him

I've never seen it. I used to be a huge Metallica fan, but then I heard other bands and realized how shitty of a drummer Lars is. Now, all I can hear when I listen to them is Lars being shitty. That and their new music is just awful. And the Napster thing. But since we're on the subject, has anyone seen the Pantera "3" video? It's pretty awesome. And it won't make you lose respect for them.

If you are a Metallica fan and you actually enjoy being a Metallica fan, then I'd recommend that you DON'T watch it.

Good wisdom. I've heard this as well; which is why I won't be watching it.

Good wisdom. I've heard this as well; which is why I won't be watching it.
There's a moment I knew I'd be laughing about for years, already described.
Lars' father knows more about what Metallica should sound like than Metallica.

Back