Mgtow thread

Dude, save it. I was divorced. And you know what I did? I said to myself, “I lost years of my life to that bitch. Not another second.” I know it doesn’t seem like it, but let give you the best advice anyone can give you about baggage: Get. Fucking. Over it. Quit the pity party, get off your dead ass, and get back out there. Time will pass no matter what, so you can either live your life to the fullest or not. But if you choose not to, that is time you will never get back. Your chances for happiness may slip through your fingers, and you’ll only have yourself to blame. So what’s it gonna be?
Good advice, but
d6b6fc57a9b9df5764a41bada0178b59.jpg

Men Going Their Own Way?

LOL more like, Men Sent Their Own Way

The more you talk to these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in denial the more you realize that they are in fact frustrated and bitter hermits that women don't like because of their toxic ways.

Edit- Keep this pathetic shit off Sherdog

Men Going Their Own Way?

LOL more like, Men Sent Their Own Way

The more you talk to these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in denial the more you realize that they are in fact frustrated and bitter hermits that women don't like because of their toxic ways.

Edit- Keep this pathetic shit off Sherdog
Pathetic huh? Says the guy with 1200 posts in 2 months, lol. Seriously though, if you enjoy yourself and aren't hurting anyone else, then who cares how someone spends their time and money?

I still don't fully get what this is, and I've heard about it for years.
Based on the above description, maybe that's almost my life, only I'm still hating life and waiting for a bear to come put me out of my misery*

*Orally**

**No homo
Mainly opting out of marriage and having children with a woman to avoid the negative repercussions for men in the modern, gynocentric family court system.

There are different levels of it but the basic idea is spending more time and money on yourself rather than trying to please women.

Dude, save it. I was divorced. And you know what I did? I said to myself, “I lost years of my life to that bitch. Not another second.” I know it doesn’t seem like it, but let give you the best advice anyone can give you about baggage: Get. Fucking. Over it. Quit the pity party, get off your dead ass, and get back out there. Time will pass no matter what, so you can either live your life to the fullest or not. But if you choose not to, that is time you will never get back. Your chances for happiness may slip through your fingers, and you’ll only have yourself to blame. So what’s it gonna be?
So basically a dude who is suffering should just get back out there? How in fuck does that even help him with his issues? You have literally offered nothing to people like that who would be MGTOW'ers. Look at it like this they got burned, and you want them to stick their hand back in the fire, tell them why... With out the attitude.

Also why must happiness be tied to relationships with females? Are you implying one can not be happy with out them? Time with out a female is wasted? So MGTOW people who do what they want, and are free from the harpies, are wasting their time and not living their life? Even though they are happy? How the hell does that work.

Just saying get over it is a cliché, it offers nothing. You don't tell someone who is depressed and suicidal to just get over it, shit does not work. MGTOW people need therapy and time away from the succubus's. Time to heal, and then eventually get back into the game.

So basically a dude who is suffering should just get back out there? How in fuck does that even help him with his issues? You have literally offered nothing to people like that who would be MGTOW'ers. Look at it like this they got burned, and you want them to stick their hand back in the fire, tell them why... With out the attitude.

Also why must happiness be tied to relationships with females? Are you implying one can not be happy with out them? Time with out a female is wasted? So MGTOW people who do what they want, and are free from the harpies, are wasting their time and not living their life? Even though they are happy? How the hell does that work.

Just saying get over it is a cliché, it offers nothing. You don't tell someone who is depressed and suicidal to just get over it, shit does not work. MGTOW people need therapy and time away from the succubus's. Time to heal, and then eventually get back into the game.
Dude, you're asking to be coddled. I won't coddle you. I will give you the tough love that your father should have given you but didn't. Yes, stop crying, get up, and get back on the horse. If you don't, you will die miserable and unfulfilled. Or you can take risks, potentially get hurt again, or potentially succeed. But failure is certain if you don't try.

This bullshit "ideology" addresses romantic relationships. So that's why I am keeping the topic there. To be a success, you should seek the best for yourself everywhere. But MGTOW says to its followers, "Women suck. You can either ignore them altogether or act like a frat boy so that you don't have to go through the pain of being hurt again." Dude, you can slice it anyway that you want, but that's being a coward.

First of all, melodramatic, aren't we? There's no need to be a drama queen about it. Second of all, suicide is for cowards and the mentally ill. You are saying that people need to seek solace and a "safe space" away from all those "evil" women. If these "men" take refuge, that's on them. No one is going to stop them. But it needs to be publicly said that these guys are sorry, sad sacks of shit. Young, impressionable guys should learn that this is not how men should behave. Real men should learn to fall down, stand up quickly, and get back to it. That's how every winner handles business. The modern, effeminate man who lacks spine and the ability to deal with adversity is disgusting.

Dude, you're asking to be coddled. I won't coddle you. I will give you the tough love that your father should have given you but didn't. Yes, stop crying, get up, and get back on the horse. If you don't, you will die miserable and unfulfilled. Or you can take risks, potentially get hurt again, or potentially succeed. But failure is certain if you don't try.

This bullshit "ideology" addresses romantic relationships. So that's why I am keeping the topic there. To be a success, you should seek the best for yourself everywhere. But MGTOW says to its followers, "Women suck. You can either ignore them altogether or act like a frat boy so that you don't have to go through the pain of being hurt again." Dude, you can slice it anyway that you want, but that's being a coward.

First of all, melodramatic, aren't we? There's no need to be a drama queen about it. Second of all, suicide is for cowards and the mentally ill. You are saying that people need to seek solace and a "safe space" away from all those "evil" women. If these "men" take refuge, that's on them. No one is going to stop them. But it needs to be publicly said that these guys are sorry, sad sacks of shit. Young, impressionable guys should learn that this is not how men should behave. Real men should learn to fall down, stand up quickly, and get back to it. That's how every winner handles business. The modern, effeminate man who lacks spine and the ability to deal with adversity is disgusting.
I know you're talking to the other dude but do you have any arguments for marriage and having kids other than 'you're pathetic and spineless for not doing it'?

What is the argument for men to get married? More than half of marriages end in divorce and 97% of alimony is paid by men. It's a shitty deal. Why can't you have a relationship with a woman that's like a marriage without the stipulation that you lose half your stuff if it doesn't work out?

This be a man and get back on the horse stuff sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Why are you so set on shaming any guy that doesn't want to live like this? What is actually wrong with being single and doing things you enjoy?

None of this actually heals the emotional trauma. You again failed to address it. You also failed to address the fact that many of these men have been horrifically hurt by them. Men not addressing their emotional issues is a problem, no matter how you slice it. Why are you so afraid to deal with the emotional issues?

Secondly, what is so wrong with taking refuge, time away from the thing that caused you pain? Why is taking some time to heal from the wound a bad thing? Even a wounded dog will find a safe place away to lick his wounds, why should men be any different? MGTOW is not permanent, every one of them will eventually find their way out of it at some point or another. Are you going to be there to offer a helping hand and guide them on the path to Game and dicking down loads of sluts, or are you going to be the guy who shames them?

Marriage and long term commitments are bad for men in the present day. It really isn't up for debate. What people do with that information is up to them. Some want to ignore it or still roll the dice on a bad bet. Others opt out and the smart ones are able to do that without demonizing or writing off all women in the process.

More and more of them are realizing it as well, which is why open relationships and more casual forms of dating are catching on among educated women. Traditional marriage is on the way out and that's a good thing. It's an antiquated institution based on religious bullshit. It has never been desirable or fair for both sexes simultaneously.

The MGTOW movements seem to have a lot of former married men as well.

I personally think it's a mistake to base your complete happiness around relationships with others, because they'll ultimately fail you; that, or someone or something beyond your controll will try to take that happiness away.

I agree with this, but mgtow seems stupid as fuck. You don't have to swear off women to make your own life a priority.

Do you. And date women who accept you for who you are. Simple concept here. I do the same activities in my life regardless of whether I'm dating.

Mainly opting out of marriage and having children with a woman to avoid the negative repercussions for men in the modern, gynocentric family court system.

There are different levels of it but the basic idea is spending more time and money on yourself rather than trying to please women.

This used to be called just not being a beta male. It never required a support group or the anti women slant these guys want to give it.

I know you're talking to the other dude but do you have any arguments for marriage and having kids other than 'you're pathetic and spineless for not doing it'?

What is the argument for men to get married? More than half of marriages end in divorce and 97% of alimony is paid by men. It's a shitty deal. Why can't you have a relationship with a woman that's like a marriage without the stipulation that you lose half your stuff if it doesn't work out?

This be a man and get back on the horse stuff sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Why are you so set on shaming any guy that doesn't want to live like this? What is actually wrong with being single and doing things you enjoy?
I'm not telling you to get married and have kids. I've never said that you need to do that. What I am saying is that swearing off women because you've been burned once before is a coward's response to a universal human experience. We've all burned someone, and we've all been burned. If you let someone else change the course of your life like that, you're a chicken shit who can't deal with the problems of the real world.

Heard all the red pill stuff before. Still not central to my argument. I'm not here to defend the court system and how it does its business.

What I am shaming is any man who lets someone else alter the course of his life because he's too much of a sensitive snowflake to take a punch to the gut and keep coming forward. Life moves on, and if you stay curled up like a little ball, you're wasting the best parts of it. This is what frustrates me about this movement. It's not that guys just aren't interested in a relationship or women, it's that they are too scared to enter the pool because they've been burned once before and are too jaded. If this were a conversation about a bunch of guys who legitimately were pursuing their dreams and letting a family take the back burner, this would be a different conversation. But it's simply not.

None of this actually heals the emotional trauma. You again failed to address it. You also failed to address the fact that many of these men have been horrifically hurt by them. Men not addressing their emotional issues is a problem, no matter how you slice it. Why are you so afraid to deal with the emotional issues?

Secondly, what is so wrong with taking refuge, time away from the thing that caused you pain? Why is taking some time to heal from the wound a bad thing? Even a wounded dog will find a safe place away to lick his wounds, why should men be any different? MGTOW is not permanent, every one of them will eventually find their way out of it at some point or another. Are you going to be there to offer a helping hand and guide them on the path to Game and dicking down loads of sluts, or are you going to be the guy who shames them?
The "emotional trauma" shit needs to stop. It's just whining. So why would I address it or appease it? As for dealing with real emotional issues, people absolutely should. But you getting dumped by your girlfriend hardly qualifies as emotional trauma or emotional baggage.

I honestly believe you're trolling right now. You're not a wounded dog, or maybe you are. But some of us are fucking men, and when we are dealt a bad hand, we fold the cards, and we don't walk away from the table, swearing off the game altogether. By minimizing the time we spend crying, we get back to the best parts of life, the things that enrich our lives. And believe me, no one spends their final moments on their deathbed wishing that they had spent more time bitter and jaded. They wish that they had spent more time doing the things that they love with the people that they love. Is this seriously hard to grasp?

Call this for what it is: It's a support group for a bunch of guys that have been dumped by their girlfriends and wives, and they are looking for a group of guys who will commiserate about how evil women are with them. But like I was saying, by minimizing the amount of time we waste, we are free to devote more of it to the things that actually matter and make us happy. That's why I keep calling this tough love: I'm trying to push, shove, and drag you guys back into the real world so that you can start going after the things that actually matter. If you don't want to get married, fine. But closing off a portion of your life just because you're scared isn't a healthy way to live.

I feel like a lot of these ideas don't take mortality/aging into account

None of this shit matters once you are out of your 20's and losing your looks

And it will happen to all of us

This makes me think of the Marc Maron special on Comedy Central, he is talking about he doesn't understand the point of relationships

The point of a relationship is that you care about somebody, it's not complicated, and I don't know why Marc wouldn't realize that

You have to care about people, to want to be in a relationship with them

If you don't care about people, then don't worry about it, and go on and live your life

But I think a lot of people in this thread really do care, but all of this is a way for them to sweep it under a rug, and try to hide it

I will say this, getting old sucks, and from what I've seen, getting old alone sucks really bad... at a certain point conversing with strangers on forums loses it's appeal and you will wish you had more

The "emotional trauma" shit needs to stop. It's just whining. So why would I address it or appease it? As for dealing with real emotional issues, people absolutely should. But you getting dumped by your girlfriend hardly qualifies as emotional trauma or emotional baggage.

I honestly believe you're trolling right now. You're not a wounded dog, or maybe you are. But some of us are fucking men, and when we are dealt a bad hand, we fold the cards, and we don't walk away from the table, swearing off the game altogether. By minimizing the time we spend crying, we get back to the best parts of life, the things that enrich our lives. And believe me, no one spends their final moments on their deathbed wishing that they had spent more time bitter and jaded. They wish that they had spent more time doing the things that they love with the people that they love. Is this seriously hard to grasp?

Call this for what it is: It's a support group for a bunch of guys that have been dumped by their girlfriends and wives, and they are looking for a group of guys who will commiserate about how evil women are with them. But like I was saying, by minimizing the amount of time we waste, we are free to devote more of it to the things that actually matter and make us happy. That's why I keep calling this tough love: I'm trying to push, shove, and drag you guys back into the real world so that you can start going after the things that actually matter. If you don't want to get married, fine. But closing off a portion of your life just because you're scared isn't a healthy way to live.
Why must women be a portion of our lives though? What do they possibly offer besides the ability to take half our shit? If it were not for sex they would literally have nothing I want.

You do know this is more then just being dumped right? Have you been on the MGTOW forum and read some of the backstories there? A lot of those guys were more then dumped, they got absolutely shredded and mind fucked. You keep downplaying this but as I have said, most of the guys in mgtow need therapy, not a girlfriend. They need to see someone, but they cant, because people with misguided attitudes towards manliness wont let them. Deriding the seeking of help as weak.

You keep talking of minimizing time spent, but that minimization does not actually address or heal the wounds. There is nothing wrong with doing what you need to, to heal that wound.

How do you know they are bitter and jaded in their life though? If they are at home, or where ever, not with a girl but doing what ever it is that makes them happy then how is that in any form a bad thing? Why must we have people that we love, in your words, aka a wife/girlfriend around us in order to enjoy life? Are you incapable of enjoying life with out a woman? Are men truly that weak minded?

\

I think you are missing the point. I'd wager a larger portion of MGTOW are guys who are in their 30s/40s and already gone through marriage and divorce. They MGTOW in their 20s will more likely be the other type (weird outcast virgins).

This makes me think of the Marc Maron special on Comedy Central, he is talking about he doesn't understand the point of relationships

The point of a relationship is that you care about somebody, it's not complicated, and I don't know why Marc wouldn't realize that

You have to care about people, to want to be in a relationship with them

If you don't care about people, then don't worry about it, and go on and live your life

But I think a lot of people in this thread really do care, but all of this is a way for them to sweep it under a rug, and try to hide it

I will say this, getting old sucks, and from what I've seen, getting old alone sucks really bad... at a certain point conversing with strangers on forums loses it's appeal and you will wish you had more
To those of us fucked over by women, why would I want to deal with that shit again? What possible benefit is it to have to deal with a god damn shrieking harpy again? A bitch that can, at a whim, take half your shit?

. That's why I keep calling this tough love: I'm trying to push, shove, and drag you guys back into the real world so that you can start going after the things that actually matter. If you don't want to get married, fine. But closing off a portion of your life just because you're scared isn't a healthy way to live.

Why do you think we need women in our lives, in order to "start going after the things that actually matter." Is it not possible to do those things with out a woman?

Why must women be a portion of our lives though? What do they possibly offer besides the ability to take half our shit? If it were not for sex they would literally have nothing I want.

You do know this is more then just being dumped right? Have you been on the MGTOW forum and read some of the backstories there? A lot of those guys were more then dumped, they got absolutely shredded and mind fucked. You keep downplaying this but as I have said, most of the guys in mgtow need therapy, not a girlfriend. They need to see someone, but they cant, because people with misguided attitudes towards manliness wont let them. Deriding the seeking of help as weak.

You keep talking of minimizing time spent, but that minimization does not actually address or heal the wounds. There is nothing wrong with doing what you need to, to heal that wound.

How do you know they are bitter and jaded in their life though? If they are at home, or where ever, not with a girl but doing what ever it is that makes them happy then how is that in any form a bad thing? Why must we have people that we love, in your words, aka a wife/girlfriend around us in order to enjoy life? Are you incapable of enjoying life with out a woman? Are men truly that weak minded?
You have never enjoyed the camaraderie and companionship of a woman? She's always just been a fuck doll to you? If so, it sounds like you were broken long before the MGTOW stuff started.

If you need a therapist, it's not like I'm standing between you and a clinic, blocking the doorway. But I am telling you from firsthand experience that the best thing to do is not waste another second crying about spilled milk. Go restart your life, man. And for those that weren't "shredded," because I don't believe that these guys 100% have legitimate gripes, then they need to stop being crybabies.

I want you to think of a small child for a second. That child falls. If you run up to the child, asking it what is wrong, the child will start crying. If you walk up, tell the child that they are alright, smile, and send them off back to play, they don't cry. And yet the fall is the same.

They aren't at home because they want to be there. They are at home because they've sworn off a part of their lives. It's the choice to not do what they want to be doing because they are too afraid to do it. So they are filling their time with other things as a means of covering that dead space. Like I was saying, if they were out there pursuing their dreams from the start, forgoing a family because they wanted something else more, that's a legitimate choice. But this pack of wounded souls isn't doing that. They are running from their problems, and that's not a good example for others to be following.

Back