Mia St. John admits PED use during her career

dim_

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Former boxer Mia St. John admits using PEDs in wake of Alvarez-Golovkin controversy
http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-mia-st-john-20180811-story.html

St. John tweeted, “Whatever. Everyone does it & everyone in boxing knows it,” then admitted Saturday she used performance-enhancing substances during her own career.

St. John, who was 49-14-2 during a career that stretched from 1997 until 2016, told the Los Angeles Times in an extended telephone conversation Saturday that she used steroids including Winstrol, Deca Durabolin and Anavar, along with banned masking agents and weight-loss substances to prepare for an estimated 20 fights.

full text for non americans (as LA times is blocked in Europe) > https://cloud.allsync.com/s/CzaWm5MoF36sK8D

well, no, fuck you. just because you did it, it doesn't mean everyone does it.

it's the cheapest excuse out there, and anyone who eats it up can kindly fuck off.

it's the cheapest excuse out there, and anyone who eats it up can kindly fuck off.
You're naive to believe that vast majority of elite boxers aren't using something.

You're naive to believe that vast majority of elite boxers aren't using something.

They are all using something. I honestly don’t know what the big deal is, just let everyone use them.

So why exactly would she come forward and admit to ped use if it was only her? what would she have to gain?

Boxing is as riddled in PED's as any other sport is. Theres huge money on the line, of course they all dope.

But yes, I fully expect that for some fans the response will be "You cheated bitch, doesnt mean every else is, my [insert sport here] is clean dont you know..."

download-1.jpg

Vitor was a friggin killer juiced, off it... not so much. Probably the best benchmark showing the difference. If your opponents were poppin, you'd have to too methinks.

So why exactly would she come forward and admit to ped use if it was only her? what would she have to gain?

Boxing is as riddled in PED's as any other sport is. Theres huge money on the line, of course they all dope.

But yes, I fully expect that for some fans the response will be "You cheated bitch, doesnt mean every else is, my [insert sport here] is clean dont you know..."

download-1.jpg

it's an idiotic excuse for cheaters to somehow justify their cheating to themselves. "i'm not bad, because everyone else is doing it too." well they aren't. and you're not leveling the field, you're using an unfair advantage.

fans shrugging it away with the same excuse is what perpetuates this shit. there should be outrage over people trying to cheat, and anyone who tests positive should face real consequences, not a 6 month suspension and a slap on the wrist. the suspensions for first offense should be 2 year minimum, and life time bans for second offense. there should, also, be a backlash from the fans.

but no, it's far better to defend your favorite fighter testing positive because "what about him??? he did it too!!!" like we're fucking 13 year olds.

Props to her for admitting. I am guessing about 70% of elite boxers use at some point.

it's an idiotic excuse for cheaters to somehow justify their cheating to themselves. "i'm not bad, because everyone else is doing it too." well they aren't. and you're not leveling the field, you're using an unfair advantage.

fans shrugging it away with the same excuse is what perpetuates this shit. there should be outrage over people trying to cheat, and anyone who tests positive should face real consequences, not a 6 month suspension and a slap on the wrist. the suspensions for first offense should be 2 year minimum, and life time bans for second offense. there should, also, be a backlash from the fans.

but no, it's far better to defend your favorite fighter testing positive because "what about him??? he did it too!!!" like we're fucking 13 year olds.
Doesn't it make you wonder why the punishments are so lenient?

If she was on the juice, I would have thought she'd bea better fighter.

That’s the reality of of high level sports. The greatest athletes will use whatever they can for an advantage

You’re apparently incredibly naive to this.
Very few fighters would be for such career ending penalties of a drug
Test.
But you are. And you’re very mad about it.

i think 85-95% of girls are on PEDs. Most of them are weak, slow etc. and nobody would watch their fights.

Most of them would have lost even against 13 year old - 16 year old kids.

They have to take all the PEDs in the world because nobody cares about women's sports.

Anyway ... i dont give a shit what an h level fighter thinks.

If we generalize something, then USDA (according to cro cop) is the biggest shit ever.

It should be legal for everyone - end of.

Back