Michael Bisping: Whittaker is claiming to be a champion, he's not really. GSP retired and I'm out...

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
His buddy earlier was asking if Bisping was satisfied because whoever wins that fight is "by the purest definition of it, a paper champion" because they never beat GSP or him.

Bisping is reallty something... He said it was good for him that GSP vacated the belt because it means he was the only person to lose to him and nobody else is going to beat him at MW so it doesn't make him look as bad.

He also bashes Woodley for sitting on the sidelines and claiming he needs surgery, not defending the belt and playing a game. His buddy calls him out though for doing the exact same thing by claiming he was injured so he didn't have to defend the belt against Jacare or Romero when they were available to fight him at Toronto.
"Whittaker was the interim champion, he wasn't the real champion. That interim belt was created because Dana called me and I wasn't ready to fight yet and he said do you mind if we do an interim belt? I said do whatever you want to do. It makes no odds to me, it just means whoever wins that is the #1 contender. He's claiming to be a champion, he's not really. So there you go. You've got the #1 contender vs Luke Rockhold and whoever wins that I guess they are the undisputed champion. GSP is retired now and I'm out of the picture. Let them two fight for it and whoever wins, they become the champion and good for them."

Last edited:
Yikes. The belt was vacated for a reason. It's because ducks owned it since Bisping vs Rockhold

While GSP vs Whittaker would have been sweet, Bisping's just trying to make noise here.

Whittaker's the man and given he holds wins over the majority of the top MWs, his status as champ is legit.

Yeah but still Gastelum beat him up afterwords if hes implying hes still linear champ because GSP forfeited his belt

Sorry Mike but Whittaker beat GSP when GSP vacated the belt rather than defend it against him.

Maybe he'd have a point if GSP was stripped instead of willingly giving it up.

Lol I for one thought GSP was the champ because I believe in this linear shit, but once GSP retired Whittaker became the real champ.

Who has been fighting top MW contenders?

Bisping talking outta his O-Ring here.

Yeah but still Gastelum beat him up afterwords if hes implying hes still linear champ because GSP forfeited his belt

I mean let's be honest... He would have lost the belt a long time ago if he didn't pick 50 year old Hendo as his first title defense then sit on shelf for a year to wait for GSP.

Stop talk Mike, the glorious moment you starched Rockhold was a long time ago and people have short memories

Bisping just got beat by 2 welterweights. Back to back.

Sit down and shut up.

Lol

I like you bisping but you got to keep quiet here

Linear champ means nothing when the whole division is fighting each other except for the champion. That interim belt is rightfully the real belt.

Let's be honest here. GSP wanted no part of the decade younger, just entering his prime Bobby Knuckles. Bisping didn't either and he sure as hell didn't want anything to do with Romero either. Thankfully, the division can get back on track now

Oh great Bisping trying to talk himself into another title shot. I bet it works with the way the UFC is run now.

Whittaker was the guy fighting and defeating the top contenders. He's the only champion of that division, and has been since he beat Romero.

imagine gsp or biscuck against jacare and romero

it'd be a straight up massacre.

neither bisping or gsp touches the top 5 at mw

Just go ahead and call out Mayweather like all the other Conor wannabes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back