Michael Bisping: Whittaker is claiming to be a champion, he's not really. GSP retired and I'm out...

His buddy earlier was asking if Bisping was satisfied because whoever wins that fight is "by the purest definition of it, a paper champion" because they never beat GSP or him.

I called it. I knew people would be saying this shit.

lol the ex paper champ at it again.
the guy lost to 2 WW in a row and still talks, I think they messed up his brain

giphy.gif
All I want for Christmas is Bisping vs Romero.

Last edited:
Sorry Mike but Whittaker beat GSP when GSP vacated the belt rather than defend it against him.

Uhh what? That's not the way MMA works. Whitaker is the legit champ but he didn't beat GSP. GSP has fucked up the lineage for WW and MW now.

Yikes. The belt was vacated for a reason. It's because ducks owned it since Bisping vs Rockhold

Agreed. Whitaker is the real champ because he wasn't ducking the toughest fights. He beat the best guys. Bisping is more of a paper champ IMO because he just had a string of luck then sat on the belt only to get dethroned by a WW.....twice.

Let's be honest here. GSP wanted no part of the decade younger, just entering his prime Bobby Knuckles. Bisping didn't either and he sure as hell didn't want anything to do with Romero either. Thankfully, the division can get back on track now
If you're being honest then you have to admit there's no evidence for this assertion. I don't think GSP would have hesitated at all if it weren't for the issues he had during his camp followed by the UC diagnosis.

On topic, @UL has the right of it methinks.

Was Bisping the #1 ranked mw when he fought GSP? Was GSP #1 after his win?

Hey Bisping, shut up and fight Romero ya puss.

And Bisping is still relevant because...?

If he really had a point, then the fight to make would be Whittaker vs Gastelum, NOT Bisping. However, since he has no point at all, this is all noise and blabbering coming from him.
Sure. Gastelum would be just as good. Maybe even better. It would be the clash of the WWs!

I mean let's be honest... He would have lost the belt a long time ago if he didn't pick 50 year old Hendo as his first title defense then sit on shelf for a year to wait for GSP.

46 then but yes Hendo was old as fuck and been through so much

Yikes. The belt was vacated for a reason. It's because ducks owned it since Bisping vs Rockhold

I'm ok with GSP vacating. It could be worse, he could hold the belt like Conor and refuse to defend and make 100 excuses but he was honest and said "I dont feel comfortable at 185". GSP did what he came to do

Bisping is out of his fucking mind. The guy has lost to two WW's back to back in devastating fashion, there is no way he can claim to be the champion with GSP out of the picture

I can see it. Bisping vs Conor for the real MW lineal belt :D

lol the ex paper champ at it again.
the guy lost to 2 WW in a row and still talks, I think they messed up his brain

nope. he's staying relevant and therefore making money. his brain (and his plan) is working perfectly.

as a fighter he was never more than a very strong journeyman. maybe slightly better than other journeymen who got a title (like Serra & Forrest), and his longevity was incredible, but a journeyman nonetheless. with two big wins in 2016, his lifetime stats against highly ranked fighters is 1-6 (or 2-6 if you count 2016 A Silva a ranked fighter, which sherdog and most other lists didn't, source).

but he is now primed to make lots of money with his mouth. and we have to admit, he's pretty damn good in that department.

Last edited:
MW held its lineal belt the longest as I remeber it without loss.

It no longer has that in that division.

Hate on bisping all you want but he did legit earn the lineal MW belt.

WW lost its years back when BJ left with it, then it was earned back by George , then George left with it again

LHW has had some issues with lineal belts in the past too.

MW lineal belt is now also held by George.

Only thing left for george to do in MMA is shoplift the punanny one more time by beating jones in a comback fight and dissapearjng into the sunset forever. Riding off with three lineal belts.

He said he wanted to do something never done before. Maybe he meant hijack lineal belts.

Which begs the question, has anyone else ever held two LINEAL belts before?

Bisping should show Knuckles what a real man is then. Go on, fight Whittaker, show him what it means to be a champion. I'm sure Whittaker will accept the challenge.

Neither u nor Grease had any intention of fighting Whittaker FOH

Which begs the question, has anyone else ever held two LINEAL belts before?

"LINEAL" belts is one of those mythical creatures, like "P4P GOAT" and "Leprechauns". so the definition is, of course, subjective and disputed. was Couture's HW belt "linear" two title fights after Bas voluntarily left the UFC HW division? what about two title fights after Mir got stripped? are any LHW belts "linear" after F Shamrock voluntarily left the UFC LHW division, or does GSP actually hold three "linear" belts (F Shamrock --> Renzo --> Hughes --> BJ --> Diaz --> Condit --> GSP)?

it all depends on how far along the stupid spectrum you want to take this mythical creature we like to call "lineal champion".

cheers.

Back