Michael Chandler's Bellator contract set to expire imminently

I'm pretty sure he will stay with Bellator

If Chandler goes that's a huge blow to Bellators 155 division. Chandler was also on Rogan pretty recently, maybe it was a sign.

Unfortunately i don't think chandler does that well now... I've always thought he'd have fucked up bendo, pettis, cerrone and the fighters of that era if he had crossed over at that time, would've had a ton of title defenses under his belt. Maynard and Edgar would have been very intriguing fights too

Oh boy
I do not really know
Maybe he still has something in the tank for the top, but right now i see him as a entertaining top 15 in the UFC, but i would gladly watch him with the best of the UFC

Hope he goes to the UFC tbh, interested in seeing what his ceiling is.

I feel like his best days as a fighter are behind him but there are some exciting ufc matchups to watch for him.

He'll stay with Bellator but he'd be a fool to sign with Bellator before becoming a free agent and seeing what UFC offers. You get that close to testing the market you should see whats out there. If UFC doesnt come with a good deal you go back to Bellator.

Its all about money but man I dont see whats there for him at LW in Bellator, nobody needs another Pitbull fight and if he beat Primus and became the champ there aint shit for him. He'd have to move to WW and I think he'd be small up there.

But he's one of faces of Bellator and he's not the champ so I can see Bellator offering him a really good deal and UFC not going as high.

If he signed with UFC he comes right in vs Ferg or Lee and instantly is a title contender.

Unfortunately i don't think chandler does that well now... I've always thought he'd have fucked up bendo, pettis, cerrone and the fighters of that era if he had crossed over at that time, would've had a ton of title defenses under his belt. Maynard and Edgar would have been very intriguing fights too
I think he'll do fine. He's arguably got two wins over Eddie and I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat most the top 10, especially since El Cucuy's career may be done.

It's pretty much his last chance if he wants to go too the UFC.

Personally, if they offer him a solid contract I'd like to see him in the UFC over Bellator. He seems to have more or less ran his course in Bellator. UFC he'd have a ton of potential interesting fights.

I hope he stays with Bellator, I don't think UFC will be ideal place to be (just ask Mousasi and MacDonald).

PFL and KSW looks good too, but former Bellator fighters are not welcome back to go back to Bellator once you leave (Brooks).

Used to seeing chandler in bellator so i dont mind him staying there, but i would also like to see how he matches up in the ufc.

that said, money is key and um sure he is making more in bellator than what he would make in the ufc. crazy to say this, but it's true.

Chandler has some very solid sponsorships right now. who knows if they will stick around if he decides to jump ship. would the ufc really be willing to cover the money chandler may potentially lose due to the reebok deal? i don't think so. we will see what happens.

Makes sense in terms of fighting for Chandler to make move to UFC now, he has literally fought every LW on the roster with no real up and coming challengers and Pimus only interesting fight. Financially doesn’t make sense since Bellator will overpay to keep him and he has sponsors

I dont think he would go very far in the UFC. More technical fighters would starch him. His defense basically consists on stopping punchis with his face.

Buuuut.... Gaethje vs Chandler would be a dream matchup.

Bendo was on a major downhlll slide and he still went the distance with Chandler. I have prime Bendo beating him 7/8 out of 10 times (by decision, of course). There also would've been Alvarez, RDA, Khabib, Conor, TFerg, Lee and briefly Will Brooks (2-0 vs. Chandler) in the UFC. It's possible he could win the title with the right opponents, injuries and circumstances (like Alvarez did), but I definitely don't see him defending his title multiple times. That's just plain dumb. There are too many good fighters with diverse skill sets. No one has dominated LW since BJ.

I hope he goes to the UFC now. There's nothing left for him in Bellator. His last 2 opponents were a joke.

If Chandler jumps ship..Chandler/Gaethje, Chandler/Barboza, and Chandler/Lee. Please. For the love of the JBG.

Bendo was on a major downhlll slide and he still went the distance with Chandler. I have prime Bendo beating him 7/8 out of 10 times (by decision, of course). There also would've been Alvarez, RDA, Khabib, Conor, TFerg, Lee and briefly Will Brooks (2-0 vs. Chandler) in the UFC. It's possible he could win the title with the right opponents, injuries and circumstances (like Alvarez did), but I definitely don't see him defending his title multiple times. That's just plain dumb. There are too many good fighters with diverse skill sets. No one has dominated LW since BJ.

I hope he goes to the UFC now. There's nothing left for him in Bellator. His last 2 opponents were a joke.
just plain dumb? so, khabib, conor, tony ferguson, lee were all title contenders during bendo and pettis's title runs?

He should do a short contract with UFC so he can face some different opponents then come back to Bellator if he wants.

just plain dumb? so, khabib, conor, tony ferguson, lee were all title contenders during bendo and pettis's title runs?

Yep, they were all in the UFC by 2014. TFerg started in the UFC in 2011 and Khabib in 2012. And Chandler had a 3-loss streak in 2013-14 in Bellator. There's no way he'd get an instant title shot if he came to the UFC. He'd have prove himself, which means he'd almost certainly fight some of the guys I mentioned.

Back