Michael Chiesa moving up to Welterweight.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

mikemav22Humbled & Hungry

In the last few years, I’ve felt my skills as a fighter drastically improve, especially through 2018 but I’ve yet to reflect that. There’s a couple changes that need to be made, one being something new and the other is returning to something from the past. Obviously the new is it’s time for me to test the waters at welterweight. All of my family, many of my teammates and almost all my coaches have been trying to talk me into going up a weight class. I spend the better half of my camps stressed about weight, feeling like a shadow of myself in training and just being miserable doing the thing I love most in the world. I pushed my body very hard this last cut, one of the scariest experiences of my life and I still failed. I don’t want experience that ever again.

The thing from my past I must return to is just being myself. I’m not fit to talk trash, hype fights, banter people and be apart of that trend we see in this sport. It’s not who I am but I let myself fall into what’s now the norm in MMA. I’m back to being the person I once was when I won The Ultimate Fighter, when I was stringing together wins in the UFC, shit even just being who I was before I got where I am now. Back to my humble, grounded, hard nosed, blue collar ways to where I was grinding out wins and just grinding for everything I have because that’s who I really am, that’s what type of man my dad raised me to be and I will never let myself get away from being who I truly am ever again.

#visionquest #avanti

Good. Dude looked horrible on the scale against Pettis and still missed weight. Don’t see him being too successful up there though.

VyS0vfKw.0.jpeg

Good on Mike for being honest about his whole trash talking phase.

People will still give him shit for being honest.

I don't know why but I serioulsy overrated this guy in the past. Won't make that mistake again.

I'm looking forward to a whole slew of excuses at his new weight.

And may misfortune drip off his ghastly, oversized tapeworm mullet in that weight class, too.

Would prefer he got pink slip and moved to UPS.

mikemav22Humbled & Hungry

In the last few years, I’ve felt my skills as a fighter drastically improve, especially through 2018 but I’ve yet to reflect that. There’s a couple changes that need to be made, one being something new and the other is returning to something from the past. Obviously the new is it’s time for me to test the waters at welterweight. All of my family, many of my teammates and almost all my coaches have been trying to talk me into going up a weight class. I spend the better half of my camps stressed about weight, feeling like a shadow of myself in training and just being miserable doing the thing I love most in the world. I pushed my body very hard this last cut, one of the scariest experiences of my life and I still failed. I don’t want experience that ever again.

The thing from my past I must return to is just being myself. I’m not fit to talk trash, hype fights, banter people and be apart of that trend we see in this sport. It’s not who I am but I let myself fall into what’s now the norm in MMA. I’m back to being the person I once was when I won The Ultimate Fighter, when I was stringing together wins in the UFC, shit even just being who I was before I got where I am now. Back to my humble, grounded, hard nosed, blue collar ways to where I was grinding out wins and just grinding for everything I have because that’s who I really am, that’s what type of man my dad raised me to be and I will never let myself get away from being who I truly am ever again.

#visionquest #avanti

About f*cking time. Hopefully more follow his lead.

An average at best LW moving up to WW... hmm... he better hope that he was compromised because of the brutal weight cut because if not I see him getting thrashed by ranked welterweights. Most WW’s have good stand up while Mike is not good at all on the feet. I see Chiesa getting KO’ed by a lot of guys up there, and honestly I doubt he will be super successful on the ground either. Not sure where his hype came from... seems like a journeyman to me

Up to WW ?
Great. I can't get enough of this guy getting smashed.

I've never been a fan of Chiesa's...but DAMN! The hate on him is unreal on this thread. Ya'll are a bunch of hatin' ass mf'ers. Haha

I will with hold any judgement till his first fight at ww..he always seemed to tall and skinny for LW..so maybe he fills out better at 170 and performs..who knows...let see

Lol can’t stand this monkey

Back