Michael Chiesa's appeal to the Oklahoma SAC has officially been denied

I like Chiesa, he is a warrior and he beat some good fighter like Trinaldo, Miller, Darioush,but shame to people supporting Chiesa on this. Chiesa was about to go unconscious, he had no way out from that choke.

The fight is suppose to stop when a fighter is not intelligently defending himself/herself. In this case he was either out and came back quickly or was taught the dumbest defense to a rear naked choke I have ever seen.

No jiu-jitsu instructor would ever tell you to go limp and not hand fight so you hopefully don't go out...stupid appeal, glad his lost stuck.

There's an easy fix to this situation, run that shit back and let Chiesa get the proper beatdown he's owed lol.

3rd rear naked choke win in a row for Kevin Lee.

The only thing that could have saved him was the bell, and I don't think that was going to happen.

usa_today_10131689.0.jpg

the choke was nasty and the bell wouldn't have save him
giphy.gif

What a ridiculous appeal.

Salty ass Chiesa went out cold and came back to right away then cries about it.

Breaking out!? C'mon now...
He wasn't even moving, let alone trying to break out.
His hands were hanging limp, like the flippers of a dead seal.

The only thing that could have saved him was the bell, and I don't think that was going to happen.

usa_today_10131689.0.jpg

Unfortunate stoppage, but LOL @ the people who were claiming that the choke wasn't locked in that night.

Did ANYONE think this was gunna be overturned lol

I still don't get the argument for this being ok

These are the facts of it:
Was he going to tap/get choked out? Prob like a 90% chance.
Did a fighter survive a similarly tight choke literally the fight before this? Yes.
Can a ref stop a fight via submission without a tap or a clear determination that the fighter is out? No.
Has a UFC fight result been overturned due to a referee error in believing a fighter was out when he was not? Yes, and recently (Drew Dober vs Leandro Silva, 2015)

We see early TKO stoppages all the time. But that's different. There are clear guidelines when it comes to submissions. I don't know what some of you think "going limp" looks like, but it's not that. And if the ref thinks it's a possibility that he went limp, he should check, which he obviously didn't. Even if there's a 99% chance the fight is about to be over, it would be a horrible precedent to set to say refs can stop fights like that. We've seen fighters get out of tight spots numerous times.

But but he whined and complained a lot. Did they take that into account?

Athletic commissions are all dirty anyways, Chiesa, just like Justine Kish, had a good chance of breaking out of that choke. Fucking Mario needs to be banned forever. And the UFC should never hold another event in Oklahoma unless they change some rules. It's not like Kevin Lee is some submission wizard like Maia, so his choke probably wasn't very tight.

Lol at Herrig's choke being compared to Lee's...she had very loose hooks in which is how Kish escaped. Lee had a tight body triangle locked...Lee had a better grip than Herrig, Chiesa couldn't even reach the hands because they were behind his head, and Kevin lee has a tighter squeeze than Felice Herrig....

Athletic commissions are all dirty anyways, Chiesa, just like Justine Kish, had a good chance of breaking out of that choke. Fucking Mario needs to be banned forever. And the UFC should never hold another event in Oklahoma unless they change some rules. It's not like Kevin Lee is some submission wizard like Maia, so his choke probably wasn't very tight.

jimmies-rustle-softly.jpg

On the one hand, I'm glad that Lee is credited with the win - that choke was in tight, and it was just a matter of time. On the other hand, I'm not happy that tge Athletic Commission is giving Yamasaki a free pass - I'm not saying he should be fined/suspended, but they could at least acknowledge that there was an early stoppage.

Yeah, punish a guy for putting a fighter's safety first. That'll teach the refs.

Chiesa should have tried Justine Kish's patented defense of shitting himself. This would have created a moment of confusion which he could have used to escape the choke

not to beat a dead horse but Chiesa went limp for a second; choke was released, blood went back to his brain and he woke up. He was out.
Every time I've been put to sleep, or even was very close to being put sleep, I had no idea where I was for at least a few seconds. No way anyone that just went out jumps right up and knows what's going on.

Wait.. Kish? What happened with her? I never watched her fight Herrig as I simply don't care about either of them. But what did Yamasaki do wrong in that fight?

Back