Michael Page seems really talented but...

if he cant wrestle he'll lose to a lot of people

his footwork style and kicks is like wonderboy.

his punching style is like Till.

and his flying knee will make wrestlers think twice about shooting.
His footwork, the most interesting aspect of his game imo, has got much more fluidity than WB´s...

you could consult one of the 5 billion other threads about this exact thing to find out for sure.

I honestly believe he would be champ. I just hope they can make the Rory fight next.

He's mostly crushing cans, Rickels and Rainey are nice wins, but Rickels is a 55er as well. Funny how Nah Shon Burrell frustrated the fuck out of him, he looked really bad in that fight and the one against the Mexican guy.

They need to make MVP vs Daley or MVP vs Fitch next though

He would get wrestlefucked, he is too old to improve his wrestling to beat the best UFC wrestlers. I prefer him staying in Bellator and fighting middle of the pack guys so that he can bring us these crazy performances. If he keeps them up, then we will actually might start talking about a titleshot.

Bellator has been feeding him can after can after can. His "big test" was an old mid-ranged journeyman in Cyborg, then they gave him a 155er who was tailor made for him to beat.

I think he really is good but that style is high risk high reward, he's gonna look like a god or a a fool every fight. The big question is can he keep up that confident style once he gets caught and loses and work to improve from there. If he can, then I can see truly great things from him.

Either way if I was him I'd get to the UFC asap.
Dave rickels is 13-5-2 in the 2nd biggest organization in mma. Hes also 6ft tall and big.. hes a natural 170er who cut over 30 pounds to make 156. Also Fernando is better than cyborg with a 7-2 bellator record and some big wins. Just because they dont have ufc before their name, doesnt mean these two arnt "ufc" caliber.

Dave rickels is 13-5-2 in the 2nd biggest organization in mma. Hes also 6ft tall and big.. hes a natural 170er who cut over 30 pounds to make 156. Also Fernando is better than cyborg with a 7-2 bellator record and some big wins. Just because they dont have ufc before their name, doesnt mean these two arnt "ufc" caliber.

Now that you showed that you can read the statistics from sites, let me educate you in MMA:

Rickels is a failure as WW. Despite needing to cut to LW, he had much much more success there.
Page matchup was pointless and a huge mismatch.

Gonzales, despite making this record over names way past their not just prime, but pension time, was maybe top 40 when Page fought him.
He was his best "win"...in fact, this fight showed, that they're on the same level and nothing more.

He IS a can/mismatch crusher, and Bellator feeds him. After Gonzales the only relevant matchups for him should've been: Daley, Larkin, Fitch, Koreshkov - but they'll never do it, because they care about sports part of MMA MUCH LESS than UFC does.

He would get wrestlefucked, he is too old to improve his wrestling to beat the best UFC wrestlers. I prefer him staying in Bellator and fighting middle of the pack guys so that he can bring us these crazy performances. If he keeps them up, then we will actually might start talking about a titleshot.

I agreed everyone knows he would get outgrappled by a serious wrestler, but who the hell wants to see that just out of some gesture towards legitimacy. There are some guys you just tune in to see do something brilliant and he is one of them. There is really nothing to gain from him outgrinding a wrestler. If he could do that and still have that striking ability he could leave and earn more money against better guys in the UFC. I personally feel satisfied now in having him as a marquee fighter seeing him up against mostly strikers. There is still a chance to increase the quality of opposition in that manner as well

I agreed everyone knows he would get outgrappled by a serious wrestler, but who the hell wants to see that just out of some gesture towards legitimacy. There are some guys you just tune in to see do something brilliant and he is one of them. There is really nothing to gain from him outgrinding a wrestler. If he could do that and still have that striking ability he could leave and earn more money against better guys in the UFC. I personally feel satisfied now in having him as a marquee fighter seeing him up against mostly strikers. There is still a chance to increase the quality of opposition in that manner as well

This is MMA. Remember?

If striking is his only way to get exciting fights, let him fight on their kickboxing events and that's it.

No need to pretend he's an MMA fighter

This is MMA. Remember?

If striking is his only way to get exciting fights, let him fight on their kickboxing events and that's it.

No need to pretend he's an MMA fighter

True, but guys that fight him have the option to try to take him down but that doesn't mean the promoter has any obligation to give him a fight against a really strong wrestler. If you have a jiu-jitsu ace, give him guys that he can exhibit those skills against, if you have a brawler give him a guy that will trade, if you have an exquisite striker keep him away from strong wrestlers. Bellator under Coker have been fairly open about being an entertainment program/marquee event show rather than a league for the most elite talent, as they can't compete with the UFC in that regard, so I don't think anyone can be that surprised

True, but guys that fight him have the option to try to take him down but that doesn't mean the promoter has any obligation to give him a fight against a really strong wrestler. If you have a jiu-jitsu ace, give him guys that he can exhibit those skills against, if you have a brawler give him a guy that will trade, if you have an exquisite striker keep him away from strong wrestlers. Bellator under Coker have been fairly open about being an entertainment program/marquee event show rather than a league for the most elite talent, as they can't compete with the UFC in that regard, so I don't think anyone can be that surprised

What you describe is a very simplified matchmaking , and you consider everyone one trick ponies.
Well, news flash - they're one trick ponies only on a very low level. If Page needs this kind of a matchmaking, then he's indeed far from being a complete martial artist.

What you describe is a very simplified matchmaking , and you consider everyone one trick ponies.
Well, news flash - they're one trick ponies only on a very low level. If Page needs this kind of a matchmaking, then he's indeed far from being a complete martial artist.

He's getting paid whether you think he is or not, I doubt he cares an awful lot

Thank you for admitting that I'm right and proved you wrong.

I don't really care what you think about him, not should you care what I think about him. I like seeing him fight, no matter who he is up against. Whether he wants to look flashy against jobbers or grind against the best is up to him. It is his career. I am saying that I don't really care that much because I'll tune in anyway. He is fun to watch. That's enough for me.

I don't really care what you think about him, not should you care what I think about him. I like seeing him fight, no matter who he is up against. Whether he wants to look flashy against jobbers or grind against the best is up to him. It is his career. I am saying that I don't really care that much because I'll tune in anyway. He is fun to watch. That's enough for me.

And again you admit that I'm right and you're wrong, this time even with more words.

And again you admit that I'm right and you're wrong, this time even with more words.

I am not his mum, insult away. You seem to think I am in some kind of competition with you or something which is a very weird assumption

I am not his mum, insult away. You seem to think I am in some kind of competition with you or something which is a very weird assumption

You actually DO sound like his mom.
Why?
Because we were talking about bad matchmaking for Page, and you suddenly went all passive aggressive with "He doesn't care anyway".
That was pathetic.

You actually DO sound like his mom.
Why?
Because we were talking about bad matchmaking for Page, and you suddenly went all passive aggressive with "He doesn't care anyway".
That was pathetic.

I just said he seems quite content doing what he's doing and he doesn't really owe anyone more than that. I very much doubt you are personally putting any money in his pocket at all and so you really have no right to demand anything

I just said he seems quite content doing what he's doing and he doesn't really owe anyone more than that. I very much doubt you are personally putting any money in his pocket at all and so you really have no right to demand anything

It's not demanding , it's criticizing.

My critique might be rude, but it's also intelligent

Back