Michael Venom Page Conspiracy Theory (UFC related)

Well I think his best bet is to come to the UFC with an undefeated record while the hype and desire to see him tested is still there. If he takes a legit fight in Bellator and loses to Lima, Koreshkov, Macdonald or Larkin his leverage goes way down in terms of negotiating with the UFC especially if it's his last fight on his Bellator contract. Everyone knows he hasn't faced any top contenders in Bellator, I'm sure Dana White knows this too. If he fights a top contender and loses, his offers from the UFC will not be as big as if he's undefeated with that hype train alive and running. Come on a win over Dave Rickles means nothing, the guy was an unranked lightweight in Bellator that moved up to welterweight.

I'd love to see him fight Lima in his next fight as I think he's more likely to stand with him compared to Rory or Koreshkov, but I think he will end up fighting another can or at best a match up with Paul Daley.

Imagine how MVP vs John Fitch would go? LOL

wtf? an intelligent sherbro... dont see too many of those.

GrimActiveGreatwhiteshark-size_restricted.gif

Exactly. MVP is conning Smellator, and Scott Coker is cool with it because of the half-assed publicity they are getting for it. But in the end everybody loses. Imagine if MVP fought Abraham Johnson? Or a grey vs. white fight like MVP vs. GSP at 170. MVP would lose, and his stock would go down, but would it really?

That's the thing, it's how far can the hype train go? MVP will take it straight to the UFC if he can. It's why mark my words, we aren't getting MVP vs. Daley. Because MVP doesn't want to his agenda to be compromised.

are you implying daley beats MVP?

Daley is the one ducking MVP. Thats pretty clear as day. Its an easy fight stylistically for MVP imo. He'd counter KO him. You cant explode in on MVP.

why would bellator have him fight rory when there are hundards of cans to keep him fighting instead.

he so overrated.

did u even read anything?

if he fights one more can, hes fought his contract out... and he goes to the UFC.
if he fights the champion and wins... Bellator has a marketable superstar under contract.

Lmfao this is ridiculous. MVP wants NOTHING to do with the UFC. The reason why he doesn’t want a title shot in Bellator is because he only wants to face guys that he can beat easily. He’s more than happy to stay in Bellator and he’s said it more than a few times. He knows Bellator will milk him and allow him to face cans. The UFC will throw him to the wolves and he doesn’t want that.

You could be right. I like how you gave an explanation to your reasoning. Most people are idiots and dont even do that.

The situation is either what I said, or what you're saying here.... im saying its a 90/10 probability for my theory/your theory.

For all of your subtleties, you still failed to make a solid counter argument. The reason for that is there isn't one.

Failed to make a counter point? I dismantled your whole post.

Do you honestly think that you're the first person who knows deep down that the double standard is there, but tries to justify it with the weak argument that "GSP gets lots of hate on here too!"

Nice projection.

Many of GSP's biggest fans are the same ones who have the nerve to call Usman boring. Those people by the way, are the same people who praised Stipe's "gameplan" for LITERALLY LAYING ON TOP OF NGANNOU for minutes at a time in their championship fight.

Really? The same people? So you have compiled a list of these users and have tracked their posts to say with confidence that they're the same people? I'm interested in seeing your research. The burden of proof is certainly on you when making a claim like that.

Who gets more hate on here for fighting a boring, safe, wrestle based point fighting style? GSP, the guy who won the sherdog GOAT poll not too long ago, or Usman, who is almost universally denigrated ?

GSP without question because up until very recently Usman has been quite under the radar and doesn't generate discussion. Now even with Usman's increased relevancy it's still close because GSP is literally a legend of the sport and is talked about daily. Regardless he is frequently and rightfully bashed. It's been his criticism for ever. He even talked about it in the Rogan podcast. It's not something that just entered public perception that his fights are boring. That's been the case for at least 6 years.

What is the purpose of bringing up the GOAT poll? You're comparing a journeyman on his way up the ladder vs a legend who's a few fights from retirement. Very flawed reasoning. A better comparison would be Covington who is also boring as fuck and is *surprise* white. When you ignore Colby's astro turfing crew of paid shills, he get's shit on hard here.

did u even read anything?

if he fights one more can, hes fought his contract out... and he goes to the UFC.
if he fights the champion and wins... Bellator has a marketable superstar under contract.

in the ufc he might be ranked 15th. why would he leave bellator when he can get paid great money to fight nobodys and not risk losing. rory, lima fitch, Koreshkov, Larkin, Storley all crushes mvp

For all of your subtleties, you still failed to make a solid counter argument. The reason for that is there isn't one. Do you honestly think that you're the first person who knows deep down that the double standard is there, but tries to justify it with the weak argument that "GSP gets lots of hate on here too!" Many of GSP's biggest fans are the same ones who have the nerve to call Usman boring. Those people by the way, are the same people who praised Stipe's "gameplan" for LITERALLY LAYING ON TOP OF NGANNOU for minutes at a time in their championship fight.

Who gets more hate on here for fighting a boring, safe, wrestle based point fighting style? GSP, the guy who won the sherdog GOAT poll not too long ago, or Usman, who is almost universally denigrated ?

I'm going to use that question as a litmus test, to see how honest you are willing to be with yourself.

I think most people arent racist nowadays.

I feel like Usman gets hate because he has the potential to be exiciting but is content to win by points. For example, when Maia was too tired to get another takedown, Usman could have let his hands go. Especially late in rounds when, even if you do get taken down by Maia you wouldn't get submitted in seconds.

The excuses Usman makes... its too much.

I think thats why he gets hate.

I think most people arent racist nowadays.

I feel like Usman gets hate because he has the potential to be exiciting but is content to win by points. For example, when Maia was too tired to get another takedown, Usman could have let his hands go. Especially late in rounds when, even if you do get taken down by Maia you wouldn't get submitted in seconds.

The excuses Usman makes... its too much.

I think thats why he gets hate.

Agreed about the excuses. And I'm not a fan of Usman myself. But I dont harbor a double standard like our friend Gaius and many others on here.......I hate GSP just as much. I have no love for a boring fighter who is content "winning" by outpointing on scorecards, regardless of skin color.

Some people like that style of fighting and its whatever. Just be consistent.

in the ufc he might be ranked 15th. why would he leave bellator when he can get paid great money to fight nobodys and not risk losing. rory, lima fitch, Koreshkov, Larkin, Storley all crushes mvp

you kind of contradicted your own point by saying the bolded. If he keeps winning he'll have to fight the bolded sooner or later.

Bellator's WW division is arguablly just as stacked as UFC's, and you can actually argue the top guys in bellator give him a bigger challenge then the top guys in the UFC. UFC has better matchups for MVP stylistically at the top level like Stephen THompson and Darren Till, Masvidal, Cerrone, guys that wont take him down. In the UFC he gets more exposure and more money and a wayyyyyyyyyyyyy higher ceiling if he makes it to the top.

I think Daley and him both have one fight left. Loser leaves town.

MVP said in an interview some time back he likes being with Bellator and keeping his sponsors etc. Wasnt interested in the UFC and its politics.

Also, if his post fight speech has any merit he basically called out anyone in Bellator

He's an alien.

Now here me out.

giphy.webp

This is all the proof I need. This might seem like a dance to the untrained human eye. But what it really is a form of communication. I can translate it for you... what he's really doing here is sending a message... to all the UFC WW fighters. Look at his movement, Sheep. Its clear as day that hes saying "Yall better run, Because MVP is coming".

Okay now jokes aside... onto on to the real conspiracy theory:
Bellator is trying to set up Rory vs MVP, but MVP is planning on going to the UFC.

FACT 1: MVP is the most entertaining, skilled, marketable fighters on the roster.
FACT 2: MVP is on an 8 fight winning streak ... This usually warrants a titleshot. Especially if you're as entertaining as MVP.
FACT 3: It's been revealed that Bellator doesnt want to set up a Mousasi vs Rory MacDonald Next. Even though every MMA fan would watch that.
FACT 4: MVP has ONE more fight left in his contract.
THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT: When you win the belt in Bellator there's a championship clause that says you're contractually not allowed to another MMA organizaton and that your contract gets extended automatically. We've seen it with Eddie Alvarez.

What is happening is Bellator wants to set up Rory vs MVP because they dont want to lose MVP after his next fight. MVP wants to be in the UFC. There's a reason he hasn't taken the title shot or even asked for a title shot. He wants his contract to expire so he can sign with the UFC. This is why they dont want to set up Rory vs Mousasi.

Fact 1/ MVP is not the most skilled fighter he has skills but is still completely untested due to quality of competition there are many more skilled fighters in and out of his weight class.

Fact2/8 fight win streak over unranked competition never warrants a title shot no matter how flashy the finishes are.

Fact3/Bellator probly isn't interested in the mousasi vs Rory fight because neither guy has even defended his belt yet and why have one guy take a loss before truly establishing themselves as champ?

Fact4/MVP himself has never said he wants to be in the UFC or even test free agency.hes said time and again bellator is his home and he's been treated well by them.Mvp still wants to do boxing along with mma so UFC won't be an option.Even with the whole ZUFFA boxing thing coming about I doubt many fighters will allowed to do both Dana has never been a fan of letting guys do any other sport when signed to the UFC.

The reason he hasn't asked for or received a title shot is because he's not even earned it yet.....for that you must win a #1 contenders match,and for that you need wins against ranked competition something he is lacking in.

If he wants a title shot he must ask for and receive better competition.

The most realistic idea in this thread was he's an alien......that should say something.(huge MVP fan here btw....just realistic one.)

He's an alien.

Now here me out.

giphy.webp

This is all the proof I need. This might seem like a dance to the untrained human eye. But what it really is, is a form of communication. I can translate it for you... what he's really doing here is sending a message... to all the UFC WW fighters. Look at his movement, Sheep. Its clear as day that hes saying "Yall better run, Because MVP is coming".

Okay now jokes aside... onto on to the real conspiracy theory:
Bellator is trying to set up Rory vs MVP, but MVP is planning on going to the UFC.

FACT 1: MVP is the most entertaining, skilled, marketable fighters on the roster.
FACT 2: MVP is on an 8 fight winning streak ... This usually warrants a titleshot. Especially if you're as entertaining as MVP.
FACT 3: It's been revealed that Bellator doesnt want to set up a Mousasi vs Rory MacDonald Next. Even though every MMA fan would watch that.
FACT 4: MVP has ONE more fight left in his contract.
THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT: When you win the belt in Bellator there's a championship clause that says you're contractually not allowed to another MMA organizaton and that your contract gets extended automatically. We've seen it with Eddie Alvarez.

What is happening is Bellator wants to set up Rory vs MVP because they dont want to lose MVP after his next fight. MVP wants to be in the UFC. There's a reason he hasn't taken the title shot or even asked for a title shot. He wants his contract to expire so he can sign with the UFC. This is why they dont want to set up Rory vs Mousasi.

Interesting. If/when he does go to UFC, he’ll be thrown to the wolves.

Interesting. If/when he does go to UFC, he’ll be thrown to the wolves.

UFC will build him up propperly like they did Till.

As long as the wolves are strikers MVP will be fine.

Even if MVP does face a wrestler, they'll remember what he did to cyborg. MVP is good at making reads and has amazing timing, and wouldn't be surprised if he gets another flying knee KO over a wrestler.

Theyll have him fight Cerrone, Masvidal, and all these other strikers. Then the big one will come against Wonderboy, then maybe Till.
So many amazing fights to see.

UFC will build him up propperly like they did Till.

As long as the wolves are strikers MVP will be fine.

Even if MVP does face a wrestler, they'll remember what he did to cyborg. MVP is good at making reads and has amazing timing, and wouldn't be surprised if he gets another flying knee KO over a wrestler.

Theyll have him fight Cerrone, Masvidal, and all these other strikers. Then the big one will come against Wonderboy, then maybe Till.
So many amazing fights to see.

True, there are cool match-ups there for him, but I wouldn’t put it past Dana to purposely give him wrestler after wrestler just to bury Bellator.

I said it in another thread, I want to see MVP vs Douglas Lima. That will be 2 guys who bang it out on the feet for 3 or 5 rounds with zero grappling. I feel Rory or AK would just take MVP down and tap him.

I think TS is on the money here. Michael Venom Page is indeed an alien who is probably looking to jump ship.
I suspect he's already in talks with the UFC, depending on how they go will determine his last Bellator fight.
If it looks like he'll leave Bellator they'll give him Fitch and tell him "good luck" and if Fitch beats him he'll probably end up in PFL till he's "ready" for UFC.
If he's staying with Bellator expect a Daley/Lima/Larkin/Koreskov fight, a big step up.

MVP vs Wonderboy/ Till plz

Back