Michael Venom Page (MMA FIGHTER) Pro Boxing Debut 20/10/2017

Couple of things

1) the whole show was terrible imo I cant believe what I was watching, I am a big Haye fan but he should be embarrassed.

2) The guy "MVP" beat was terrible I think most people on here would have beat him quicker, if he spent less time goofing around he should have been able to take him out within two

Last edited:
Newcomer

Hes going to need to step up in competition to be considered an actual prospect.

Honestly I watched his fight in full today. Hes quick and has good reflexes. But unless hes the second coming of Roy Jones ( not likely) hes going to need to adjust. His hands are way to low. His feints are kinda goofy tbh. Its like
he feints just to do them not to actually set anything up.

I think if he fought even a journeyman he would likely lose right now.

Maybe he can adjust though

That hands down style is intentional provocation. He is one of the
Newcomer

Hes going to need to step up in competition to be considered an actual prospect.

Honestly I watched his fight in full today. Hes quick and has good reflexes. But unless hes the second coming of Roy Jones ( not likely) hes going to need to adjust. His hands are way to low. His feints are kinda goofy tbh. Its like
he feints just to do them not to actually set anything up.

I think if he fought even a journeyman he would likely lose right now.

Maybe he can adjust though

People said the same thing before he entered MMA.....

He's fought nobodies in both sports. Seems that if he's starting vs 2-12 type fighters when he's already 30 years old and is still fighting in MMA, they aren't planning on ever putting him in with anyone half decent in boxing.

I haven't seen any other person in either sport win as many fights against nobodies in spectacular fashion such as him lately. Or they started fighting better competition and did well for themselves.

Sometimes it's not always who you beat, it's how you beat them. When those two variables meet however, you get a Conor McGregor type dude or perhaps an Uriah Hall or Erick Silva - it's true.

But the fact his fights look the way they do while being undefeated - counts for something. Nobody is calling him the next champ but there is a shitload of potential here to be prospected.

i'd like him a lot more if he didn't dick around.

i love his trash talk, though. the video message about daley is hilarious.

Man I am bummed, for some reason MVP pissed me off in that fight. I have no problem with smack talk or showboating when its warranted...but that was too much for me.

It's not, for several reasons.

This here. Having your hands down in MMA does have some advantages. It works well to stuff takedown attempts, to bait opponents in order to counter them, helps land shots that opponents don't see coming since the punches come from beneath the field of vision and their trajectory is different, it makes it easier to catch low kicks (leg kicks), and so on.

Further proof that MMA > boxing.

I think we all agree on this

You could've gone full retard but you didn't, you kept it 100. Loving the realness.

e374c03522caca58c07164964ded6e0c.jpg

Does this dude ever plan on challenging himself against legit competition?

He has skills but he seems to be content crushing cans.

It's embarrassing the way he swaggers about and showboats whilst in the ring with awful opposition

Considering its a debut he put on a great show. He hardly got touched.

Man the athleticism of this guy.........

decent punch but what can we expect against that level of competition. at least he went down to a real punch unlike ivica bacurin in the main event show couldn't dive fast enough

The fella is wasting his talent imo. He’s never going to be an elite boxer as he’s not fully committed and too old, simple as that. And his chances of excelling in mma are looking unlikely because he’s fckin around with boxing, fighting cans, rather than dedicating himself to the a sport where he could actually do something good. Think the fellas ego is the problem
He has no right to knock Daley; at least Semtex took the tough fights and challenged himself against the best. page is a joke

The fella is wasting his talent imo. He’s never going to be an elite boxer as he’s not fully committed and too old, simple as that. And his chances of excelling in mma are looking unlikely because he’s fckin around with boxing, fighting cans, rather than dedicating himself to the a sport where he could actually do something good. Think the fellas ego is the problem
He has no right to knock Daley; at least Semtex took the tough fights and challenged himself against the best. page is a joke
Can't a man just have fun knocking out idiots while getting paid good money?

Back