Michigan republicans circumventing

Michigan, checking in.

Yup, we're red ATM.

For the first time in my life I'm gonna vote the straight Dem ticket. The Republicans are quickly losing any chance of getting my vote locally. They've already lost me nationally, there's nobody they could run I would vote for. They don't deserve a single vote because they elevated DJT which was just a huge middle finger to intelligence and morality.

The Republicans have taken any credibility they had and just threw it out the fucking window with that dick move.
You were never going to vote r for anything
Why should they even kind of care what you think

the will of the people.

Michigan Republicans pull dirty move on voters. They passed proposal made by Tracey Pease a waitress who makes just over 3 dollars and hour. Pease worked hard to successfully get hundreds of thousands of signatures to get a ballot referendum to increase tipped wages and minimum wage increase and paid sick leave.

Republicans saw this coming so they just signed the increase straight into law. They did this because Pease ballot referendum once passed into law would need a 3/4 majority vote to undo. By passing the ballot directly into law first they can now undo it with a simple majority vote.

That is pretty underhanded and manipulative and they did it so they can work directly against what the people want.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...eave-setting-up-clash/?utm_term=.3e6c33288f96

minimum wage in michigan is $9.25.

no, no it doesn't

but in general people don't feel too sorry for grown adults that work as servers (or any minimum wage level job), and whatever wage problems they suffer as a result. This is the main reason we don't have a living wage in this country

I don't know man. In general most people do want more for minimum wage workers in my experience. That is why she was able to get the signatures and that is also why the REP resorted to these underhanded anti democratic tactics. You are wrong about this.

Most people when they go to dinner or to the grocery store DO want to know that the people serving them are able to live a decent life.......

I don't know man. In general most people do want more for minimum wage workers in my experience. That is why she was able to get the signatures and that is also why the REP resorted to these underhanded anti democratic tactics. You are wrong about this.

Most people when they go to dinner or to the grocery store DO want to know that the people serving them are able to live a decent life.......
Perhaps, I think there's more people than ever in those types of jobs due to our Service Economy. That's most likely who signs those petitions

Those jobs aren't hard, in the slightest. If an employer has to pay almost twice as much per employee....its fairly obvious what is going to happen. They are going to keep half the employees, pay them more but actually make them work harder. They aren't just going to keep all those entry level employees and pay them double.

Perhaps, I think there's more people than ever in those types of jobs due to our Service Economy. That's most likely who signs those petitions

Those jobs aren't hard, in the slightest. If an employer has to pay almost twice as much per employee....its fairly obvious what is going to happen. They are going to keep half the employees, pay them more but actually make them work harder. They aren't just going to keep all those entry level employees and pay them double.

NO it is not mostly who signs those petitions. Its about 70% of the country that wants higher standards for the least among us. MANY of the people who vote this way are middle class and upper middle class and some are very wealthy.

And fuck off if you don't think those jobs are hard. I know plenty of people who work them and they are not easy and you always have corporate on your back trying to get more out of you for less.

no, no it doesn't

but in general people don't feel too sorry for grown adults that work as servers (or any minimum wage level job), and whatever wage problems they suffer as a result. This is the main reason we don't have a living wage in this country

Then let it reach the ballot and see it fail.

If it passes then your statement is demonstrably fase.

NO it is not mostly who signs those petitions. Its about 70% of the country that wants higher standards for the least among us. MANY of the people who vote this way are middle class and upper middle class and some are very wealthy.

And fuck off if you don't think those jobs are hard. I know plenty of people who work them and they are not easy and you always have corporate on your back trying to get more out of you for less.
When you can be replaced by literally anybody w/ little to no training....your job isn't that hard playa.

Yeah stupid servers getting a raise in their minimum wage

They should have vetoed it

They are literally saying that they are approving it because otherwise they wont be able to repeal it.

Its not even "implying" when they are brazenly saying it out loud.

Unless she gets a ten top full of Mr Pinks
Turns out she's nearly 50, not hot, and works at a diner in Detroit, so I'm guessing she gets a lot of Mr. Pinks.

I'm in the camp of keeping it how it is because I tip well so it's more money for them and better service for me.

They are literally saying that they are approving it because otherwise they wont be able to repeal it.

Its not even "implying" when they are brazenly saying it out loud.
I’m giving you some leeway here since this isn’t your first language but I think you should reread the article

Typical Republicans, steal from the poor, give to the rich. Anyone who is not at least a millionaire who votes R is voting directly against their interests.

I’m giving you some leeway here since this isn’t your first language but I think you should reread the article

Business groups opposed to both measures cheered the vote, saying they had pushed lawmakers in both parties to approve the measure they ultimately hoped to defeat. Charlie Owens, of the National Federation of Independent Business, said approving the plans were necessary to avoid “an impossible hurdle that would have left us stuck” with the proposals.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...04/minimum-wage-michigan-proposal/1192695002/

Business groups opposed to both measures cheered the vote, saying they had pushed lawmakers in both parties to approve the measure they ultimately hoped to defeat. Charlie Owens, of the National Federation of Independent Business, said approving the plans were necessary to avoid “an impossible hurdle that would have left us stuck” with the proposals.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...04/minimum-wage-michigan-proposal/1192695002/
I’m going to let you simmer on this post for a bit

Keep in mind we’re talking about the republicans here

Not every waitress job is for a corporation, and if they work for tips, so there's no such thing as doing more for less. Restaurants don't have a huge profit margin(average is 3-5%) so replacing their tip-based income with a higher wage would absolutely be getting more from them for less. They couldn't afford as many people on staff and there wouldn't be as much pressure to tip, so they'd have half the employees covering all the tables so it would be slower service, higher prices, and less tips for the wait staff. This is why restaurant servers make a lot more than fast food workers.

Turns out she's nearly 50, not hot, and works at a diner in Detroit, so I'm guessing she gets a lot of Mr. Pinks.

I'm in the camp of keeping it how it is because I tip well so it's more money for them and better service for me.
I worked in the field, it's tough watching a server cry after a huge, demanding table stiffs her.

I've always tipped well after that. Some tables are great but some of course are the kind that...
make you get a better job.

I've known graduates who continued serving at high-end restaurants because they made good money. That's a step up for this woman anyways but at fifty that ship has sailed.

I worked in the field, it's tough watching a server cry after a huge, demanding table stiffs her.

I've always tipped well after that. Some tables are great but some of course are the kind that...
make you get a better job.

I've known graduates who continued serving at high-end restaurants because they made good money. That's a step up for this woman anyways but at fifty that ship has sailed.
I had a friend in college that I was waiting on to finish her double shift and this couple kept ordering stuff and she stayed half an hour after they were supposed to close waiting on just them and the guy paid the $170 bill with cash, counted every dollar of the change and put it all in his pocket and left 0 tip. I kind of regret not ripping the rearview mirror off his car to at least make him have to spend what he didn't tip.

I get freebies at most places I go to regularly because I tip well and don't screw them by tipping on the discounted tab amount. Just a few bucks here and there makes a huge difference in service.

I had a friend in college that I was waiting on to finish her double shift and this couple kept ordering stuff and she stayed half an hour after they were supposed to close waiting on just them and the guy paid the $170 bill with cash, counted every dollar of the change and put it all in his pocket and left 0 tip. I kind of regret not ripping the rearview mirror off his car to at least make him have to spend what he didn't tip.

I get freebies at most places I go to regularly because I tip well and don't screw them by tipping on the discounted tab amount. Just a few bucks here and there makes a huge difference in service.
... It really does. When the server sees it's you they look forward to having your table and doing right by you.

Of course there's the opposite. I've had servers that just plain sucked at the job, who I wanted to tip well but they were like the Steve Martin sketch with everything except bringing me change over and over

Back