Micronauts, M.A.S.K., Visionaries and Rom Movies in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: December 18, 2017

Paramount Sets Release Dates for G.I. JOE, MICROANUTS, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS

662TUUM.jpg

Paramount is playing the release dating game Monday, with the studio carving out territory for four tentpoles.

A film simply titled G.I. Joe will hit theaters March 27, 2020. The studio previously released two films based on the Hasbro property — G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) and G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013). 2020 will be a Hasbro year, as the studio has set Micronauts to open seven months later on Oct. 16, 2020. The toy property follows a race of Alien warriors from an alternate dimension that's microscopic. Paramount also carved out a July 23, 2021 date for Dungeons & Dragons, based on the table top roll playing game, and set aside Oct. 1, 2021 for an untitled Hasbro event film.

In 2015, THR broke the news that Paramount and Hasbro's Allspark Pictures were building a shared universe based on five Hasbro concepts — G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM, assembling a writers room to hammer out the details. The two G.I. Joe films earned a combined $678.2 worldwide.

The studio has had big commercial success with its Transformers series, which has earned $4.3 billion worldwide. Its latest installment, Transformers: The Last Knight, opened this year and 605.4 million worldwide, the lowest of the filve films. Paramount has the spinoff Bumblebee due out Dec. 21, 2018.

As for Dungeons & Dragons, Jeremy Irons appeared in an ill-fated 2000 adaptation for New Line. More recently, property became embroiled in a legal battle over who had the rights to make a film based on it, with a 2015 settlement appearing to pave the way for Warner Bros. to move ahead with a long-gestating project. As recently as last year, Warners was developing a project, with Ansel Elgort in early talks to star, however, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the property is no longer with the studio.

Paramount Pictures Sets Release Dates for 'G.I. Joe' Reboot, 'Dungeons & Dragons' and 'Micronauts
4IWGWCB.gif

For posting cartoon pictures while talking about live action films & making me figure that out instead of mentioning it at the top of your post.

Did you win MOD of the year bro?

I voted for you!!!
Thanks. :) I didn't check. Aside from thanking (via Like) the people that tagged me, I didn't really read the thread or looked at the results. I'm guessing I didn't win since I wasn't notified.

GI Joe is back?
giphy.gif

And M.A.S.K?!?
200w.gif

AND DnD!?!

200w.gif

Last edited:
Nice. I was just relegated to drooling at them whenever we passed by the toy department.

MASK-catalog.jpg
Pretty sure I had the Outlaw and Hurricane and vaguely remember playing with the playset, though I think it was a friend's. I think the Raven was the one I wanted and never got though; had a gut reaction of longing when it first caught my eye

The most recent two GI Joe movies failed to bring the fanboyism like the cartoon & "action figures" when I was a kid.

MASK & Visionnaires sound interesting. Thank goodness for the old cartoons that didn't need to be educational.

Why do they always pick shit directors and producers? Akira Goldsman wrote that shitty Lost in Space movie, wrote Batman Forever and Batman and Robin (killing off the franchise for 8 years, making Batman a joke), as well as Transformers: The Last Knight (the lowest rated and performing of an already bad franchise), Rings (which did do bad it made Paramount cancel their Friday the 13th movie), and The Dark Tower (which lost money). Clearly not someone you want in charge of established franchises.
Just like Mattel getting David Goyer to direct He-Man when he's best known as a director for killing off the Blade franchise and making The Unborn, a terrible horror film even by late 2000's theatrical standards. This is just as stupid as letting Platinum Dunes produce your established franchises (remakes of Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and The Hitcher as well as making the two modern live action TMNT movies with their nightmare fuel Turtles).

I really really really want this to be good but I have a feeling it will be ass.

Loved MASK and had all the toys when I was a kid.

I feel bad for the gobots in all of this.

READY PLAYER ONE's Zak Penn to Adapt Live-Action ROM: SPACEKNIGHT for Paramount

7YejEB9.jpg

Hot off adapting the Ernest Cline novel Ready Player One for director Steven Spielberg, Zak Penn has signed on to adapt ROM for Hasbro’s Allspark Pictures and Paramount Pictures. Allspark Pictures develops and produces live-action entertainment around Hasbro brands and related projects.

Ready Player One premieres tonight in Hollywood before Warner Bros releases the film Wednesday for the Easter holiday weekend.

Short for Read-only memory, ROM originated as a toy and then the comic ROM: Spaceknight. Hailing from a utopian society on the planet Galador, ROM is a cyborg who, after defeating the invading Dire Wraith on its planet, continues the battle on Earth and other planets.

Penn, who is known for adapting comic book and sci-fi stories for the big screen, is a true fan of Hasbro’s brands and has always loved the property. It long has been considered a potential tentpole for Hasbro.

Penn started his career selling his first script The Last Action Hero at 23. He has worked on numerous Marvel Comics movie transfers including X-Men 2 and X-Men: The Last Stand, Elektra, The Incredible Hulk and The Avengers, to go along with pics like PCU, Behind Enemy Lines and Suspect Zero.

Penn currently is working on a script for Warner Bros that is set in The Matrixuniverse hatched by the Wachowskis. Penn also has moved into TV, starting with the Syfy original series Alphas that starred David Strathairn.

‘Ready Player One’s Zak Penn To Adapt ‘ROM’ For Paramount & Hasbro’s Allspark (Exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back