Microsoft officially acquires InXile and Obsidian Entertainment

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
So the worst kept secret is official.

Micro$oft making it rain some more.

Microsoft is going all out next gen. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought out a huge company or two. They seem to be really focused on making things better and creating more exclusives. That's exciting after this miserable generation.

Well, I guess if this gives inXile some economic muscles that could be interesting.

i have no faith Microsoft. They cant push a game out for shit. They have constantly canceled and fucked up exclusive because of they're incompetence, and
i have zero interest in the Microsoft store

Microsoft is going all out next gen. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought out a huge company or two. They seem to be really focused on making things better and creating more exclusives. That's exciting after this miserable generation.

I am very excited for the future it looks bright.

i have no faith Microsoft. They cant push a game out for shit. They have constantly canceled and fucked up exclusive because of they're incompetence, and
i have zero interest in the Microsoft store

When I hear the name Microsoft I always recall all the great game titles they've released. Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, Darklands, Master of Magic, Pirates...

Then I realize I'm thinking of Microprose.

I am eager to see what games we get out of this.

Doesn't matter. They are going to get their asses kicked by Sony again.

I like both of those studios but Obsidian is much less without Chris Avellone

As someone that primarily does their gaming on PS4 I’m not pleased with this development.

/golfclap for two more companies destroyed by one of the worst things to happen to gaming, Microsoft...only outdone by Electronic Arts when it comes to destroying good game makers and more destructive to the console market than Nintendo.

Hopefully they can get some decent games out, my xbone s is basically a paperweight apart from playing Worms online with my friend occasionally.

Not impressed.

Just remember all of the awesome games for the SNES and N64 that were developed by Rare. Then they were bought out by Microsoft, all of the decent employees left, and Rare only made shitty games thereafter.

In fact I can't think of a single developer that was bought out by a huge corporation, and it resulted in increased quality of their games.

Unless Sony screws up on the development and price of the PS5, they're guaranteed to dominate the next console generation just like this one.

Microsoft went from 6 first party studios to 13 in less than a year.

Hopefully they can do something positive with the acquisitions. Just owning the companies doesn't mean much.

Not impressed.

Just remember all of the awesome games for the SNES and N64 that were developed by Rare. Then they were bought out by Microsoft, all of the decent employees left, and Rare only made shitty games thereafter.

In fact I can't think of a single developer that was bought out by a huge corporation, and it resulted in increased quality of their games.

Unless Sony screws up on the development and price of the PS5, they're guaranteed to dominate the next console generation just like this one.
It is worth mentioning that they did just that with the PS3, and then MS bizarrely followed suit with the One even though the 360 had a comfortable lead in the US. I'm hoping this upcoming generation is the one when neither MS nor Sony try something dopey with their next console.

Eh, no huge losses. Good for Xbox fans though, they deserve some more new IP's that are good.

Back