Mid-90's Jonah Hill Flick

Was a fun decade to come of age in.

I liked it better when they called it KIDS.

I liked it better when they called it KIDS.
Harmony Korine was a legitimate degenerate so he was qualified to write scripts like that. What has Jonah Hill lived through in his yuppy upbringing to speak about the streets?

I just finished it. I thought it was a decent flick with a bunch of people with no acting skills. Growing up in SoCal in my youth and teenage years around this period did give me the feels. I wouldn’t mind seeing what happened to them 20 years later.

It was alright

Jonathan Brookins was good in it

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

brookins-jonathan-image.jpg

felt more like early 2000's to me more than 90's . it would have it felt more like how we were skating in maybe 1998 or 99 all the movie was missing was shortys clothes and osiris D3.

Last edited:
Just got around to watching this. Good movie.
Reminded me of 96 at the Skate park. Getting nachos. Not wearing helmets or knee and elbow pads, Tupac getting hit, going to the arcade with your friends.

So glad that was all replaced with social media and staying in your cave on your phone all day.

Made me download Tony hawk 1+2 out of nostalgia

I spent most of my childhood doing absurd shit because I happened to take up skateboarding. I would probably be a more productive member of society if I never skated, but my childhood would have been far less interesting.

Definitely a movie that hit home in a lot of ways. Passion project for Jonah as far as a know. A movie made for a select few 30 somethings who came of age in a short era. Liked it a lot.

Back