Mid-air Collusion (Mueller Thread v. 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm half expecting it to happen. They did it Kennedy, tried with Reagan.

It's a long process. There have been a massive number of resignations and firings from within the government but also through out the corporate world over the past year or so. There are also 45,000 current sealed indictments when the average number is about 3000.

Are you sure the swamp isn't getting drained? That's a lot going there.

Well I dunno. I do know this isn't a master plan...it's just a plan that didn't work. And it's actually routine practice is washington. Cook up fake fisa warrants, pay judges to approve them, spy on people, black mail them, frame them. Were you born yesterday or something, you don't know this stuff goes on in Washington?

Alright man, save some tinfoil for the rest of us.

All I'm saying is...

tenor.gif

I've been trying to keep up with this thread all day. I think since the money was used in such a way that it benefits the campaign then it doesn't matter what account it was withdrawn from. If we are to believe the reports to date it came from a loan Cohen made.

You can mock mark levin but he's pretty solid when dealing with particulars of the law...he was reading the federal statute earlier on his show which clearly states that it does matter....personal funds=no crime. Campaign funds=crime

In not saying which was used or what else Cohen has

A little over half this thread are people who live in reality, excited to see a criminal held to account for his actions and acknowledging that we are living in historic times, a time where we have what is now confirmed to be a criminal for a president who almost certainly will not survive his first term without being impeached or criminally indicted.

A little under half this thread are very proud to come announce to us that they are boot-lickers who see 5 fingers just as they are told to by party officials. They lack education, historical knowledge and will power, and their will was easily bent by their party to the party's needs as the party saw fit. Truth is subjective to these people and they can be used and conned again by the next fascist that comes along. I'm not sure what use or good they will ever provide to society but we will need to acknowledge after this is over the importance of educating the next generation that truth is paramount and any person or party that attempts to get you to reject truth in favor of loyalty is evil.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-rall...m_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter

"LOCK THEM UP!"

<Lmaoo>

Just hours after Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman was found guilty on eight charges of fraud and his former lawyer pleaded guilty to a variety of charges, the crowd at campaign rally given by the president in West Virginia Tuesday burst into a chant “lock her up.” Paul Manafort, who ran Trump’s campaign last summer, now faces up to 80 years in prison. Among the charges the president’s former “fixer” Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to were campaign finance violations, which he said were committed at the direction of Trump.

You're in denial.

No, you.

You're in denial believing that this won't add up to a whole lot of nothing. Go check out some history on "campaign finance violations" of past Presidents, and see what you find in terms of how harshly they were punished for this very, VERY serious offense. Some including foreign governments. But yeah, Trump is going down for paying off some whores. LOL.

Carlson: Professor, thanks a lot for coming on. The Manafort story seems pretty cut and dry. He was convicted of tax evasion. It sounds like he did it. I don't think many people are surprised. Cohen, however: part of this guilty plea concerns money that he moved apparently from Trump's accounts to a woman who had alleged sexual contacts with Trump. That's a very common scenario among famous people as you know. We've seen a lot of that in the last year: people paying off women who say they had sexual contact with the affluent person. Is that illegal? How is that a crime?

Dershowitz: By itself it's not a crime, and if the president had paid it directly it wouldn't be a crime. The allegation here is that it was Cohen who paid it---who made a campaign contribution which he didn't report---at the direction of the president. Of course, some stations are already playing the funeral music for President Trump, but this is much more complicated and much more nuanced. First of all, the crime itself is very very vague. They tried to put John Edwards, the former presidential candidate on trial and of course, that ended in acquittal. Second, it really depends completely on the credibility on Cohen. Remember, as Judge Ellis said, when they squeeze people like Cohen or Manafort, they squeeze them not only to sing but sometimes to compose. It's very easy to embellish the story. Let's assume, hypothetically, it's true that he paid the money and it was designed to impact the election. All he has to do is say, "and the president directed me to do it." That's the kind of embellishment that people put on a story when they want to avoid dying in prison. The prosecutor says, "you have two choices. You can die in prison or you can give me a story that I can use to go and get the president." I'm not suggesting that happened here. But the risk of that happening is what Judge Ellis talked about in the Manafort case. We may see that at work here. So we're a long way from tolling the bells for this administration. It's a bad day, it's a negative day, but not a fatal one.

Carlson: I'm still confused. If you're running for office, and someone comes to you and says, "give me money or I will humiliate you in public", and you do give that person money, you instruct your lawyer to give that person money, that's a campaign donation?

Dershowitz: Not if you make it yourself. But if somebody else pays the money in order to influence the outcome of the election, it is technically, perhaps, a violation of the election laws. That's what they tried to get Edwards on. It didn't work. They had an acquittal and a hung jury, and they never tried him again. But violation of election laws is regarded as like jaywalking in the realm of things about elections. Every candidate violates the election laws when they run for president. Usually they pay a fine. Here they are trying to elevate this to an impeachable offense or a felony against the president. Look, they may name the president as an unindicted co-conspirator. They did that with Nixon. Even back then, I complained about that because naming someone as an unindicted co-conspirator is very unfair because they have no opportunity to defend themselves. So this is the beginning of a story that will unravel over time but it's not nearly as deadly or lethal as some as portrayed it as being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back