Middleweight confuses me

Just give whittaker the highest Ranked fighter he didnt fought yet. And then the next... and then maybe rematches with higher ranked Fighters.

The MW title picture is a mess right now. It's actually difficult to justify a title shot for anyone. Yoel lost to Whittaker 2 fights ago and missed weight against Luke. Jacare got besmirched by Whittaker 2 fights ago. Luke has been brutally KO'd in 2 out of 3 fights. Weidman has been finished in 3 of his last 4 fights. Gastelum got finished by Weidman 2 fights ago.

There's no right answer to this question. No one has earned a title shot. Since Whittaker is still recovering, I'd say make:

Jacare vs, Yoel 2 as a number 1 contender fight.
Luke vs. Gastelum
Weidman vs. Branch/Santos winner

I also think it's time to give Brad Tavares and Paulo Costa a step up in competition.

The Bisping nonsense really killed this division's momentum. It's time to get 185 moving again.

Then who gets the second title shot after Yoel?

Jacare or Romero just end up with another loss on the record. Does it go to Luke and Weidmen who already have multiple losses?

That is a worse off idea. Just give the fight to either Yoel or Jacare, then have the other guy get next title shot....I believe that's already how its expected to go.

The one I most look forward to would be Gastelum, but for that to happen he would have to pick up another W and recover before the champ comes back. Otherwise Romero I guess. It's a tricky situation.

I want the GOAT back to win the title.

9934568.jpg
paulo-henrique-costa_477650_LeftFullBodyImage.png

Right so the ozzie guy is the official champ since gsp swerved it yeh ?
So didnt jacare win for no1 then romero win for interm but miss wieght ?? So what goes on now
I personally wanna see jacare v romero both allowed to get juiced to fuck and try and take each others limbs home but im just abit confused by the whole division

No wonder you're confused.
Can't even write a compete sentence

Right before Bisping, Middleweight was my favorite divsion because of all the killers at the top. Now all these guys are in a log jam with so much wasted potential for proper TS's.

The belt feels like abstract nonsense now
Because ufc makes no sense now how they line up fights. You had #1 and #2 fight, now you going have #1 and #3 fight because champ out. If Whittaker beats Romero again, who he fights after that? Bw, Fw, Lw, now mw division is screwed up mainly do with the belts. Woody don't want fight no one but gsp and nate. Dc about fighting for hw belt, which lhw could flop making it look like the wm division nonsense.

Yeah those Cote and Leites wins were massive.
I like Patrick Cote, but bragging on his stool that he made it to round 3 had me hoping he'd get knocked out.
First one to do it, but still sad.

The MW title picture is a mess right now. It's actually difficult to justify a title shot for anyone. Yoel lost to Whittaker 2 fights ago and missed weight against Luke. Jacare got besmirched by Whittaker 2 fights ago. Luke has been brutally KO'd in 2 out of 3 fights. Weidman has been finished in 3 of his last 4 fights. Gastelum got finished by Weidman 2 fights ago.

There's no right answer to this question. No one has earned a title shot. Since Whittaker is still recovering, I'd say make:

Jacare vs, Yoel 2 as a number 1 contender fight.
Luke vs. Gastelum
Weidman vs. Branch/Santos winner

I also think it's time to give Brad Tavares and Paulo Costa a step up in competition.

The Bisping nonsense really killed this division's momentum. It's time to get 185 moving again.
I would like to see Costa against Brunson or hall just to see a savage ko.

Then either a top 5 or maybe a strong wrestler with a Chin before a top 5 fight. Then we can know if he is legit or just a hard hitting front runner.

I'm interested in seeing which direction this guy's path takes.

Thank you you got what i was saying and still got across the mess middleweight is right now
Can you explain to me where the fuck yoel was 10 years ago ?
Wrestling for Cuba

And there is nothing to suggest the "majority" thought Jacare won, as there were plenty who were clearly fine with that decision. It was a close fight Romero edged.

Out of 17 media scores, 12 scored it for Jacare, 3 scored it a draw, and 2 gave it to Yoel. So while you think Yoel edged out the fight, only 2 of 17 media members agree with you. And at the time, there was plenty of controversy among the fans. That seems like pretty good evidence.

Then who gets the second title shot after Yoel?

Jacare or Romero just end up with another loss on the record. Does it go to Luke and Weidmen who already have multiple losses?

That is a worse off idea. Just give the fight to either Yoel or Jacare, then have the other guy get next title shot....I believe that's already how its expected to go.
At this point, we don't even know when Whittaker will be ready to fight. This is a perfect time to make some sense out of the division and determine a deserving challenger. That seems like a much better option than giving someone an undeserved title shot and then having them sit on the sidelines waiting for Whittaker to come back.

In your scenario, Yoel or Jacare would be given an undeserved title shot (let's say Yoel), but we have no idea when that would happen. So now Yoel is sitting and waiting for Whittaker to come back. Meanwhile, what happens with Jacare? You want him to sit as well (could be a year from now before the Whittaker/Yoel winner is ready to fight)? And if Jacare takes a fight in the meantime, he runs the risk of losing, which is exactly what you're trying to prevent. This is all a bunch of silliness.

In my scenario, we have Yoel and Jacare fighting while Bobby Knuckles heals up. The winner then goes on to fight Whittaker when he's ready. By the time all that takes place, there will be plenty of time for things to shake out and a new contender to emerge.

Out of 17 media scores, 12 scored it for Jacare, 3 scored it a draw, and 2 gave it to Yoel. So while you think Yoel edged out the fight, only 2 of 17 media members agree with you. And at the time, there was plenty of controversy among the fans. That seems like pretty good evidence.

Next to nothing happened in round 2. Calling it in any way isn't really that controversial. Frankly, it should have been a draw.

Saying Jacare got robbed when calling it a draw us just as reasonable hardly makes it a robbery, especially given round 2.

Next to nothing happened in round 2. Calling it in any way isn't really that controversial. Frankly, it should have been a draw.

Saying Jacare got robbed when calling it a draw us just as reasonable hardly makes it a robbery, especially given round 2.
Yeah, "robbery" is certainly too strong a word. I don't think it was a robbery, per se. However, this whole conversation started with you saying, "which MW beats Romero exactly? He's beat all of the top ones already outside of Whittaker." That's a pretty silly statement considering the majority of people thought he lost to Jacare (remember, only 2 of 17 media members gave it to Yoel).

Back