Middleweight Is Starting to Get Very Interesting

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Looking over the division there seems to be quite a few fighters that are picking up steam. Obviously you've got Whittaker and Romero re-matching for the title in June then you have Jacare and Kelvin fighting next month in what appears to be a number on e contender bout. Aside from this you also have several other fighters in that have built up some nice streaks.

Shoeface - five fight win streak
Thiago Santos - four fight win streak
Paulo Borrachina - 3-0 in the UFC
Brad Tavares - four fight win streak
Adesanya - 2-0 and already aiming for another fight.

It's one thing to have a top heavy division with a lot of tough guys in the top 10 but it's refreshing to see so many up and comers that are stringing together wins and climbing the ranks. Anyone in particular you see emerging as a future contender? Personally I am keeping my eye on Borrachina and Santos, both of these guys are violent as fuck and could very well be top 5 in a years time.

If Anthony Smith wants to keep doing a massive weight cut, he's entertaining and comes to bang. But might be a 205 soon

the reaper is gonna have a nice, long title reign imo

It's gonna be interesting how the new wave of MWs that's just sitting outside or entering the top 10 will do vs the current guard of Weidman, Rockhold, Romero, Vitor, Machida, Bisping, Hall, Jacare that's been the top of the division.

Looking over the division there seems to be quite a few fighters that are picking up steam. Obviously you've got Whittaker and Romero re-matching for the title in June then you have Jacare and Kelvin fighting next month in what appears to be a number on e contender bout. Aside from this you also have several other fighters in that have built up some nice streaks.

It's one thing to have a top heavy division with a lot of tough guys in the top 10 but it's refreshing to see so many up and comers that are stringing together wins and climbing the ranks. Anyone in particular you see emerging as a future contender? Personally I am keeping my eye on Borrachina and Santos, both of these guys are violent as fuck and could very well be top 5 in a years time.

I think Shoeface is better than Santos. Santos is all power no technique. If you can withstand the initial outburst you can either out strike him or out grapple him.

Also watch out for
Karl Roberson
Eryk Anders
Trevin Giles

All 3 are legit studs

Shoeface looked huge vs Boetch. His offence was crisp as well

Watch out for Trevin "The Problem" Giles. 11-0 with 10 finishes, including his first 2 UFC fights. Legit prospect.

MW looks good but still not quite as strong or as deep as WW or LW imo.

Adesanya vs Costa

I will hop on the winners hype train

I want Borrachina the Goat to crush all of them.

I have no idea who any of those are... I guess that proves Im really not the fan I used to be of mma anymore. The shit direction the company has taken has completely ruined the sport for me. I wish the UFC goes bankrupt and goes to shit so another company can take over and start building a solid sport from the start like it used to be, not the circus and inmediate-reward-only company this shit has become.

I have no idea who any of those are... I guess that proves Im really not the fan I used to be of mma anymore. The shit direction the company has taken has completely ruined the sport for me. I wish the UFC goes bankrupt and goes to shit so another company can take over and start building a solid sport from the start like it used to be, not the circus and inmediate-reward-only company this shit has become.

Yes the Ufc should appeal to look at me cry babies like you. It's not like they've snapped up dozens of amazing prospects this year.

Funny the same tards bashing the Ufc for appealing to brainless Conor fanboys can't take the time to support any of the great young talent.

Probably the most exciting division right now IMO

Romero is getting old, hope he beats Whitaker and defend a couple times before he retires

We where just in the best phase the devision had been in and Bisping log jammed it wnd killed its momentum

where is Paulo Borrachina?? I thought I saw the Natty himself booked for the UFC atlantic city card at one point but obviously hes not fighting there now. anyone know anything?

I'm going to take a guess and say Thiago Silva has the record for most kick KO's in UFC history. Anyone with more than 6?

Adesanya wins rather convincingly imo, massive holes in Costas game, hendricks would have beat him if he wasn't shot, I believe.

I was genuinely impressed with Hendricks performance. His striking looked a lot better cuz of wink. But yeah I’m not buying the hype on either guy yet, isreal at least has a pretty good kickboxing pedigree, so I’m more convinced about him than costa.

Back