Mighty Duck Johnson Dodges the Bullet that is TJ Dillashaw

Mighty Duck was on Ariels show just now and said talks of the fight have gone dormant.

This guy shouldnt be on anybodies p4p list. He should be stripped of the title and benched for not taking a fight in his own weight class.

Mighty Duck Johnson needs to go.
tell me who has the most title defenses?

They are rebooting Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory and need actors to play Oompa Loompa's.

Mighty Mouse and the rest of the division are a shoo in for the casting.

Its a fucking disgrace that he gets so much praise when all he's doing is hiding in the weakest men's division & avoiding anyone that might be a threat & yet then gets upset with the lack of respect & big money fights he gets.

If he avoids TJ then no more main events & no more PPV percentages.
it's not like MM's PPV % ever brought anything in anyway...

Please show me where I have ever said anything of the sort. I like DJ a lot as a fighter and watch all of his fights.
I can see how much you like him... calling him a duck and all...
could have fooled me....

...or is it that every dumbass hater always try to claim "he's my favorite fighter but".... like he fools anyone???

Well, I think it is the latter...

I can see how much you like him... calling him a duck and all...
could have fooled me....

...or is it that every dumbass hater always try to claim "he's my favorite fighter but".... like he fools anyone???

Well, I think it is the latter...

Show me where I have called him a duck as well. Only thing I have said in this thread is that DJ probably isn't worth the money he is asking for.

People are shitting on DJ for ducking TJ, not for asking for more money specifically. If he's not being paid as much as he wants to fight, then he doesn't have to fight. Slavery is illegal. The problem is DJ asking for more money dependant on the opponent, ie "I want x to fight Borg but I want 3x to fight TJ". A system in which champions can do that is a system that'll be filled with ducking. Yes, DJ should in theory get paid more if his fights are bigger fights. However, that should be written into the contract somehow (e.g. ppv points). It being a bigger fight should see DJ paid more depending on how much bigger it is, and thus he should naturally wanna take the fight. With the way he's acting currently, what's to stop him from saying "I want $7 billion to fight TJ", as a means of ducking?

Cormier just asked for more money to fight Stipe, the bigger guy. Got it, too.

Show me where I have called him a duck as well. Only thing I have said in this thread is that DJ probably isn't worth the money he is asking for.

I must apologise.
I mixed you with TS.

While I do disagree with you (that he will "demand his way into Bellator"), I find it peculiar you would think this... especially if you follow him and watch his fights.

If you do like him, you know his value. And while UFC can be a lot of things, they are not blind.

They will never let him go (as long as he keeps winning).

heck, most top fighters have money disputes with the UFC. DJ is not any different.
And he does have the record of title defenses and he is (by their own account) the P4P #1 fighter.

so I don't think they would let a guy like him go...

Do you not understand the basic premise of why guys like McGregor get a load of cash and MM doesn't?

No one is forcing MM to fight, man. He chose this business. Do you work for MM?

Life doesn't work that way, bro. You get paid what you are worth.

Yes your on the UFC side. Are you being paid by them? They are laughing on what they pay people, your going to defend them? What about the fighters that are underpaid like 10k to show?

You do know UFC SOLD FOR billions but they can’t give DJ a fuckin bone?

I’m on the side of the fighters.

WHAT they ripped off from people over the countless years they can pay DJ A little extra.

he needs to fight Rey mysterio

Rey’s way too big for MM

It would look like this

r733aucdcrby.gif

Take harder job for same pay? Yea fuck that guy

Just pay him the money because if he takes the L it's actually a huge loss for him, eternal shitting, and DANA white being a fucking cocksucker saying you're not the best forever, get the money you deserve Mighty.

All Dana has to do is to pay MM his money so it's worth his while.

This ain't rocket surgery people.

WAR MIGHTY MOUSE!

Ward vs. Kovalev I
160,000 PPV Buys
Ward: $5,000,000
Kovalev: $2,000,000

Ward vs. Kovalev II
130,000 PPV Buys
Ward: $6,500,000
Kovalev: % of gate and PPV revenue

The idiots claiming that Johnson is overpricing himself in order to avoid the fight are clearly buying Dana White's narrative that the UFC pays Johnson what he's worth.

Would it be unreasonable to assume that Johnson vs. Dillashaw, by itself, would sell 300,000 buys? Cyborg vs. Holm did those numbers, so why wouldn't this alleged super-fight? And Johnson has gone on record that his asking price is only $2,000,000.

Use common sense people, your bias and ignorance is only embarrassing yourselves.

Edit: @USA!USA! - Johnson is worth the same as Ward and Kovalev, but asking for less.

Last edited:
Cormier just asked for more money to fight Stipe, the bigger guy. Got it, too.
And if the UFC had held their ground and then DC proceeded to come out and say "I'll fight x but not Stipe unless they pay me more", I'd have the same problem that I do with DJ. As it happens, in this case, x=Gustafsson, and I think DC wants that fight less than he does the Stipe fight, even if he were paid the same for either. So that scenario I posed would never occur.

Edit: i actually wouldnt have the same problem that I do with DJ, because DC has no obligation to the HW division. Whether or not he's willing to fight Stipe has no bearing on his legitimacy as LHW champion. So yeah, that too.

and you should got eat a dick and maybe watch some WWE T.J. just pulled the same shit with Garbrandt should he be stripped too?

4 weeks notice. And he already KO'd Cody in the 2nd round.

I'm sure TJ will rematch Cody eventually. DJ is flat out refusing to fight TJ.

a division so many people claim to not pay attention gets those same people so worked up, you should thank DJ for giving you a purpose in life

Because for once people give a shit about a fight, and he doesn't want to take it.

He should never complain about not getting enough recognition again. He's not willing to take the risks necessary to make himself a name.

And if the UFC had held their ground and then DC proceeded to come out and say "I'll fight x but not Stipe unless they pay me more", I'd have the same problem that I do with DJ. As it happens, in this case, x=Gustafsson, and I think DC wants that fight less than he does the Stipe fight, even if he were paid the same for either. So that scenario I posed would never occur.

Edit: i actually wouldnt have the same problem that I do with DJ, because DC has no obligation to the HW division. Whether or not he's willing to fight Stipe has no bearing on his legitimacy as LHW champion. So yeah, that too.

What? Aren’t these points entirely contradictory?

The UFC didn’t hold their ground. DC is not a draw if he isn’t fighting a Jones. They gave him more money like he asked, because he’s a company man who has done them favors - not because he brings in business.

The Ray Borg thing is over. It happened. It doesn’t apply here, because the record is broken. That’s not an issue anymore.

What obligation does Mighty Mouse have to TJs division?

Why does he have to fight a guy who is coming down a division to legitimize his legacy in his own division?

What? Aren’t these points entirely contradictory?

The UFC didn’t hold their ground. DC is not a draw if he isn’t fighting a Jones. They gave him more money like he asked, because he’s a company man who has done them favors - not because he brings in business.

The Ray Borg thing is over. It happened. It doesn’t apply here, because the record is broken. That’s not an issue anymore.

What obligation does Mighty Mouse have to TJs division?

Why does he have to fight a guy who is coming down a division to legitimize his legacy in his own division?
Explain the contradiction. What I'm asking you to do, is explain the two beliefs I have that contradict each other. Your post above doesn't do it.

The UFC didn't hold their ground, no. That's a hypothetical scenario I posed. I'm not sure what the rest of this paragraph is in response to, but I do disagree that the UFC didn't consider business in paying DC more.

Again, Borg was hypothetical. He represents "random flyweight fighter than DJ is willing to fight in favor of DJ". Replace Borg with Formiga if you want; doesn't matter to the point I'm making.

Mighty Mouse has no obligation to TJ's division. I never said he does, and thus it's looking increasingly like you either don't understand my post, OR are arguing to "win" an argument, rather than to learn or educate. Probably both.

In response to your final paragraph (which is off-topic and doesn't respond to anything I said), if TJ can make 125 and beat DJ, then that'd speak to DJ's legacy, in that there'd be less reason to believe he's the best at 125. Thus, DJ taking that fight would be an attempt to prove that that isn't the case.

He doesnt have to, but its a great oppertunity to make a point, a statement that he is the greatest, and that he isnt just that cancrusher in an empty division.
Show fans and haters once and for all who you are made of.
People gravitate to fighters that put it all on the line.

I understand theres more to it than that, like getting payed what you're worth.

TJ is a serious threat for him, so just keep chipping away at the flyweight division untill you get old or a better guy shows up might be the safer option..

In the end I hope the fight takes place.
I hope UFC pays the guys for what they're worth and we can prepare for fireworks without the bullshit.

Secondly, I take your point about the weight, but weight classes are supposed to keep things even, not to see who can cut the most weight to get the biggest size advantage over their opponent.

I agree but then that is the UFC's fault for putting weight divisions only 10lbs apart. 10lbs is too easy to cut if you aren't already huge for your weight class (and TJ isn't). But I don't think this is one of those situations where a fighter is looking for a weight advantage though, because TJ isn't a big 135er and isn't one of those guys who kills himself to get down there. And DJ has fought at 135 and was very competitive there. Many fights within same weight classes already have this weight difference on fight day because of the weight cutting. Frankie Edgar is regularly 10lbs or more lighter than his opponent on fight day. According to DJ's own fans he is supposed to be the greatest fighter to ever live, so it makes no sense, according to their own logic, that a mere 10lbs by a supposedly lesser skilled fighter, will completely nullify DJ's skills. It certainly wouldn't for other GOATs like GSP or Jones.

And I keep saying bullshit because I'm frustrated that mma seems to be going "political" in that fans are now supporting their fighter's own interest rather than the interest of the sport and the fans. DJ fans should really want to see him fight the best fighters possible who can make 125, and even super fights within a reasonable catch weight. Traditionally, this is what mma fans want! But now they would rather have him fight lesser competition in less entertaining fights, just for the purpose of blindly supporting the personal interest of their fighter. Its like the poor people who support polices that only favor the rich, simply because the politicians they like tend to support those policies.

Back