Mighty Mouse and TJ Will fight and It will be close

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mighty mouse Is no joke..dude outstruck Prime Cruz on the feet while only training part time.

He aint ducking. Dude just wants to be paid and the UFC is being the UFC..trying to pay the bare minimum.

They will fight though and it will be a war. Silly to sleep on Mighty mouse

I think people are sleeping on MM because he seems to want nothing to do with this fight. Not wanting to move up is one thing, but refusing to fight TJ when TJ is willing to move down is another.

If they both win their upcoming fights TJ will probably call him out. Hope the UFC can finally put this one together.

I think people are sleeping on MM because he seems to want nothing to do with this fight. Not wanting to move up is one thing, but refusing to fight TJ when TJ is willing to move down is another.
It also seems like Mighty mouse wanted a better contract / money for taking the fight.

So It's really a matter of what you believe. To meet It seems far more likely that the UFC is trying to pay the bare minimum as historically we've seen them do, especially since the integration of WME into the fold

At the end of the day, It is all about money. I'm an advocate for fighters campaigning for every cent of their worth, regardless of who they are.

The reality Is, the UFC has underpaid athletes to an almost criminal level for a long long time.

Who are we really to believe is at fault here?

think about it

DJ could beat Cejudo again, Call out TJ after winning, and people would still call him a duck.

I hope Dana cuts Mighty Duck the next time he refuses to fight real competition.

Also, I will never get over how much bigger Dom was than DJ. The fact DJ outstruck him blew my mind back then.

They should also cut anyone who demands to be paid fairly.

You don't talk back to your WME overlords
In fact, cut everyone. This is the WME era. We don't need fights. We'll just do PPVs of Conor's instagram.

DJ could fight Sergio Pettis after this one.

UFC has to pay the man... TJ vs DJ is a helluva fight... pay the little guy.

It also seems like Mighty mouse wanted a better contract / money for taking the fight.

So It's really a matter of what you believe. To meet It seems far more likely that the UFC is trying to pay the bare minimum as historically we've seen them do, especially since the integration of WME into the fold

At the end of the day, It is all about money. I'm an advocate for fighters campaigning for every cent of their worth, regardless of who they are.

The reality Is, the UFC has underpaid athletes to an almost criminal level for a long long time.

Who are we really to believe is at fault here?

think about it
I get it, and I understand MM's position. I just think he is fighting a losing battle. If the opinions of this forum are any indication, and his PPV numbers are any indication, then he's never gonna be the draw that he deserves to be. The overwhelming majority of MMA fans just don't give a shit about the 125 pound division. He can win over and over again, rematching the top of the division, or taking fights against the #8 guy that is the only guy left that he hasn't beaten yet, but none of that will ever make him a draw. If he wants to make bigger money, he needs to take the "superfight" and win it.

But it is a huge risk. If he takes the TJ fight and loses, they might as well close down the 125 lb weight class.

If he wins it, and then someone else like Cody is willing to come down to challenge him, he could make the most money he is ever going to make.

It's a tough decision for him, he deserves better.

But it is what it is.

It makes no sense for a Champ with a contract to be able to say no to a fight in his division simply because he wants more money. That is unprecedented.

What is your contract for other than for defenses or fights in your own division.

If the UFC was asking him to take a short notice fight, or move up to CW, or something non standard then absolutely say 'no' or 'I need more money'. But if Champs in the future can look at any potential contender offered to them in their OWN division and say either 'that guy looks dangerous' OR 'this will be a big fight', and refuse if not given more money that is just crazy. They can duck every dangerous opponent by just saying they need an amount of money more than they know the UFC will pay or just demand only the weak opponents at their contract rate.

Again someone explain what the contract is for please if we are going to accept this?

I get it, and I understand MM's position. I just think he is fighting a losing battle. If the opinions of this forum are any indication, and his PPV numbers are any indication, then he's never gonna be the draw that he deserves to be. The overwhelming majority of MMA fans just don't give a shit about the 125 pound division. He can win over and over again, rematching the top of the division, or taking fights against the #8 guy that is the only guy left that he hasn't beaten yet, but none of that will ever make him a draw. If he wants to make bigger money, he needs to take the "superfight" and win it.

But it is a huge risk. If he takes the TJ fight and loses, they might as well close down the 125 lb weight class.

If he wins it, and then someone else like Cody is willing to come down to challenge him, he could make the most money he is ever going to make.

It's a tough decision for him, he deserves better.

But it is what it is.
I don't think any of us are really In a position to say with conviction what MM actually deserves to take this fight. There are countless fighters on the roster who aren't necessarily draws but make far more than he does.

We can only speculate based on our own limited knowledge. It's fair to say that taking a super fight against an opponent of TJ's caliber, given the magnitude of the fight..he should deserve a pretty significant pay bump, maybe even a new contract..which the UFC seemed hesitant to give him.

I can understand both sides but I tend to lean towards the UFC being at fault, given their track record since the WME shift.

It makes no sense for a Champ with a contract to be able to say no to a fight in his division simply because he wants more money. That is unprecedented.

What is your contract for other than for defenses or fights in your own division.

If the UFC was asking him to take a short notice fight, or move up to CW, or something non standard then absolutely say 'no' or 'I need more money'. But if Champs in the future can look at any potential contender offered to them in their OWN division and say either 'that guy looks dangerous' OR 'this will be a big fight', and refuse if not given more money that is just crazy. They can duck every dangerous opponent by just saying they need an amount of money more than they know the UFC will pay or just demand only the weak opponents at their contract rate.

Again someone explain what the contract is for please if we are going to accept this?
There are countless contracts that were renewed based on the magnitude of the fight In question.

A lot of fighters end up with bum contracts It seems or contracts that are far less than Ideal over time due to their evolving situation.

It's definitely not as simple as "you signed the contract, live with It" Especially In this case, where It would essentially be a champ vs champ fight.

At the end of the day, money and business Is half the battle and often It has nothing to do with ducking.

Any time someone wants a pay upgrade, contract negotiation, to be paid their worth or whatever..people these days are too happy to scream duck, which is quite far from the truth.

No, they will not fight. The reason why they won't is because Cody will beat Dillashaw in the rematch, then move down and whoop Demetrious himself. Don't forget - Cody was the first to call out DJ for a fight at Flyweight, not Dillashaw. His interest will probably be reinvigorated after he reclaims his championship from TJ.

If the fight ever happens, it will be a barn burner and TJ wins.

No, they will not fight. The reason why they won't is because Cody will beat Dillashaw in the rematch, then move down and whoop Demetrious himself. Don't forget - Cody was the first to call out DJ for a fight at Flyweight, not Dillashaw. His interest will probably be reinvigorated after he reclaims his championship from TJ.
Definitely possible that Cody could beat him in the rematch, that would definitely fuck everything up. He's young. Who knows though, at this point I think TJ is the superior fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back