Mighty Mouse is just plain scared.

The point of his career being "artificial" is that he cuts weight down to a division that only exists for the expressed purpose of giving DJ a division he can be champion in. He is a great fighter who could have still competed at 135 but after on fight with Dom he went to 125 with tail between legs. It is a division that can't even have more than two title fights in a row without a repeat contender. His entire title defense legacy has been fabricated in this division. Everyone likes to say how he is being asked to fight a "bigger fighter". TJ is only like 2-3 inches taller. Weight wise they are equals, DJ could fight bantam weight with only a small weightcut. The entire division is full of people ducking 135 because they are short, not because they weigh less.

Literally all of your points are based on pure conjecture. Every single one.

Neither have I.

I've also never met anyone who's 6'9"... does that mean we should scrap the NBA?

The fact that the division exists with a lengthy roster is evidence enough, but the fact the division also maintains a highly-talented, celebrated champion with elite level skills... a guy who is consistently mentioned in p4p discussions... leaves no doubt in my mind that a 125lb division is a perfectly acceptable facet of the sport.

Also... I assume you despise boxing? Their weight classes go way lighter than 125lbs. Actually come to think of it I guess you just fast forward to the bit where the big muscly guys come in. Then turn over to WWE so you can jerk off to Triple H doing the pedigree on John Cena.

Yeah i love boxing...ever heard of Marquez, Mayweather or Pacquiao? They all started off at 130 or less and had success in much higher weight classes when they grew up.

Yeah i love boxing...ever heard of Marquez, Mayweather or Pacquiao? They all started off at 130 or less and had success in much higher weight classes when they grew up.

Yeah I think I might've heard of some of those guys... but surely as far as you're concerned they should've never been fighting in the first place? As anything less than 130lbs is just stupid.

I guess according to your morals they should've "grown up" first... and then started fighting. I suppose they might not have had the same success in that case and therefore not gone on to become legends of the sport, but hey... it's your logic.

Literally all of your points are based on pure conjecture. Every single one.
Discussing any fighters mentality is going to be conjecture moron. Why did you even click on this post if you are not willing to entertain the idea.

Yeah I think I might've heard of some of those guys... but surely as far as you're concerned they should've never been fighting in the first place? As anything less than 130lbs is just stupid.

I guess according to your morals they should've "grown up" first... and then started fighting. I suppose they might not have had the same success in that case and therefore not gone on to become legends of the sport, but hey... it's your logic.

I was in my 140s, and pure bone in high school...and then I became an adult and grew up...even though i run every day. No man in his 30s is naturally that small unless he really wants to be.

Last edited:
reading mm defenders is like listening to th aliens guy on history channel.

So a champ doesn’t defend his belt (Conor, Woolley, etc) and everyone bitches. DJ wants to defend his belt against the next fighter in his division, everyone bitches.

Conclusion, you people will bitch about anything and everything.

the fighters DJ beat at flyweight are better than the title contenders in most divisions. horiguchi, bagautinov, cejudo are world class.

and now MM is co-main to his fight. I wonder who will get payed more.
Going just by their last fight...

T.J. Dillashaw: $280,000 ($200,000 to show, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Demetrious Johnson: $460,000 ($370,000 to show, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus)

If people are going to criticize GSP, Anderson & Jones records then really MM has only beaten Joe Benavidez.

Everyone acting like he's beaten a long list of killers.

Apart from Joe B & maybe Dodson 125 is weak and possible good contenders like Cejudo got thrown to MM WAY too early before they were ready for title shots.

MM has never been the P4P GOAT.
Ignore those idiots.

Discussing any fighters mentality is going to be conjecture moron. Why did you even click on this post if you are not willing to entertain the idea.

I disagree with your conclusion but I legit lol'd at this response.

You could also say TJ is scared of moving up and testing himself against max, but instead he is trying to fight the smaller DJ. He wants to be a champ champ and prove he's the best, you do it by moving up not down

MM just wants to keep that record of beating alot of cans like khabib does

People just hate dominant champions in mma. This isn't boxing where the weight classes are only a few pounds apart at the low end. DJ is already a tiny FLW. <{hughesimpress}>

You could also say TJ is scared of moving up and testing himself against max, but instead he is trying to fight the smaller DJ. He wants to be a champ champ and prove he's the best, you do it by moving up not down

max is scared of fighting people his size

60363dfb74d1a48cbd95fba169e597b6.jpg

MM is the p4p goat in UFC . Whats so hard to understand? Even Joe Rogan and Dana have repeatedly said this. They know more than any of us....

Back