Mighty Mouse is just plain scared.

He is terrified of TJ so he fought fucking Ray Borg instead, now he is fighting someone he already beat. Why in the world would the pay him when he refuses the fight that will actually make money.

The only reason the UFC wants the fight is because they think it will sell as a 'dominant champ vs champ' headliner.

If that's the case, then MM deserves to be paid for it. He is one half of the draw. TJ fighting a nobody (like everyone claims MM is) wouldn't sell, and the UFC wouldn't be pushing for it. If they want a superfight, they have to pay for it, plain and simple.

He hasn't done anything to earn that money. He does not promote himself aside from playing video games.

I never said I would beat him up, why do all fanboys immediately scream "THEY WOULD ALL BEAT YOU UP!!!?!?!!!".

He is terrified of TJ so he fought fucking Ray Borg instead, now he is fighting someone he already beat. Why in the world would the pay him when he refuses the fight that will actually make money.

If you remember, Ray Borg missed weight too. DJ was always saying how he worries that TJ wont make weight as a reason, then when Ray Borg misses weight, he claims that TJ has no fights at 125.

TJ should move to 125 and murk sergio pettis since he's next in line. Then it's going to be TJ calling out the smaller guy. No one is saying TJ is calling out the GOAT, they're saying TJ calling out the smaller guy

He reminds of the Madden online players who avoids playing people with good records and exits the match up screen.

disclaimer - i havent played madden in about 8 years so i dont know how online head to head still works.

Sounds more like Michael Venom Page

13 cans that would annihilate you in about 4 seconds.

I find it humorous when someone so emotionally invested in someone that doesn't even know they exist takes an issue so personally they say shit like this. Another case of some creeper living vicariously through someone they've never met and likely never will. Do you have little tea-parties with stuffed animals and pretend one is DJ and hold conversations with it?

I find it humorous when someone so emotionally invested in someone that doesn't even know they exist takes an issue so personally they say shit like this. Another case of some creeper living vicariously through someone they've never met and likely never will. Do you have little tea-parties with stuffed animals and pretend one is DJ and hold conversations with it?

As often as you lick the bottom of TJs nutsack.

God damn, put this match up in any other weight class, and DJ is ducking, end of story. If Stipe wanted to fight DC at light heavy, DC looks like a ducker for not taking that fight. Don’t give me any of that, ‘who’s going to pay DJ bullshit.’ DJ needs to challenge himself to make anyone care.

TJ is the champ of his division and is willing to sacrifice to step down and take an interesting fight. If TJ misses weight, DJ does not have to fight him.

I love Mighty Mouse, I have seen every single one of his fights since Pickett. DJ is an amazing fighter who has a hall of fame career already. At this point though I am starting to lose interest in him because of his fear of TJ.

Let's remember that mighty mouse ran away from the 135 division(where he only had one loss in the UFC). He fought someone with more skill than him in Cruz and then fled the entire division. Now here we are 13 cans later, and he has the opportunity to cement himself as one of the greatest by beating the bantamweight champion (at 125 lbs) but he refuses because he is scared. DJ "couldn't" fight TJ and now suddenly he is on the same card.

Instead of the biggest fight of his career he decided to take the safe option and defend his belt against a former foe whose record since the first time they fought is 2-1. A former foe in Henry Cejudo that he already beat by TKO in the first round. Mighty Mouse is outright scared of TJ, or more so the fact that if he loses to TJ his entire storybook career that has been artificially built around him will come crashing down.

You really don't sound like a MM fan. He was undersized for BW and left when there was a division suitable for his size and is still small next to most of his opponents.

The UFC guaranteed that TJ could make weight, but told MM to prepare for Borg to be a backup if he didn't. When he opted to fight Borg, the challenger he was signed to fight already, the president of the company publicly disparaged him, so now he's not going to bend over and give them what they want.

Also, he's beaten top contenders in his weight class, the problem is that the UFC has done fuck all to promote his opponents so nobody knows how good they really are.

If he doesn’t feel the reward is worth the risk, why should he take it? To appease people like you, who will bash him anyway?

If the UFC wants to put together that fight, pay him what he wants. If not, stop going around suggesting he’s scared of taking on TJ when he’s fought guys who have beat TJ!
And TJ has beat someone that beat MM. What's your point? He's never made $2m for a fight. He doesn't have to take it, but that just shows he values money over legacy. Which is fine. It will just be an asterisk next to his accomplishments. I think he has a legitimate chance of beating TJ and want to see the fight. The UFC isn't going to pay him $2m, which only leaves him with the option of taking the fight for less money. I just can't get excited for MM vs Sergio Pettis or a rematch with Henry Cejudo. He's cleaned out the division. The fact that he wants TJ, the current 135 lbs champ, to fight someone at 125 prior to getting a title shot only makes it look worse.

And TJ has beat someone that beat MM. What's your point? He's never made $2m for a fight. He doesn't have to take it, but that just shows he values money over legacy. Which is fine. It will just be an asterisk next to his accomplishments. I think he has a legitimate chance of beating TJ and want to see the fight. The UFC isn't going to pay him $2m, which only leaves him with the option of taking the fight for less money. I just can't get excited for MM vs Sergio Pettis or a rematch with Henry Cejudo. He's cleaned out the division. The fact that he wants TJ, the current 135 lbs champ, to fight someone at 125 prior to getting a title shot only makes it look worse.

TJ has not beaten anyone that MM has lost to. So your rant is already nonsense. MM has losses to Pickett and Dom. Which one of those has TJ beat? Neither.

The point is you guys try to make it sound like he’s scared of TJ or fighting at 135 or fighting a 135 lb guy when he’s fought half of his career at that weight. It’s nonsense.

And if the UFC isn’t going to pay him, then why should he take the fight? You guys give Conor the pass, he doesn’t need to take X fight unless he makes X dollars etcetc. So, how is DJ any different? Conor is loved while DJ gets shitted on, meanwhile, DJ has defended his belt a record # of times vs most of the guys in his division. Hypocrisy is running rampant itt.

I don't think MM is scared...he's probably just looking for his best interest like most champs do...take the low risk low reward. Unless UFC offers something good if he fights TJ...I bet you he will...but until then...he's going to stay on his weight class and fight low risk opponents...

I love Mighty Mouse, I have seen every single one of his fights since Pickett. DJ is an amazing fighter who has a hall of fame career already. At this point though I am starting to lose interest in him because of his fear of TJ.

Let's remember that mighty mouse ran away from the 135 division(where he only had one loss in the UFC). He fought someone with more skill than him in Cruz and then fled the entire division. Now here we are 13 cans later, and he has the opportunity to cement himself as one of the greatest by beating the bantamweight champion (at 125 lbs) but he refuses because he is scared. DJ "couldn't" fight TJ and now suddenly he is on the same card.

Instead of the biggest fight of his career he decided to take the safe option and defend his belt against a former foe whose record since the first time they fought is 2-1. A former foe in Henry Cejudo that he already beat by TKO in the first round. Mighty Mouse is outright scared of TJ, or more so the fact that if he loses to TJ his entire storybook career that has been artificially built around him will come crashing down.
I honestly don't think he's scared of the fight but more scared to losing and "tarnishing" his legacy. As of right now he's considered P4P #1 with the most title defenses. I mean look at how people bash on BJ Penn for his losses and completely ignore his wins. The same can be said about Randy Couture. Fans care a lot about losses. I hate it, but it's true.

TJ has not beaten anyone that MM has lost to. So your rant is already nonsense. MM has losses to Pickett and Dom. Which one of those has TJ beat? Neither.

The point is you guys try to make it sound like he’s scared of TJ or fighting at 135 or fighting a 135 lb guy when he’s fought half of his career at that weight. It’s nonsense.

And if the UFC isn’t going to pay him, then why should he take the fight? You guys give Conor the pass, he doesn’t need to take X fight unless he makes X dollars etcetc. So, how is DJ any different? Conor is loved while DJ gets shitted on, meanwhile, DJ has defended his belt a record # of times vs most of the guys in his division. Hypocrisy is running rampant itt.
Alright, assumptions man. Calm the fuck down and get off of MMs dick. I've never given Conor a pass. He should have never been given the opportunities that he has had. But please don't compare the two because when it comes to PPV draw, there is no comparison to be had. When money is the subject, money in = money out. MM doesn't have that kind of leverage. Also, I was referring to Dom, who I thought TJ beat when the fight took place. I mistakenly convinced myself over time that he actually did. So my bad there.

But the point is, why does the TJ fight require a $2m payout when clearing out the entire 125 lbs division never did? He wants to talk about records and wants to be regarded as the goat. The TJ fight, whether you or MM want to admit it or not, solidifies his legacy in the eyes of most fans. He knows the UFC isn't going to pay him what he is asking, yet he continues to make the demand. Why might that be? It isn't so he can make $2m. It must be so he doesn't have to fight TJ. He fought at 135. He's defended his belt a record number of times. TJ hasn't beat anyone that good. Your entire argument would lead me to believe that MM should walk through TJ and expect the same pay as any other fight to do so. That isn't how things are playing out though.

As of right now he's considered P4P #1 with the most title defenses.

Please his sad excuse as a defense against Ray Borg only meant he padded his record a little more. UFC really perverted the idea of P4P with having MM at the top. Look at the P4P boxers of alltime and you will get a clue how that works. Hint: Quality of opponents and motivation to challenge yourself.

The top guys near all went up even several divisions and CERTAINLY never refused a challenge in their own weightclass. MM is a disgrace to be even included in p4p discussions. He is champ in the weakest division (not his fault) and does everything to avoid any real threat.

Please his sad excuse as a defense against Ray Borg only meant he padded his record a little more. UFC really perverted the idea of P4P with having MM at the top. Look at the P4P boxers of alltime and you will get a clue how that works. Hint: Quality of opponents and motivation to challenge yourself.

The top guys near all went up even several divisions and CERTAINLY never refused a challenge in their own weightclass. MM is a disgrace to be even included in p4p discussions. He is champ in the weakest division (not his fault) and does everything to avoid any real threat.
You're right, it sucks which is why I'm a huge fan of fighters like BJ, Hendo, Randy, etc. Also, you have to keep in mind that P4P is a completely made up ranking system to sell fights. Most if not all of the fighters on any p4p list won't fight each other. With that said, the Flyweight division is the least popular so I think MM needs all the help as he can get lol

13 cans that would annihilate you in about 4 seconds.

He's scared of TJ, but fought Dom. And half of his career at 135. Right.

How about the UFC pays MM what he is asking for, for that fight? They have enough to shell out 500k to CM punk, 800k to Alistair, 500k to Mark Hunt. Give MM his 1mm he's asked for. Doesn't seem that difficult.

MM was a force at 135. He was what? Easily in the top 3. He could've stayed there and kept testing himself against more developed competition, but he chose not to. And he had to fight Dom back in the day. The UFC didn't have a FW division for him to go hide in and when they created one that's exactly what he did.

Not enough people care about FLW. He'd be making more money if he was the champ at 135.

I like MM and respect his skills. Watched all his fights and enjoyed most of them myself, but he isn't anywhere near the draw of Reem, Hunt or Punk. Why the fuck would they give him 1 million? Yeah, it's not difficult to do it, but it's moronic business if they do.

As long as he knows he's missing a huge opportunity to show the world how great of a fighter he is, I don't think he should be forced to do anything. All signs point to the fact that he's okay with people doubting his ability to beat TJ. As a fan, I think he's given me reason to be one of those doubters. Only one of them wants to fight the other. Therefore, I think TJ is the better fighter.

"scared" For wanting his due payday. Everyone who agrees need to tighten their helmet and take themselves and their extra chromosome into oncoming traffic. Don't need you fucking up the gene pool further with your retardation.

I’m fine with him staying in his comfort zone but they have to stop over promoting him as p4p. Can’t have it both ways.

Kid, you didn't like him and you are just that type of hater who is ashamed to be such a ridiculous hater, so you lie and make excuses.
Most fighters do not fear any other fighter.
Some (elite) fighters also look at the business side of their careers.

DJ is one of the few that let his fights do the talking for him, and he beat everyone in his WC.
TJ is one that is running from his own top contenders, trying to see if DJ's greatness will rub on him.

And the greedy UFC just wants controversy because it sells.

Dana is aproven liar and yet you rather believe his excuses (even after he said to the world that he makes up shit) just because it fits your hater agenda.

Let us remember that Mighty Mouse moved down because much like Machida or Frankie, he was fighting at a division EVERYONE was bigger than him.
Let us remember that he fought TOP GUYS, including some that moved up and are doing very well at TJ's division.

And let us clarify that TJ, at the time he wanted to fight DJ, was not even a champion, and as such, this was NOT as big a fight as you retards claim to be.

If DJ was to move UP and fight Cody or Cruz, you know... guys TJ is trying to avoid fighting, that fight would be bigger than TJ at a division he never fought at.

Back