Mighty Mouse IS THE GOAT!

Do title fights mean more than other fights then?

If I fight the best fighter in the world, and I win, but there isn't a strap of leather on the line, it doesn't matter, no?

Absolutely they do. Anything else is just a set up to fight the best fighter in the weight class. The Champion.
MM has fought the best on the planet and he's whipped them all. MM = GOAT.

He is the current #1 P4P Fighter, but not the greatest of all time.

Edit: He is one fight with Cody Garbrandt/TJ away from it though.

thats crap, if everyone was the same weight, lets say 185 default weight, Dj would get crushed vs, GSP, DC, Jones, Stipe, Silva, Conor, Cruz, Garbrandt and countless others!

MM would tool Anderson if they were the same size

Absolutely they do. Anything else is just a set up to fight the best fighter in the weight class. The Champion.
MM has fought the best on the planet and he's whipped them all. MM = GOAT.
You've missed my point.

If Fedor fights Nogueira, and it's not for a title, but they are both in their prime during PRIDE - does that somehow minimize the level of the fight? Does that take shine off the win because a leather strap isn't up for grabs?

It's like saying Bisping beating Henderson is better than Whittaker beating Jacare, because one is for a title and one is not. That is absolute nonsense logic!

Hence why Tito Ortiz isn't the second best Light Heavyweight fighter ever. Title runs only matter when you're beating elite competition, and at least 30-40% of Demetrious' opponents at 125lbs are just meh!

Back