Social Mika Brzezinski absent from 'Morning Joe' after calling Mike Pompeo 'butt boy'

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The hits just keep on comin'. lol

Timestamped:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...orning-joe-after-calling-mike-pompeo-butt-boy

“ Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski was absent from the show Thursday morning, one day after she called Secretary of State Mike Pompeo a “wannabe dictator’s butt boy.”

“Mika has the day off with her family — a long-planned family event, which she’s sorry she’s not here because we are going to be talking about baseball most of the morning,” Brzezinski’s co-host Joe Scarborough said Thursday morning. “She’ll be back with us tomorrow.”

“Of the pathetic deflections that we just heard when he appeared on 'Fox and Friends,' was that a patriot speaking, or a wannabe dictator’s butt boy?” Brzezinski said live on-air Wednesday in reaction to an interview Pompeo gave on Fox News. “And I’m dead serious. I’m asking: Are these the words of a patriot?”

Pompeo was talking about dissident Jamal Khashoggi’s death and the presumed involvement of the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The secretary echoed Trump’s claims that “some” of what the CIA concluded could be inaccurate.

Brzezinski later apologized for the comments, saying it was a “super bad choice of words.”

The MSNBC host indicated that she did not mean to use a homophobic term, but instead meant for “butt boy” to refer to the likes of a “water boy” or “toadie,” which is someone sent to do the dirty work for their boss.

She sounds worse than Hitler.

She sounds worse than Hitler.

The whole super sensitivity in the air these days is funny compared to our society (in the USA) in the 80's when various movies featured gay slurs freely.

These days people are just...wimps.

I thought gay jokes about Trump were acceptable considering lefties have been making gay jokes about Trump for about two years now.

making-fat-and-gay-jokes-making-fat-and-gay-jokes-34810269.png

1493772016680.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole super sensitivity in the air these days is funny compared to our society (in the USA) in the 80's when various movies featured gay slurs freely.

These days people are just...wimps.

Yeah, or before that when racial slurs were frequently in movies. People were way tougher and manlier back then and didn't apologize for dehumanizing people.

So bad ass.

Don't be a buttboy TS.

edit: poor choice of words, SO SORRY.

They were simpler times...

The "progressive" SNL getting cheap laughs and mocking Trump for being gay:

trump.jpg

‘Progressive’ Liberals Can’t Stop Making Gay Jokes About Trump

But I guess as long as the #Resistance has the emotional maturity of a middle schooler who just discovered South Park, we’re stuck with this ugly, shameful, deeply irrelevant trope. Maybe in 2020 the Democrats can nominate Jimmy Kimmel and have him do a stump speech on the difference between tops and bottoms. Because if there’s any attitude that meaningfully challenges the alt-right’s gender essentialism and Trump’s fixation on hierarchies of machismo, it’s the one that says taking it up the ass makes you a submissive little bitch.

I hope that white straight women loses everything and never gets to work in tv again.

She is literally Hitler.

She's a liberal, she'll probably keep her job.

In today's orientation-neutral cultural atmosphere I would argue that making jokes about a straight guy being gay is equivalent to making jokes about a gay guy being straight.

I recall going to a bar back in the day with a group of guys, one of whom was gay and out, and several jokes being made by the gay guy about how he, too, was salivating over some hot female on the dance floor that the straight guys were eyeing.

He would say stuff (in his lispy, gay voice) like, "God, I just want a taste of that pussy. I am so hard right now."

I wouldn't exactly call it high-level comedy but it should strike anybody without a dog in the fight as entirely harmless. Anybody who is legitimately offended by people joking about Trump being gay for Putin needs to do some self-examination IMO.

'do what I say, not what I do' ....
par for the course

That's a pretty crass comment for someone on the news to say. Not to mention it's disrespectful to the secretary of state.

None of them, on either side, actually care about the morals or insensitivity or PC language that they virtue signal about on TV everyday. Homophobic and racist jokes aren't offensive when they come from your own side and are directed at your opponents that they train you to hate.

It's all just a team sport mentality these days. My side vs your side and we'll do anything to win. It's pathetic.

Back