Mike Dolce calls out "the doctor made me stop" excuse

Case by case.

Did Dern cheat yes. Without question, you can see she made no effort to get to the weight and for a grappler having an entire div' over your opponent is a massive benefit. It happens a lot not just to Dern. Til could have done it too and we used to see Rumble kill himself to hit 175. no doubt they cheat and use every excuse to get below weight-Just look at DC with the towel.

As for Yoel, I just think this guy sucks at cutting weight and is a little too big for MW while still being way way to small for LHW.

Why would you cheat and get within .2 and cost yourself a title regardless of victory for such a small advantage. Not to mention he cost himself hours of re-hydration trying to get within championship limit. I don't see the benefit to him.

not being a dick or a spelling nazi, its just a good word lol conscientious

not a fan or a hater of Dolce, I know his relative history, its funny how so many in this thread, not everyone...but I bet most of you that are so quickly discrediting him dont know half of what he knows about nutrition and/or staying fit

to what hes saying, it does have some merit....everytime that a fighter has been stopped from cutting weight by a doctor, the fight is called off, insofar as I can remember
((correct me if Im wrong)) but I dont remember a time when a fighter has been stopped by the doc from weight cut and they end up fighting at a catchweight, usually its the fighter that says he cant cut more then it becomes a catchweight ((I may be wrong here but to the best of my immediate recollection this is how it is))
A couple things:

1. Does conscious not work here as well. I do see how conscientious might be more appropriate. I'm a finance guy and a one trick pony, so my vocabulary is poor.

2. Yeah, I definitely don't have an issue with Dolce. As far as doctor stoppage vs. fighter in terms of weight cut, I am not sure. It sounds like Romero's camp is implying it was an outside influence that stopped the cut. If that is true, then at the very least, it is the first instance.

A couple things:

1. Does conscious not work here as well. I do see how conscientious might be more appropriate. I'm a finance guy and a one trick pony, so my vocabulary is poor.

2. Yeah, I definitely don't have an issue with Dolce. As far as doctor stoppage vs. fighter in terms of weight cut, I am not sure. It sounds like Romero's camp is implying it was an outside influence that stopped the cut. If that is true, then at the very least, it is the first instance.
Im not exactly a student of vocabulary myself, IMO the definition works but I dont believe its the right way to word it
in Romero's case....I believe thats part of their complaint is that the doctor didnt stop it, the AC did...before the 2 hour time they claim they were told they could have

not being a dick or a spelling nazi, its just a good word lol conscientious

not a fan or a hater of Dolce, I know his relative history, its funny how so many in this thread, not everyone...but I bet most of you that are so quickly discrediting him dont know half of what he knows about nutrition and/or staying fit

to what hes saying, it does have some merit....everytime that a fighter has been stopped from cutting weight by a doctor, the fight is called off, insofar as I can remember
((correct me if Im wrong)) but I dont remember a time when a fighter has been stopped by the doc from weight cut and they end up fighting at a catchweight, usually its the fighter that says he cant cut more then it becomes a catchweight ((I may be wrong here but to the best of my immediate recollection this is how it is))
Rumble was stopped from cutting in the fight against Vitor.....but yeah Dolce is correct in that if a fighter is deemed unfit by a doctor to cut weight, he shouldn't be allowed to fight just 24 hours later. That's common sense, don't know why people in this thread are acting like Dolce is wrong in what he's saying.

Rumble was stopped from cutting in the fight against Vitor.....but yeah Dolce is correct in that if a fighter is deemed unfit by a doctor to cut weight, he shouldn't be allowed to fight just 24 hours later. That's common sense, don't know why people in this thread are acting like Dolce is wrong in what he's saying.
youre right((if johnson's manager's version is to be believed, assuming it is)) that fight was A) quite awhile ago...long before AC's started to adopt newer rehydration rules and limits and B) in brazil so.....lol, perhaps if it had been in the US even back then the AC would not have let him fight considering the circumstances

youre right((if johnson's manager's version is to be believed, assuming it is)) that fight was A) quite awhile ago...long before AC's started to adopt newer rehydration rules and limits and B) in brazil so.....lol, perhaps if it had been in the US even back then the AC would not have let him fight considering the circumstances
Yeah technically that wasn't even a real AC since it was done in Brazil which is just an athletic commission made by the UFC that doesn't have any authority on non-UFC events in Brazil unless an org wants to go through them.

Broscience beats actual science, bro. Didnt you know that?

It's called real world experience...by people that live and breath it...you can sit in a class room, read all the books you want, but unless you live it, you know nothing...not saying you have to compete, but guys that have experience in training others. I'd take their word over some dude who just has a degree.

Lol you need a degree combined with clinical or field experience. But to discount a degree in itself is sophomoric.

Not discounting it...but having some diploma doesn't mean shit...who's word would you take...a guy who graduated and has a degree or a guy that has been training people for 10 years, has a ton of real world experience and knows what works and what doesn't..not just going by a book...

I’m in accord. Makes sense.

Dolce gets so much hate here, but he’s good at what he does.

i agree 100%

not sure if it is the case with dolce. im not saying that it is or that it isnt. he has great track record, but people on sherdog seem to hate him, and to be quite honest, 99% of the UFC roster has worked with him, but doesnt anymore, which is quite strange.
Why would you stop using the guy if its working? Do the fighters think they do a couple cuts with him and learn what they have to do and try by themselves? I have no idea.

I really dont know where i stand with dolce. He seems real shady, but his work/track records speaks for itself.

i cant get a good read on him

They probably just don't want to pay him...they probably think they can do it themselves. which might be why so many guys and girls are missing weight nowadays, cause they think they can do it themselves.

Not discounting it...but having some diploma doesn't mean shit...who's word would you take...a guy who graduated and has a degree or a guy that has been training people for 10 years, has a ton of real world experience and knows what works and what doesn't..not just going by a book...

I understand the point you're trying to convey, and it has some merit to a point. But Al and Steve at 24 hr Fitness, doesnt know about short and long term effects on the body, and are probably using a multitude of PEDs and diuretics to achieve their results.

Excuses... just be professional and make weight!!! That is what you get paid to do.

Back