Mike Dolce deadlift

I hate gymbros like you who think you have to be perfectly straight when deadlifting.

The best deadlifters round their upper back......Facts r Facts....If you're not bending, you suck.

Nah...these are power lifters—what’s their main objective? Lifting the most weight possible.

If you are training in order to compete in something other than pushing weight, risking injury is super dumb.

And if you’re not getting PAID to lift heavy weights, risking injury in the gym so that you look cool is full-retard level...

Agree dude. Powerlifting helps, but certainly not everything.
It's good assistance...which is why fighters do them.

However if you increase your bench/squats/deadlifts to elite level...That doesn't mean you are going to be strong in MMA/Grappling situations.

Ben Askren for example...I doubt he lifts very much...I bet you other MMA fighters lift way more in squats/bench/deadlifts yet ben askren will feel way stronger.

Yeah but if you hear the talk in sherdog....You have to be perfectly straight or else it's "snapcity".

Just trying to educate people on what is the reality...tired of that bullshit myth.

They probably don't lift.

I am a powerlifter (average at best), but know a thing or two about lifting technique.

Nah...these are power lifters—what’s their main objective? Lifting the most weight possible.

If you are training in order to compete in something other than pushing weight, risking injury is super dumb.

And if you’re not getting PAID to lift heavy weights, risking injury in the gym so that you look cool is full-retard level...
Keeping a perfectly straight back while deadlifting....It's not natural IMO and will put people more in risk.

Deadlifts are worthless...Ferguson will still fuck em up hard.

Tony Ferguson has true grappling strength...How much u bench/deadlift/squat does not make you stronger in that.
sounds like you've never lifted a weight in your life

you're clueless

However if you increase your bench/squats/deadlifts to elite level...That doesn't mean you are going to be strong in MMA/Grappling situations.

Ben Askren for example...I doubt he lifts very much...I bet you other MMA fighters lift way more in squats/bench/deadlifts yet ben askren will feel way stronger.

Kurt Angle used to throw about Mark Henry.

Henry held world records in powerlifting and was about 180 lbs heavier.

giphy.gif
that dude
<DisgustingHHH>

However if you increase your bench/squats/deadlifts to elite level...That doesn't mean you are going to be str ong in MMA/Grappling situations.

well this is much better articulated and i agree

you know more than i thought

your first post was terribly worded and easy to take out of context

You can bend your back if you have a belt. Otherwise injuries may ensue.

Not true. You flex your core hard like you're trying to take a massive dump that won't come out. That's what really prevents injury...it's also why you try to crap before you lift. If you're even able to keep your back totally straight, you're not lifting much weight.

Deadlifts are worthless...Ferguson will still fuck em up hard.

Tony Ferguson has true grappling strength...How much u bench/deadlift/squat does not make you stronger in that.

Mike Dolce was an undefeated and promising MMA fighter, before he decided to pursue the science of weight cutting.
He would have easily been a Top 5 guy, maybe even champ, but he chose a more reliable career instead.

Yo Tomas, you should step in the cage with buddy and be on the receiving end of a brutal stoppage LOL

bro judging by that kick I would probably get dropped real fuckin quick and the referee would probably let me skate around the octagon for a few minutes before i go out cold

I prefer hook grip to avoid a bicep injury

bro judging by that kick I would probably get dropped real fuckin quick and the referee would probably let me skate around the octagon for a few minutes before i go out cold

Bro your fucking responses crack me up

TOMAS A LEGEND

Dude is strong as fuck. It remains to be seen how much it helps in the fighting game. I guess improving your core strength would be a positive. Anyway it's pretty impressive.

Back