Mike Dolce deadlift

You're the worst poster we've had around here for a while

Kinda sucks that he got banned already. Prob could have advised a bunch of guys to some really good UFC careers.

Two identical twins with same level of grappling technique. One of them power lifts while the other does not power lift. Guess witch one is going to have an advantage when they go against each other?

Is the other twin lazy? Or do they train the same hours?

If so.. What does the other twin fill the lifting time with? More grappling? Body weight training?

Is the other twin lazy? Or do they train the same hours?

If so.. What does the other twin fill the lifting time with? More grappling? Body weight training?
The other twin just posts on Sherdog, bitching about how power lifting doesn’t do anything.

Then the comparison dont make sense anyway
The hypothetical situation in really simple to understand. I really don’t understand why you can’t get my point.

They are both equal in skill, and know the same techniques, but one of them started power lifting after BJJ classes while the other twin goes home. If these two compete against each other, then the power lifting twin is going to have the advantage and has a better chance at winning.

Dude is strong as fuck. It remains to be seen how much it helps in the fighting game. I guess improving your core strength would be a positive. Anyway it's pretty impressive.

Not just core strength, grip, hamstrings, glutes, bit of quads, lower back and upper back all get strengthened.

The hypothetical situation in really simple to understand. I really don’t understand why you can’t get my point.

They are both equal in skill, and know the same techniques, but one of them started power lifting after BJJ classes while the other twin goes home. If these two compete against each other, then the power lifting twin is going to have the advantage and has a better chance at winning.

Yes but mostly because he trains more. The human body have a limit to how much you can train.

If both twins trained the same amout, but one trained power lift instead of just grappling, i am dont think it would have gone they way you claim.

Twin A does grappling 100% of his training time.

Twin B does 70 % grappling, and 30 % power lifting.

A is a better and more technical grapper. B is a legit grappler. Not quite as good as B. But he is stronger and better at lifting heavy stuff..

Yes but mostly because he trains more. The human body have a limit to how much you can train.
True, however I think most people underestimate of how much the human body can endure.
Look at sailors at hell week at underwater demolition school.
It all comes down to how much discipline you have.

If both twins trained the same amout, but one trained power lift instead of just grappling, i am dont think it would have gone they way you claim.

Twin A does grappling 100% of his training time.

Twin B does 70 % grappling, and 30 % power lifting.

A is a better and more technical grapper. B is a legit grappler. Not quite as good as B. But he is stronger and better at lifting heavy stuff..

I never debated against that. More grappling is always better than powerlifting, but powerlifting does help out, especially when you hit a temporary plateau on skill development.

Last edited:
Strength is bit overrated for striking. I guess it has some application for grappling but I still feel nothing beats skill training. Then again, I had a fellow bench me out of control which is hilarious since I am not a small guy.

Strength is bit overrated for striking. I guess it has some application for grappling but I still feel nothing beats skill training. Then again, I had a fellow bench me out of control which is hilarious since I am not a small guy.

The point is that 1h of proper strength work a week will improve all your technique.

If strength wasnt a factor then noone would be roiding to get a advantage.
Just look at trtor vs dad bod vitor.

Usually people who argue against this are weak people who need to argue that being weak is not a disadvatage.

The point is that 1h of proper strength work a week will improve all your technique.

If strength wasnt a factor then noone would be roiding to get a advantage.
Just look at trtor vs dad bod vitor.

Usually people who argue against this are weak people who need to argue that being weak is not a disadvatage.

Lol exactly strength makes a difference, which is one of the reasons why there is weight classes.
You really think Brock lesnar does much skill training? You think he was more skilled than Mir?! You think Nagano was more skilled than overeem?! No they weren’t but they were able to use their physical advantages to their advantage, which was primarily power and strength in both cases.

And those examples are one of many, plenty more examples than that. All the top fighters and athletes do some type of strength or resistance work.

Put some Slayer on the speakers ffs. I don’t know how you guys work out to that rap shit.

It's hard to believe that some are arguing that strength training doesn't help fighters.

Lol exactly strength makes a difference, which is one of the reasons why there is weight classes.
You really think Brock lesnar does much skill training? You think he was more skilled than Mir?! You think Nagano was more skilled than overeem?! No they weren’t but they were able to use their physical advantages to their advantage, which was primarily power and strength in both cases.

And those examples are one of many, plenty more examples than that. All the top fighters and athletes do some type of strength or resistance work.

Agree fully bro

58731.jpg

Is that u ?

if so, shitttt, better hope usada doesnt knock

- This. Usada wold flag Frode. But would let guys with deformed faces from Dynepo and GH abuse compete in the rigorously tested events!

BTW. Nothing against you. I just wantad to bash Usada without having to post on the heavys!:D

I believe strength training does help, but it’s only a small portion of the pie.

Now I want pie. <{afrobol}>

My whole premise was strength isn't as important for striking than grappling. What Francis has in terms of knockout power isn't from strength training. You need Skill, Cardio and Strength in order to be successful as a striker. I believe Strength is the least important out of those 3 but it doesn't mean it is a all or nothing approach. Lifting weights aren't bad but you really don't need to lift a lot of weights to get sufficient strength in order to compete.
You can bring up guys like Vitor but he gets extra help. Do you think he can lift weights and also train properly without the extra help?

Back