Mike Goldberg Made Joe Rogan Look Good - We Now See the holes and Amateurish

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Mike Goldberg was so bad he made Joe Rogan look good.

Now that Joe is with professionals who do their research we're seeing Rogans holes and how amateurish he is.

Goldberg was the shit period

It's not a case of 'you'll miss me when I'm gone'
I loved that dude

Holes? Oh man.

Did you wake up this morning all excited to make a thread on sherbro about Mr. Rogan's commentary skills?

giphy.gif

Stann (despite his dryness) had made Joe look bad with his commentary for years. Rogan does very little research pre-fight except smoke weed and OD on alpha brain. He usually times his UFC gig with stand up shows so he's likely spending more time working on his material than learning about the fighters beforehand. He mostly relies on his knowledge as a hardcore fight fan.

Now that Joe is with professionals who do their research we're seeing Rogans holes and how amateurish he is.
you telling me weed and alpha brain is not research?

Nah, Rogan knows his shit. It's just this place is full of retards who think saying something wrong or dumb every now and again makes you an idiot overall.

Nah, Rogan knows his shit. It's just this place is full of retards who think saying something wrong or dumb every now and again makes you an idiot overall.
Precisely. The guy has called well over 1000 fights. Of course he's going to fuck up from time to time. Some people just like to concentrate on peoples flaws instead of taking the good with the bad.

Been saying this for YEARS. In fact if you remember, Joe would occasional do broadcasts with Phil Baroni and Randy Couture and even back then Joe just sounded like a white belt. I don't know why the UFC were so dependent on Joe for technical analysis when he hasn't thought once in the cage.

I'm not shitting on Joe because he serves a purpose, but they need a fighters perspective on these commentaries. Even Jimmy Smith has an MMA record and it shows in in his commentary.

Last edited:
Goldberg was the shit period

It's not a case of 'you'll miss me when I'm gone'
I loved that dude

Fucking this.

Dude was the voice of the company - they still play his "AND IT'S ALL OVER" soundbites wherever possible because they know he had the "big time" sound that they have been missing ever since he left.

Not only that he was a good guy that knew the fighters he was talking about and spoke with more passion in the prelims than Anik can muster in a main event.

Glad he's making money at Bellator... Broke my heart to see him in the crowd as a fan to watch BJ lose just after he'd been fired.

War Goldie.

d8PbdxC.gif

<Goldie11>

Fucking this.

Dude was the voice of the company - they still play his "AND IT'S ALL OVER" soundbites wherever possible because they know he had the "big time" sound that they have been missing ever since he left.

Not only that he was a good guy that knew the fighters he was talking about and spoke with more passion in the prelims than Anik can muster in a main event.

Glad he's making money at Bellator... Broke my heart to see him in the crowd as a fan to watch BJ lose just after he'd been fired.

War Goldie.

d8PbdxC.gif

<Goldie11>

Preach

FUCKING PREACH

Even at his worst... was it that bad?
Ohhh he made some bad analogys here and there..
It's still better than watching the uncomfortableness of Cruz trying to out alpha everyone including the LHW champ
Or anik constantly talking about betting lines

Plus what's a bit of meth between the boys

He was always fired up

Glad to see a lot of posters supporting Goldie my thoughts are virtually identical .
<Goldie11>

He never knew what he was talking about, he for years commentated on a sport he clearly had no knowledge of and he never seemed to get anymore knowledge on that sport... but truth be told he always seemed like he was having fun.

That's more than I can say for most of the new commentary team.

I wasn't a big Goldberg fan, but I remember warning people about complaining about him so much. I remember telling people that they could replace him with someone worse than him and they did.

That said, Goldberg didn't know what he was talking about a lot. It's possible that he made Rogan look better than he was, but the main things I miss are "and here we go" and "It's all over". That's pretty much it.

Goldberg, like Rogan should've stayed because he was one of 2 voices of the UFC. He was a long time part of the brand and they let him go. Kinda sad.

Preach

FUCKING PREACH

Even at his worst... was it that bad?
Ohhh he made some bad analogys here and there..
It's still better than watching the uncomfortableness of Cruz trying to out alpha everyone including the LHW champ
Or anik constantly talking about betting lines

Absolutely... Awkward is the perfect word - they basically turned their commentary booth from an experienced and popular team into an interchangeable podcast sounding group of dudes who take head hits for a living trying to sound better than the next one.

What made Joe and Mike so great together was their chemistry, but when Joe wasn't working from time to time and Goldberg was doing international shows with Stann, Mike still had the sound that made the events seem that but more exciting... You don't always need a pro explains the intricacies of moves when you're putting on a major show - sometimes you just want an "and it's all over" and a dude saying the first thing that comes into his head to make up airtime...

He was so giving to Joe... Just did his job and let Joe do the colour... Just like Steve and Bas.

Stann (despite his dryness) had made Joe look bad with his commentary for years. Rogan does very little research pre-fight except smoke weed and OD on alpha brain. He usually times his UFC gig with stand up shows so he's likely spending more time working on his material than learning about the fighters beforehand. He mostly relies on his knowledge as a hardcore fight fan.

It shows.

Back