Mike Pence wasted nearly $250,000 of taxpayer money on a political stunt

This is a completely ridiculous topic. All the cost is in Airforce One, which every president and vice president uses for transportation.

The actual cost of the game is minuscule.

You can make the same thread on Obama. "Obama spends $250,000 to play golf!". Well that $250,000 is all just in air travel for the president/vice-president.

Whenever the president/vice president use Air Force One jets it costs a lot of money, regardless if their ties are red or blue.

We can thank Trump for being a leader and bringing the issue to the forefront.

I think most of the kneelers are gonna stand for the national anthem. That is one of the few things that can unite us.
It's not really an issue in the first place and forcing people to do things they don't want to do is not unification. Sure they may stand after, but will the race divide be any better? Or will it allow people to just go back to sticking their head in the sand.

It's not really an issue in the first place and forcing people to do things they don't want to do is not unification. Sure they may stand after, but will the race divide be any better? Or will it allow people to just go back to sticking their head in the sand.
I'd say what does disrespecting the national anthem have to do with racism?

I'd say protest some other way. Instead of some way that's gonna offend a whole lot of people who fought or lost loved ones fighting for our country.

It may help these players actually get down to a solution for whatever their cause is too.

Fucking disgrace...He's a POS.

So they waste 250k of our fucking money so they can further divide our country over some fucking football player taking a knee?

This is the pussiest administration of our time.

I'd say what does disrespecting the national anthem have to do with racism?

I'd say protest some other way. Instead of some way that's gonna offend a whole lot of people who fought or lost loved ones fighting for our country.

It may help these players actually get down to a solution for whatever their cause is too.
- They aren't disrespecting the anthem though. They are protesting during it.
- Why protest some other way? It is a great protest. It is visible, non violent, and doesn't interfere with peoples going about their lives like blocking traffic. Every time someone protests people with opposing views complain. Face it.... you don't want them to find a better way to protest, you want them to stop all together.
- Being forced to do something will alienate more people.

- They aren't disrespecting the anthem though. They are protesting during it.
- Why protest some other way? It is a great protest. It is visible, non violent, and doesn't interfere with peoples going about their lives like blocking traffic. Every time someone protests people with opposing views complain. Face it.... you don't want them to find a better way to protest, you want them to stop all together.
- Being forced to do something will alienate more people.
Honestly, I'm not sure what their message is.

I pretty much know Colin Kaepernick's protest message. He does not like the USA, thinks the cops should be killed. I've seen what he supports along with his girlfriend, so I'm not impressed.

This is a completely ridiculous topic. All the cost is in Airforce One, which every president and vice president uses for transportation.

The actual cost of the game is minuscule.

You can make the same thread on Obama. "Obama spends $250,000 to play golf!". Well that $250,000 is all just in air travel for the president/vice-president.

Whenever the president/vice president use Air Force One jets it costs a lot of money, regardless if their ties are red or blue.

I think you missed the point. He wasted money flying to a game he fully intended on walking out of for a political media stunt

Honestly, I'm not sure what their message is.

I pretty much know Colin Kaepernick's protest message. He does not like the USA, thinks the cops should be killed. I've seen what he supports along with his girlfriend, so I'm not impressed.
I would say he is unhappy and angry with the race relations in your country.

"Football games are not the venue for protests!"
*Pence protests at a football game*
"Finally someone stands up to these ingrates!"

<Lmaoo>

I think you missed the point. He wasted money flying to a game he fully intended on walking out of for a political media stunt
I think you missed the point. Whether he stayed at the game or not, $250000 was spent.

The $250000 isn't refunded if he stays at the game or not.

I would say he is unhappy and angry with the race relations in your country.
Then he should do something positive to help race relations. Instead he does things like this. And fans are tired of it.

kaepsocks2.jpg

I still haven't figured how the act of kneeling and facing a flag represents disrespect.

If you gave anyone a choice of standing or kneeling in front of someone/something and you ask them which one shows more respect then the answer would obviously be kneeling. It is an act that is partly reverence and submissive. You do it holy establishments of religion to offer and receive prayers or show respect to people/symbols.

But in the US it's considered blasphemy because the anthem is played before every sports. But we don't care that there are people milling in and out of stadiums to buy food,drinks goto the bathroom and NASCAR drivers until several years ago sat in their fukkin' cars while the anthem was being played and no one said shit about it for eons.

The only reason standing up became respectful is because people are generally sitting down during at stadium waiting for the game to start.

RESPECT LEVEL:

Kneeling > Standing > Sitting

But people don't have time for logic or reasoning and just wanna bitch because well... they're fuckin' bitches...

I still haven't figured how the act of kneeling and facing a flag represents disrespect.

If you gave anyone a choice of standing or kneeling in front of someone/something and you ask them which one shows more respect then the answer would obviously be kneeling. It is an act that is partly reverence and submissive. You do it holy establishments of religion to offer and receive prayers or show respect to people/symbols.

But in the US it's considered blasphemy because the anthem is played before every sports. But we don't care that there are people milling in and out of stadiums to buy food,drinks goto the bathroom and NASCAR drivers until several years ago sat in their fukkin' cars while the anthem was being played and no one said shit about it for eons.

The only reason standing up became respectful is because people are generally sitting down during at stadium waiting for the game to start.

RESPECT LEVEL:

Kneeling > Standing > Sitting

But people don't have time for logic or reasoning and just wanna bitch because well... they're fuckin' bitches...
Kaepernick started it. He was not showing reverence to the flag.

This is the guy that tweeted that he had to get out of the USA and go to Africa over July 4th Independence Day.

Sorry man. Pence went home to Indiana on Saturday night. Peyton Manning was honored before the game. Pence flew in for that. This was Pence's home state. He didn't

I'm sure Obama flew in for at least a couple hours to throw out a first pitch. Obama may not have even spent the night back in his home state.

GIF%20ONE%20Obama%20Nats%20Park.gif

You'll defend these guys no matter what, even when the President tells you why they did it. He straight up told everyone on twitter that he sent Pence there for the express purpose of leaving the game if the 49ers kneeled, which he knew they would.

Damn, you have no conviction whatsoever.

Kaepernick started it. He was not showing reverence to the flag.

This is the guy that tweeted that he had to get out of the USA and go to Africa over July 4th Independence Day.

That is not true. He originally just sat down (and had he continued that then that would have shown disrespect as a US American) but after talking to Nate Boyer he opted to kneel and show more respect (to US military, the flag and the anthem) while still displaying his protest to the oppression he sees happening to black people in America.

No one really cared until other athletes starting doing it.

Regardless of whether you agree with his message or not, kneeling in front of a flag or anything is NOT a sign of disrespect.

That is not true. He originally just sat down (and had he continued that then that would have shown disrespect as a US American) but after talking to Nate Boyer he opted to kneel and show more respect (to US military, the flag and the anthem) while still displaying his protest to the oppression he sees happening to black people in America.

No one really cared until other athletes starting doing it.

Regardless of whether you agree with his message or not, kneeling in front of a flag or anything is NOT a sign of disrespect.
Kaepernick is very anti-American so I don't buy that he was showing reverence to the flag.

This is the guy that can't bear to be in the USA during July 4th. He had to go to Africa during the birthday of our country.

You'll defend these guys no matter what, even when the President tells you why they did it. He straight up told everyone on twitter that he sent Pence there for the express purpose of leaving the game if the 49ers kneeled, which he knew they would.

Damn, you have no conviction whatsoever.
Sorry, but Pence went to the game for Peyton. Many articles say this.

You're a disgrace. The death of your countrymen isn't worth a few dollars?

If you think those hearings were about the attacks, you're an even bigger partisan hack than jvs

Sorry, but Pence went to the game for Peyton. Many articles say this.
Screenshot_2017_10_08_14.32.12.png

The statue unveiling ceremony for Manning was open to the public, and was held the day before, and the ceremony of his jersey being retired was at HALFTIME. Pence did not need to buy a ticket, in a sky box no less, to support Manning.

You will defend these hacks no matter how far you have to pretzel twist. No conviction.

Back