Mike Pence wasted nearly $250,000 of taxpayer money on a political stunt

Screenshot_2017_10_08_14.32.12.png

The statue unveiling ceremony for Manning was open to the public, and was held the day before, and the ceremony of his jersey being retired was at HALFTIME. Pence did not need to buy a ticket, in a sky box no less, to support Manning.

You will defend these hacks no matter how far you have to pretzel twist. No conviction.
I didn't know the Peyton Manning ceremony was at halftime. But I believe that Pence would have stayed for that ceremony had the players not kneeled for the national anthem.

This article was written on the friday before the sunday game. Pence was going to the game to celebrate Peyton. http://cbs4indy.com/2017/10/06/vice-president-pence-to-attend-colts-game-on-sunday/
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/10/06/vice-president-pence-to-attend-colts-game-on-sunday/
Vice President Mike Pence is headed to Indianapolis to attend the Colts game and Peyton Manning’s halftime ceremony.

The Vice President is traveling to Las Vegas on Saturday, where he will participate in a unity prayer walk.

After the walk, he will travel to Indianapolis in preparation for Sunday’s game against the 49ers at 1:00 p.m.

Following the game, Pence will travel to California where he will participate in a tax reform event.

He will also attend a space council event while in California.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/10/06/vice-president-pence-to-attend-colts-game-on-sunday/
Vice President Mike Pence is headed to Indianapolis to attend the Colts game and Peyton Manning’s halftime ceremony.

The Vice President is traveling to Las Vegas on Saturday, where he will participate in a unity prayer walk.

After the walk, he will travel to Indianapolis in preparation for Sunday’s game against the 49ers at 1:00 p.m.

Following the game, Pence will travel to California where he will participate in a tax reform event.

He will also attend a space council event while in California.

And did he attend the halftime ceremony? No. Why did he do this? If you believe the President, he did so left because he was asked to do so.

And did he attend the halftime ceremony? No. Why did he do this? If you believe the President, he did so left because he was asked to do so.
Pence saw the players kneeling, so he boycotted that game.

Pence serves the US Constitution and this great country, and he's convicted to not stay at that game because of it.

Pence saw the players kneeling, so he boycotted that game.

Pence serves the US Constitution and this great country, and he's convicted to not stay at that game because of it.

It was carefully planned, and known in advance that he would not stay for the game. The media was even tipped off about it. The president told him to leave if there was kneeling beforehand. He had to have known the 49ers would kneel, and yet went anyway, at the tune of a quarter million dollars. He took a stand over something he knew would happen in the pretense of being at that game for another reason.

It's pathetic, and you still defend this. Unbelievable.

It was carefully planned, and known in advance that he would not stay for the game. The media was even tipped off about it. The president told him to leave if there was kneeling beforehand. He had to have known the 49ers would kneel, and yet went anyway, at the tune of a quarter million dollars. He took a stand over something he knew would happen in the pretense of being at that game for another reason.

It's pathetic, and you still defend this. Unbelievable.
You're just mad that he protested and left the game. And that's fine.

Pence did nothing wrong, he's allowed to go back home, go to a game, observe some football players, maybe stay for a ceremony for his player, and he's also allowed to make a statement in protest by walking out on some athletes disrespecting the national anthem.

I'm glad Pence did it. Now the NFL released a statement by roger goodell saying that players should stand for the anthem. I think that's good.

You're just mad that he protested and left the game. And that's fine.

Pence did nothing wrong, he's allowed to go back home, go to a game, observe some football players, maybe stay for a ceremony for his player, and he's also allowed to make a statement in protest by walking out on some athletes disrespecting the national anthem.

I'm glad Pence did it. Now the NFL released a statement by roger goodell saying that players should stand for the anthem. I think that's good.

He didn't stay to support his player!! Do you not get that?! He spent a quarter of a million dollars on a planned political stun in which he failed to do the thing he claimed to have gone to the game for in the first place!!

And you not only dont find this insanely petty and pathetic, you support it!! Zero fucking conviction. If Hussein Obama did anything like this, you'd cover your outhouse in shit!!

He didn't stay to support his player!! Do you not get that?! He spent a quarter of a million dollars on a planned political stun in which he failed to do the thing he claimed to have gone to the game for in the first place!!

And you not only dont find this insanely petty and pathetic, you support it!! Zero fucking conviction. If Hussein Obama did anything like this, you'd cover your outhouse in shit!!
Pence is a politician, most of what they do traveling is about making a statement. And I think it was a great statement. And 2 days later, you got Roger goodell saying that the players should be standing for the anthem.

Pence is a politician, most of what they do traveling is about making a statement. And I think it was a great statement. And 2 days later, you got Roger goodell saying that the players should be standing for the anthem.

I thought meaningless grandstanding and political horseshit like this was precisely what Trump came to office to get rid of. I thought wasting taxpayer dollars on high class shit for politicians was the swamp.

Will you betray any ethic or conviction on hand in order to obfuscate for these hacks?

@ripskater is a troll account. Please try to keep that in mind.

I thought meaningless grandstanding and political horseshit
It's not meaningless. When a good portion of your country, the left, won't stand for the national anthem or supports not standing for it, then our country has a problem.

It needs addressed.

It's not meaningless. When a good portion of your country, the left, won't stand for the national anthem or supports not standing for it, then our country has a problem.

It needs addressed.

So it took 250,000 dollars of taxpayer money to do so? He clearly lied in saying he was there for Peyton Manning when even the fake news press was tipped off, and the president told him to leave if they knelt, which he knew was going to happen.

You are a dishonest sycophant, and you support someone who says they're there for Peyton Manning, and cant even go through with it because some dummies knelt.

So it took 250,000 dollars of taxpayer money to do so? He clearly lied in saying he was there for Peyton Manning when even the fake news press was tipped off, and the president told him to leave if they knelt, which he knew was going to happen.

You are a dishonest sycophant, and you support someone who says they're there for Peyton Manning, and cant even go through with it because some dummies knelt.
I believe he was there for Peyton Manning. But he also had a plan B. And since the players kneeled for the anthem, plan B went into place. And it was successful. 2 days later and the NFL commisioner is telling the players that they should stand for the anthem because the kneeling is too divisive.

“Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem,” Goodell wrote. “It is an important moment in our game,” Goodell wrote. “We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.”

I think you missed the point. Whether he stayed at the game or not, $250000 was spent.

The $250000 isn't refunded if he stays at the game or not.
No, you're still missing the point.
It's not just the cost, it's the WASTE. No reasonable person expects the president and VP to just sit in the Oval office for 4~8 years without ever going out. We know it costs money for them to go out and do stuff. That's fine. There is no getting around that.
Going to the game would have been fine.
But he wasted taxpayer money to pull a political stunt. He knew he wasn't going to stay, so why did he waste the time and money? Do that shit on your own dime

No, you're still missing the point.
It's not just the cost, it's the WASTE. No reasonable person expects the president and VP to just sit in the Oval office for 4~8 years without ever going out. We know it costs money for them to go out and do stuff. That's fine. There is no getting around that.
Going to the game would have been fine.
But he wasted taxpayer money to pull a political stunt. He knew he wasn't going to stay, so why did he waste the time and money? Do that shit on your own dime
Pence would have stayed if the players did not kneel. He would have at least stayed for his player Peyton Manning being honored at halftime.

I believe he was there for Peyton Manning. But he also had a plan B. And since the players kneeled for the anthem, plan B went into place. And it was successful. 2 days later and the NFL commisioner is telling the players that they should stand for the anthem because the kneeling is too divisive.

“Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem,” Goodell wrote. “It is an important moment in our game,” Goodell wrote. “We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.”

He knew the 49ers would kneel, as they have said they would every week. It's amazing to me, your sycophantic obfuscation of a clear case of political grandstanding on the taxpayer dime. You have a gaping deficit in character, considering anyone who frequents these boards knows you would lose your shit if Hussein Obama did anything like this.

This is extremely pathetic on your part.

He knew the 49ers would kneel, as they have said they would every week. It's amazing to me, your sycophantic obfuscation of a clear case of political grandstanding on the taxpayer dime. You have a gaping deficit in character, considering anyone who frequents these boards knows you would lose your shit if Hussein Obama did anything like this.

This is extremely pathetic on your part.
You never know for sure which teams will be instructed to start standing again. The 9er's were likely to kneel, yes. But in case they did show respect to the flag and anthem, Pence went to the game and would have stayed for the Manning ceremony.

Pence would have stayed if the players did not kneel. He would have at least stayed for his player Peyton Manning being honored at halftime.
He fucking knew that they were going to kneel beforehand
They had already been doing it. Did he think it would stop because he was there?
Why am I talking to a troll?
Shutup, troll.
<codychoke>

He fucking knew that they were going to kneel beforehand
They had already been doing it. Did he think it would stop because he was there?
Why am I talking to a troll?
Shutup, troll.
<codychoke>
Some teams have already started standing again. Watch this sunday, more will be standing. Maybe even the 9ers.

Back