Mike tyson shadowboxing (Age 15)

Learn to post, tardboy.

tenor.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I get it because he requoted and put the different words AHAHAHAHAHH HAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re a disappointment.

I agree Roy would have adapted the best of the three, no doubt in my mind he would have been a huge star and a champ at some point. Many MMA fans salivate over Olympic wrestlers in MMA but fail to understand alot of these boxers like Roy and Mayweather were Olympic medalists in their TEENS.

Roy is the best physically to move over to MMA. Floyd would be by far the best all around to move over though. He had a way better chin, was much smarter and would be more dedicated. Thats why despite having probably less potential then Tyson and Jones, he still had a better career then both of them combined

Sylvia threw a kick - that ends any argument of 'Oh fuck, thought it was boxing' right there and then.

True enough. So call it a kickboxing match. He never showed any sign of grappling.

If you're fighting a boxer, you should go for the takedown right away.

I always liked Tyson, my favorite in Boxing, but he is overrated..

tenor.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I get it because he requoted and put the different words AHAHAHAHAHH HAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re a disappointment.

You put your response to my post in the box. Posters never put their response in the box. Never.

74618-folks-all-blowed-up-boston-you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard-jpg

I always felt that Roy would have adapted wonderfully. Such an athlete, his footwork and reactions.... he would have been very hard to get a hold of, and he seemed smart enough to pick up jits to a degree capable of sweeping or scrambling back up.
Mayweather is obviously a great athlete, but the lack of hurting power in his hands, and the speed of 145lb wrestlers makes me think he had better become very good at jits.

Prime Floyd was physically faster then any MMA fighter. Most people know him when he was past his prime and much slower (but still the best), but back when he was Pretty Boy Floyd, he was scary fast. Also as the Conor Boxing match showed us, Floyd has more power in his hands then one of the most powerful LW punchers in MMA. In MMA Floyd would have crazy power. Floyd also had better footwork the Roy did

As far as i'm concerned prime Tyson was the most spectacular fighter i ever watched , all fighting sports included. The guy was simply incredible

Was also the most scary to me. There was no man on the planet i woudn't have fucked up with than Iron Mike. The dude was not only a KO machine but he was also crazy as fuck. That's a scary scary combo.

While generally boxers would lose to grapplers you are underestimating physical strength and athleticism. I had a blue belt in BJJ at 17 and an amateur boxing record and won 3 amateur MMA fights (without losing) and almost certainly at that time I'd have been killed by a Manny Pacquiao even in MMA. There is a reason guys like Ngannou can win up the roster without being particularly skilled. They'd lose to all the strikers in striking, lose to all the grapplers in grappling but can win in fighting due to natural ability.

In general boxing gyms are way nastier and have way more "real" fighters (people who would fight you in the street), however as far as in an MMA match... the boxer's hope would be slim to none unless they had prior experience grappling/size + strength advantage.

Physical strength is useless if you don't know how to use it, how to defend against it, how to defend against somebody who can use your own strength against you(I can go on all day because that's how limited these punch-guys are). That's why I know you're not a BJJ competitor. You would know this.

Even worse is Mike Tyson wasn't even physically strong in his own sport in the grappling department, in fact he was very weak. In fact he was very weak for his own size in his own sport. I've seen all of his fights, the guy is always pushed around in the clinch and man handled easily. And even worse, boxing grappling actually sets them up to get taken down even easier. The first thing they do is give up underhooks in that sport. LOL. Again, it's child's play dude.

That's why I don't even see him stopping takedowns from trained young children let alone trained adults, let alone word class MMA. Tyson wouldn't eat these children, they'd eat him alive.

Last edited:
One funny thing is that Holmes didnt wait to punch Berbick... He kicked him straight away...

Well he was running on a car. Would be kinda hard to punch him from the top of the car

Also he did punch Berbick

My favorite Tyson gif, and it didn't even finish the fight. Just looks awesome. I remember one fight he didn't even walk out to music, just loud scary sounds lol. A Tyson fight was an event unlike any other.

1319215840_mike_tyson_uppercut.gif

Royce had a hard time with kimo leopoldo or whatever his last name is.

Yet Mike is far more superior than Kimo who injured Royce Gracie using brute strength. Royce beat kimo but was too exhausted to fight Keith hackney.

Mike Tyson had an amazing chance of beating Royce based on his physicality and reputation.

Another thing about Tyson is the mystique never ends, unlike Fedor. You can argue that Holyfield and Lennox Lewis were better but their primes have come and gone. Nobody talks about them any more. Tyson’s prime was even BEFORE theirs yet his name lives on forever. People have been talking about him for 30 years non stop. He’s on par with Ali in terms of immortality. Even surpasses Foreman and Frazer. People imagine how he would do in MMA. Nobody gives a fuck about Lennox Lewis. Tyson is the man.

even Tyson acknowledges that he would have been out of his element and not beat guys like Royce, unless he trained extensively to develop a ground game.

still, I am not sure many MMA fighters would have relished looking across the cage and seeing a young, hungry Mike Tyson lol - saying Tyson would only have a "pucher's chance" would be doing him a disservice.
The one guy where 'Punchers chance' meant a 50/50 fight.

A Tyson fight was an event unlike any other.

Not really. In his "prime" his fights were against guys that were not that great. When he finally started fighting great boxers, he was a mental mess. A real event unlike any other is when you got the two best and most polarizing in the world facing off. Like Ali vs Frazier/Foreman

Yet Mike is far more superior than Kimo who injured Royce Gracie using brute strength.

Kimo put up a great fight because he was 250LBs and had a wrestling background. I don't see the comparison

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back