Mike tyson shadowboxing (Age 15)

Another thing about Tyson is the mystique never ends, unlike Fedor. You can argue that Holyfield and Lennox Lewis were better but their primes have come and gone. Nobody talks about them any more. Tyson’s prime was even BEFORE theirs yet his name lives on forever. People have been talking about him for 30 years non stop. He’s on par with Ali in terms of immortality. Even surpasses Foreman and Frazer. People imagine how he would do in MMA. Nobody gives a fuck about Lennox Lewis. Tyson is the man.

Yeah its crazy how a guy who's best wins are a LHW Spinks and an almost 40 year old Holmes, gets talked about so much. Just goes to show how important personality is

Also you are crazy if you think he is close to "on par with Ali in terms of immortality". MAYBE in the states. But Ali is the biggest name in sports history world wide

Physical strength is useless if you don't know how to use it, how to defend against it, how to defend against somebody who can use your own strength against you(I can go on all day because that's how limited these punch-guys are). That's why I do not trust your claims of being a BJJ competitor. You would know this.

Even worse is Mike Tyson wasn't even physically strong in his own sport in the grappling department, in fact he was very weak. In fact he was very weak for his own size in his own sport. I've seen all of his fights, the guy is always pushed around in the clinch and man handled easily. And even worse, boxing grappling actually sets them up to get taken down even easier. The first thing they do is give up underhooks in that sport. LOL. Again, it's child's play dude.

That's why I don't even see him stopping takedowns from trained young children let alone trained adults, let alone word class MMA. Tyson wouldn't eat these children, they'd eat him alive.

I trained in a Carlson Gracie school and even rolled with the late Carlson Gracie.

Obviously a troll, but either way Mike Tyson was not very weak but definitely physically weaker than alot of his opposition due to his stature.

Similar to Mayweather fighting in MMA. If he fought MMA vs all the boxers he fought he would likely have a losing record... same with James Toney. Physcial strength is not useless at all, which is why a guy like Charles Bennett and Quinton Jackson could just overpower far better and more schooled fighters.

Mike is my favorite boxer but Does anybody think Hollyfield was always better?

(**hater’s ranting ignored**)....

Also you are crazy if you think he is close to "on par with Ali in terms of immortality". MAYBE in the states. But Ali is the biggest name in sports history world wide
I think he might even surpass Ali. Have you heard of MMA fans wondering how Ali would do in the cage? But Tyson’s name comes up every couple of months, why? I think because MMA is real fighting and fans recognize some real fighting potential in Tyson that other boxers don’t have. Ali roping a dope would get taken down and pounded out. Tyson in a real fight would eat Ali alive

I think he might even surpass Ali. Have you heard of MMA fans wondering how Ali would do in the cage? But Tyson’s name comes up every couple of months, why? I think because MMA is real fighting and fans recognize some real fighting potential in Tyson that other boxers don’t have. Ali roping a dope would get taken down and pounded out. Tyson in a real fight would eat Ali alive

You are obviously trolling. Ali almost never rope a doped and real fighting does not have rules, refs and rounds lol

BTW who do you think Tyson's best win's were against?

I trained in a Carlson Gracie school and even rolled with the late Carlson Gracie.

Obviously a troll, but either way Mike Tyson was not very weak but definitely physically weaker than alot of his opposition due to his stature.

Similar to Mayweather fighting in MMA. If he fought MMA vs all the boxers he fought he would likely have a losing record... same with James Toney. Physcial strength is not useless at all, which is why a guy like Charles Bennett and Quinton Jackson could just overpower far better and more schooled fighters.

Stature nothing, Tyson was just weak. Mark Hunt had a very similar stature. He on the other hand is extremely physically strong naturally, and yet even he was easily taken down by technique by much smaller guys back when he didn't understand grappling.

So lets summarize how well Tyson would do in MMA: he's physically weak, he naturally goes for overhooks in the clinch inadvertently helping the MMA opponent take him down, and another thing we haven't pointed out yet is Tyson can only fight moving forward...lol it just gets better and better. Can't check kicks, after a few low and mid kicks is easily set up to eat a high kick to get KTFO. Oh yeah Mike loves to bob and weave...right into a knee or shin. I give up.

Young Tyson was a monster. His fast twitch power style didn’t age well though. He looked outclasses and overpowered when he got out of jail.

Young Tyson was a monster. His fast twitch power style didn’t age well though. He looked outclasses and overpowered when he got out of jail.

Thats exactly right - fast twitch, explosive style boxers generally dont age as well as big boned, heavy handed types

If Mike landed something with 4oz gloves it would be lights out. Then again, he had no idea how to grapple, so who knows.

Not really. In his "prime" his fights were against guys that were not that great. When he finally started fighting great boxers, he was a mental mess. A real event unlike any other is when you got the two best and most polarizing in the world facing off. Like Ali vs Frazier/Foreman

No, you misunderstand. Not the fight. The spectacle. This is where celebs started showing up ringside, or at least when the media started covering it. Bars could have huge parties because it was on pay cable instead of closed-circuit TV. The local wing joints had carry out specials and our family would bring a bunch home and watch the fight. EVERYONE watched.

Then the truth started filtering out. He and Robin Givens were such a cute couple - until you found out Mike beat the shit out of her. Hell, she wasn't much better. He was such a gentle tough guy, until we found out he used to follow old ladies from cashing their social security checks and punch them in the face and rob them. Don King was so colorful and charismatic, until we see him nearly single handedly turn boxing into a fixed farce.

The fights were mediocre because the competition was. By the time fighters started coming along, Tyson was done. Too many first round KO's made him stop training and start swinging for the fences. It was tragic in the end, but what a spectacle it was for a while ...

Prime Floyd was physically faster then any MMA fighter. Most people know him when he was past his prime and much slower (but still the best), but back when he was Pretty Boy Floyd, he was scary fast. Also as the Conor Boxing match showed us, Floyd has more power in his hands then one of the most powerful LW punchers in MMA. In MMA Floyd would have crazy power. Floyd also had better footwork the Roy did
i watched Floyd plenty, and ya he had good footwork. Its relativ to weightclass, though. Roy has more of a speed edge on the wrestlers at 170 than Floyd has on the jitterbugs at 135 or 45

Back