Mikey Garcia says he wants to fight Spence at WW.

Does he really believe this stuff or does he just like to talk big?

He plays with these names but never seems to fight them. I'm calling bullshit.

I hope he gets the fight, maybe it'll make him shut up for a little while after he gets knocked out

Good for him that he believes he can do it and if he takes the fight he’s a true warrior.

If you ask Donald Trump, Mikey has already fought and beaten him many times in the gym.

er..... I mean, has NOT already fought and beaten him...

I like Mikey and he’s one of my favorite guys to watch... that said, Spence would be a terrible fight for him. Spence probably stops him.

Be even better if he didn't stuck to unifying the lightweight division.

Spence would probably fold him with a body shot.

Mikey talking about folks he has no intention of fighting? Shocking.

I expect Mikey to call out Usyk soon.

Last edited:
I hope he gets the fight, maybe it'll make him shut up for a little while after he gets knocked out
if he gets the fight, it's the last time he fights. spence caves his fucking head in.

i'm a huge fan of mikey, i honestly think he's a special talent and a superb boxer. but god damnit, he makes it really hard to be a fan with his constant bullshit about fighting out of his weight. he just won a belt at 140 and dropped it so he could get back to 135. now he wants to fight the arguably biggest puncher at 147? spence would probably be a big puncher at 154, for fuck's sake.

this is about as likely as fighting cotto a year ago.

if he gets the fight, it's the last time he fights. spence caves his fucking head in.

i'm a huge fan of mikey, i honestly think he's a special talent and a superb boxer. but god damnit, he makes it really hard to be a fan with his constant bullshit about fighting out of his weight. he just won a belt at 140 and dropped it so he could get back to 135. now he wants to fight the arguably biggest puncher at 147? spence would probably be a big puncher at 154, for fuck's sake.

this is about as likely as fighting cotto a year ago.

It sounds like The Khan job. Same way Khan avoided Brook at his own weight and jumped to fight Canelo knowing he wouldn't lose his belt or his ranking even though he had no hope of winning. Mikey said on FOUR different occasions that he wants Errol instead of Lomanchenko. If he goes up to fight Errol he gets to keep his belts and his rank and everyone will just say he had no business being in the ring with him in the first place. Whereas if he fought Loma and got wrecked people would just say Loma was the better fighter.

It sounds like The Khan job. Same way Khan avoided Brook at his own weight and jumped to fight Canelo knowing he wouldn't lose his belt or his ranking even though he had no hope of winning. Mikey said on FOUR different occasions that he wants Errol instead of Lomanchenko. If he goes up to fight Errol he gets to keep his belts and his rank and everyone will just say he had no business being in the ring with him in the first place. Whereas if he fought Loma and got wrecked people would just say Loma was the better fighter.
but if he fights errol, i expect his career to end without exaggeration. i'm not sure that's better than losing a fight with lomachenko, which i'm not completely certain about anyway. mikey is a killer at 135, and lomachenko is severely undersized at lightweight.

by the way, has spence ever responded to this horseshit? why on earth would he want to fight garcia in the first place?

but if he fights errol, i expect his career to end without exaggeration. i'm not sure that's better than losing a fight with lomachenko, which i'm not completely certain about anyway. mikey is a killer at 135, and lomachenko is severely undersized at lightweight.

by the way, has spence ever responded to this horseshit? why on earth would he want to fight garcia in the first place?

That is by far the funniest part. Mikey would be a toss up type of fight with Loma because he has great skill and good size and now we know Loma can be dropped. Yet he still doesn't seem to want anything to do with him.

I really don't think Mikey would ever take enough damage in a fight to hurt his career. Having family in his corner that is already ridiculously overprotective of him makes that really unlikely. As soon as he started taking a beating Robert would pull the plug. Just like the Salido fight when his nose was busted and they threw in the towel as soon as the ref said he would win if he quit. I have no doubt that a fight with Spence would end by corner stoppage before anything serious happened.

Back