Mikey Garcia to Face Sergey Lipinets March 10 in San Antonio /Showtime

Mikey Garcia fight vs. Sergey Lipinets has been rescheduled for March 10. It will still be in San Antonio but is moving from the Alamodome to the Freeman Coliseum.

Dan Rafael

Why not loma vs garcia?

Garcia doesn't want anything to do with Loma. He said maybe 3 or 4 fights from now.
if this is true, it's just weird. he'd be by far the most difficult challenge for lomachenko thus far. i'd give him a decent shot.

Why not loma vs garcia?
Haymon and Arum

Arum wants to build loma facing Linares and pacquiao that’s the plan for 2018’

I don’t see it happening in 2018’ maybe after this year who knows

Haymon and Arum

Arum wants to build loma facing Linares and pacquiao that’s the plan for 2018’

I don’t see it happening in 2018’ maybe after this year who knows

Lets say pac k.os loma (not gonna happen) then what do these scummy promoters do to their prospect?

I want Crawford-Garcia. Beating Garcia would solidify Crawford's position as P4P #1.

if this is true, it's just weird. he'd be by far the most difficult challenge for lomachenko thus far. i'd give him a decent shot.

It was in a recent video interview with Garcia. They said Loma mentioned waiting to fight him next and Garcia said he wanted 3 fights and then Loma could get a shot. He named the other 3 opponents and they were all lackluster compared to Loma. I think he see's Loma as a cash out fight so he wants to make it the last one of his career. He has always had one foot out the door anyway. It's a shame that he doesn't want the fight but it's pretty much what I expected.

I want Crawford-Garcia. Beating Garcia would solidify Crawford's position as P4P #1.

Would it, though? Having success at 147 would go much further to solidifying that position than beating a smallish JWW. It would be a worthwhile win, but I doubt it would increase his standing that much (he'd be a very clear favourite).

It was in a recent video interview with Garcia. They said Loma mentioned waiting to fight him next and Garcia said he wanted 3 fights and then Loma could get a shot. He named the other 3 opponents and they were all lackluster compared to Loma. I think he see's Loma as a cash out fight so he wants to make it the last one of his career. He has always had one foot out the door anyway. It's a shame that he doesn't want the fight but it's pretty much what I expected.
it's just so bizarre that a 37-0 fighter with 30 KOs, one of the best fighters in and around his division is widely considered halfway retired and never really was fully into the game.

he's one of the most fundamentally sound boxers i've ever seen and he seems disinterested in pursuing greatness in his sport. i mean what the fuck?

it's just so bizarre that a 37-0 fighter with 30 KOs, one of the best fighters in and around his division is widely considered halfway retired and never really was fully into the game.

he's one of the most fundamentally sound boxers i've ever seen and he seems disinterested in pursuing greatness in his sport. i mean what the fuck?

I think part of it is the fact his own brother is his trainer and at times his manager as well. He is more concerned about risk than reward. I would imagine seeing what happened to Brandon Rios brain first hand makes it even easier to turn down big fights for his little brother. Mikey also gives speeches at the annual sports and brain health summits every year so he knows what boxing can do and he is smart enough to be scared. Which in my opinion isn't a bad thing. Some fighters don't give a fuck about their future. Others care more about life outside the ring than what happens inside the ring. Neither is right or wrong. At the same time calling out guys you don't want to fight always looks stupid.

I think part of it is the fact his own brother is his trainer and at times his manager as well. He is more concerned about risk than reward. I would imagine seeing what happened to Brandon Rios brain first hand makes it even easier to turn down big fights for his little brother. Mikey also gives speeches at the annual sports and brain health summits every year so he knows what boxing can do and he is smart enough to be scared. Which in my opinion isn't a bad thing. Some fighters don't give a fuck about their future. Others care more about life outside the ring than what happens inside the ring. Neither is right or wrong. At the same time calling out guys you don't want to fight always looks stupid.

That and Mikey is planning on becoming a lawyer. He said this in an interview a few months ago. How that'll work for him is by studying under either a judge or a practicing attorney in order to prepare him for his bar exam. There are only a handful of states in America that don't require an applicant having attended law school and California is one such state.

That and Mikey is planning on becoming a lawyer. He said this in an interview a few months ago. How that'll work for him is by studying under either a judge or a practicing attorney in order to prepare him for his bar exam. There are only a handful of states in America that don't require an applicant having attended law school and California is one such state.

He is a smart kid. Can't fault him for caring about his health. He should still shut his mouth about guys he doesn't ever want to actually fight though.

Are we talking about the same Crawford and Garcia who are avoiding Spence like he has the plague?

Are we talking about the same Crawford and Garcia who are avoiding Spence like he has the plague?

No we are talking about Mikey Garcia not Danny Garcia.

Spence would put Mikey Garcia in the fucking grave. Dude has to come in flabby to make 140 and Spence could be a ripped middleweight if he wanted

For the record Spence does have the plague. He is the second coming of The Black Death. Better keep hiding Thurman!

I agree, if they want to get the shit kicked out of them Spence would be a good fight. Mikey has no business there.

Who was saying Crawford is a contender for p4p number one yesterday?

Back