Mikey Garcia to Face Sergey Lipinets March 10 in San Antonio /Showtime

He did .He didn't want the linares fight, but not sure why. He turned down another fight but no reason.
“Another fight”.... who?

He got a better deal than Golden Boy was putting up. And both of them, even DLH, said their communications are still open and theyre looking to get it done after both their fights.

Lipinets is indeed a “real challenger”.

“Another fight”.... who?

He got a better deal than Golden Boy was putting up. And both of them, even DLH, said their communications are still open and theyre looking to get it done after both their fights.

Lipinets is indeed a “real challenger”.
Lipinets is decent but guys like Garcia and Lomachenko throw out bigger names and get the fans excited. You can't blame fans for being let down when they fight someone they don't know.

Lipinets is decent but guys like Garcia and Lomachenko throw out bigger names and get the fans excited. You can't blame fans for being let down when they fight someone they don't know.
Not sure what else humanly possible Nomaschenko can do in such a short career to be more impressive. Mikey has made several jumps up already and is wildly impressive.

People just want to bitch about something I suppose.

Not sure what else humanly possible Nomaschenko can do in such a short career to be more impressive. Mikey has made several jumps up already and is wildly impressive.

People just want to bitch about something I suppose.
Lomachenko isn't fighting anyone that great. Much exaggeration afoot with that guy.

His best win is a 38 year old bantamweight moving up 2 weight classes.

Lomachenko isn't fighting anyone that great. Much exaggeration afoot with that guy.

His best win is a 38 year old bantamweight moving up 2 weight classes.
You hold him to a different standard than literally any other boxer. Its very strange.

You hold him to a different standard than literally any other boxer. Its very strange.
I think I'm pretty realistic where as I think most fans are just buying that HBO/Toprank hype. He's a good fighter but he hasn't fought anyone that someone will remember in 10 years except Rigondeaux and Salido. Who else would be considered one of the best fighters in recorded boxing history for beating Sosa and Walters?

I think I'm pretty realistic where as I think most fans are just buying that HBO/Toprank hype. He's a good fighter but he hasn't fought anyone that someone will remember in 10 years except Rigondeaux and Salido. Who else would be considered one of the best fighters in recorded boxing history for beating Sosa and Walters?
Who else beats that caliber of opponent in 11 total fights? And not just beats them, but embarrasses them.

Lomachenko is also the definition of passing the eye test. He is a great fighter.

Who else beats that caliber of opponent in 11 total fights? And not just beats them, but embarrasses them.

Lomachenko is also the definition of passing the eye test. He is a great fighter.
eh, again thats exaggeration. He fought pro style fights in the Boxing World Series. He's no neophyte. He has more experience than most pros.

What about other current P4P guys, who have they fought that will be remembered 10 years from now? Garcia, Crawford, Spence? And BTW, he's been fighting professionally for a shorter period of time than any of them.

This. People are just reflecting what they see in Lomachenko. It's not just who he has beat, it's the way that he has beat them which really makes people realise just how good he is. No one else would get a free pass after losing to someone like Salido but he does because everyone can see he is way better than that now based on his performances since.

Yeah, and I noticed how Garcia talked big, then went to 147 to take easy Broner fight while TC was still at 140, and Loma wasn't yet at 135. Now that TC moved up and Loma is moving up, Mikey talking about moving up too. I'm a fan of the guy, but he is navigating a little too craftily around his most dangerous fights for me not to get a little annoyed with exactly what you are describing, talking big names and scalping no names with belts.

Not the first time a fighter has done it, and Mikey does have good wins to solidify his position even if he's taking low risk fights lately. I think he wants the Loma fight, but at 140 or a catch weight that will make Loma less effective.

Edit: met Broner at 140 limit, not 147. My bad

Last edited:
Yeah, and I noticed how Garcia talked big, then went to 147 to take easy Broner fight while TC was still at 140, and Loma wasn't yet at 135. Now that TC moved up and Loma is moving up, Mikey talking about moving up too. I'm a fan of the guy, but he is navigating a little too craftily around his most dangerous fights for me not to get a little annoyed with exactly what you are describing, talking big names and scalping no names with belts.

Not the first time a fighter has done it, and Mikey does have good wins to solidify his position even if he's taking low risk fights lately. I think he wants the Loma fight, but at 140 or a catch weight that will make Loma less effective.

I thought he fought Broner at 140?

So after Garcia wins tonight who is next for him? Specifically, what big name if any do you think he will seek out?

So after Garcia wins tonight who is next for him? Specifically, what big name if any do you think he will seek out?

He doesn't seek out big names he only spouts on and on about fighting them then fights someone else.

He will say he wants Loma and Crawford and Spence and Canelo but he'll probably fight Indongo.

He doesn't seek out big names he only spouts on and on about fighting them then fights someone else.

He will say he wants Loma and Crawford and Spence and Canelo but he'll probably fight Indongo.

Even if he wasnt just talking, loma/crawford/spence are out of reach to him for considerable time no?
Also, I know he is a good fighter but to be number 5 on rings p4p list...dont quite get that.

Loma fight has to happen imo, although Loma has to get past Linares first which seems to be getting announced soon

Even if he wasnt just talking, loma/crawford/spence are out of reach to him for considerable time no?
Also, I know he is a good fighter but to be number 5 on rings p4p list...dont quite get that.

What do you mean by out of reach?

Mikey called out Loma. Loma said lets do it so Mikey said he wants THREE fights before he considers the Loma fight. Before that he said he wanted Cotto and changed his mind. Before that he wanted Crawford and changed his mind.

Mikey doesn't want anything to do with anyone that has a shot to beat him. He is the opposite of a risk taker and would rather take more YEARS off from boxing than face top opposition. He talks big and somehow manages to make fights against shitbirds like Broner seem like they matter even though non-idiots know they will be a lopsided blowouts. He is the absolute king of "my next opponent will be amazing" but it never actually happens. Which is a shame because he has a legit chance at anyone around his weightclass because he's a damn fine fighter.

Back