Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

I'll do this in Chronological order:

~1998 - 2006 USMC~
0431-Logistics

1998 - 2001 Camp Lejuene (2nd TSB "red patchers")

deployed: No where! My time at Camp Lejeune was 3 years of my life I'll never get back.

2001 - 2004 MCAS Iwakuni, Japan (MWSS 171)

deployed:
RSOI OP 2001 - Yeoungsan, Korea
Cobra Gold 2002 - Utaphao, Thailand
Cloud Warrior 2002 - Camp Fuji, Japan
Foal Eagle 2002 - Yaecheon, Korea
Cobra Gold 2003 - Sameson, Thailand
Balikatan 2003 - Clark Airbase, Philippines

2004 - 2006 NAS Belle Chasse, LA (MAG-42 Det C)

Deployed:
Bagram, Afghanistan 2004
Salerno, Afghanistan 2005

~2006 - current US Army~
88M-vehicle operator

2006 - 2008 Fort Lewis, WA (295th QM Co.)

deployed:
Nowhere. Didn't care since I enjoyed this duty station so much.

2008 - 2010 Fort Hood, TX (96th Trans Co.)

deployed:
Camp Taji, Iraq 2008

2010 - 2012 Heidelberg, Germany (V Corps HQ)

deployed:
Normandy, France 2011 - (memorial ceremony honor platoon)

Other countries visited while stationed in Germany: Croatia, Austria, Netherlands, Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Spain

2012 - current Fort Stewart, GA

deployed:
Camp Marmal, Afghanistan 2013
Poland: Operation Atlantic Reaolve 2015
Spain: Operation Trident Junction 2015
Germany/Poland/???*: Operation European Assurance 2016

Current rank E-6

*OPSEC. Can't divulge the next country.

Well done, leatherneck.

How many of you Sailors and Marines have crossed the line? I'd like to hear how you became a Shellback.

@oldshadow, you got any stories?

Does being in the infantry reserve count, don't want to belittle anyone's service with my weekend warrior era.

You're not belittling anything. You've trained and are ready to fight. Good enough for me.

How many of you Sailors and Marines have crossed the line? I'd like to hear how you became a Shellback.

I crossed in 2000, but the ceremony was pretty tame by that point. Worst part was they turned off the cold water afterward. Everybody leaving the showers had bright red chests from the scolding hot water.

Relm of the golden dragon on USS Princeton westpack 98, was pretty brutal, but i thought it was fun, accurate to tales of crossing line ceremonies... Ship was investigated reguarding it when back stateside... I personally felt guys who got it bad, brought it on themselves, wog revenge day or whatever the night before was the craziest shit i ever witnessed in Navy. i was a shell back for two other ceremonies and one was so lame it shouldnt have even happened... The other was a good middle ground, we had a load of fun.. That one even included an officer being kidnapped and his captors broadcasted it and their demands accross site TV...some sissy fucks tried make a big deal about it but it was all in good fun, both ships were awesome, we were a tight ass crew on the small boys.

- Uniform inside out and backwards, underwear outside
- multiple hoses
- used nose to push cherry into padeye
- crawled through port break full of weeks old food garbage
- light beatings with fire hose shillelagh
- some shavings
- suck a cherry out of the Royal Baby's belly button
- peanut butter hair treatment
- pledge allegiance to King Neptune

Good Times!

Yea a shellback and a blue nose.

I was in when they could still have some fun.

Shellback wasn't that bad you just had to do stupid stuff and they didn't really hurt you. You had to crawl through nasty garbage on your belly, you get your face rubbed in grease on Neptune's belly , they sprayed you with fire hoses and other shit most of the day.

For blue nose (crossing the arctic circle) they painted your nose blue and you had to run around in your skivies and it was cold for sure. They just mad you do and say stupid shit.

Now shore leave was very different then now because they didn't care how drunk you got as long as you got back.

So a lot of the time shore leave was drinking, women and at least one good fight. Now that type of thing is not allowed.

Yea a shellback and a blue nose.

I was in when they could still have some fun.

Shellback wasn't that bad you just had to do stupid stuff and they didn't really hurt you. You had to crawl through nasty garbage on your belly, you get your face rubbed in grease on Neptune's belly , they sprayed you with fire hoses and other shit most of the day.

For blue nose (crossing the arctic circle) they painted your nose blue and you had to run around in your skivies and it was cold for sure. They just mad you do and say stupid shit.

Now shore leave was very different then now because they didn't care how drunk you got as long as you got back.

So a lot of the time shore leave was drinking, women and at least one good fight. Now that type of thing is not allowed.

This was when the Navy was still the Navy.

Relm of the golden dragon on USS Princeton westpack 98, was pretty brutal, but i thought it was fun, accurate to tales of crossing line ceremonies... Ship was investigated reguarding it when back stateside... I personally felt guys who got it bad, brought it on themselves, wog revenge day or whatever the night before was the craziest shit i ever witnessed in Navy. i was a shell back for two other ceremonies and one was so lame it shouldnt have even happened... The other was a good middle ground, we had a load of fun.. That one even included an officer being kidnapped and his captors broadcasted it and their demands accross site TV...some sissy fucks tried make a big deal about it but it was all in good fun, both ships were awesome, we were a tight ass crew on the small boys.

I was a Shellback on the Stennis when we crossed in '98. Wog day was a hoot. Those boys lived it up!

This was when the Navy was still the Navy.

We had some fun.

One story.

We were in a bar with a group of Australia sailors and British sailors.

We were drinking with the Australian sailors and they told one of the guy with us to yell for the queen and drain his beer and turn the glass upside down on the table. Well he did and this huge British sailor walked over smiling and knock the guy out cold. All hell broke loose and it was a hell of a fight. We got out just before the shore patrol and the Australian sailors bought drinks in the next bar we hit. I never did find out what that means as they only laughed when we asked.

I was a Shellback on the Stennis when we crossed in '98. Wog day was a hoot. Those boys lived it up!

That was my first deployment (westpak 98) and it was one hell of one, operation Desert Fox..seen 2 beer days

We had some fun.

One story.

We were in a bar with a group of Australia sailors and British sailors.

We were drinking with the Australian sailors and they told one of the guy with us to yell for the queen and drain his beer and turn the glass upside down on the table. Well he did and this huge British sailor walked over smiling and knock the guy out cold. All hell broke loose and it was a hell of a fight. We got out just before the shore patrol and the Australian sailors bought drinks in the next bar we hit. I never did find out what that means as they only laughed when we asked.

Lol at the HMS Sailor getting rustled.

Glad you boys made it to the next watering hole. I bet it was a great time.

You're not belittling anything. You've trained and are ready to fight. Good enough for me.

Thanks.

Ok three years in the infantry reserve in the Canadian Army. LT rank. Respect to all those who have served / seen action in service of their country.

You reenlisted and stayed in the grunts?

Bobby-Hill.gif

Just because you're one of my favorite posters in the SHFT PW I think you'll get a kick out of this. A friend I grew up with was on the USS Cole and was good friends with Jessie Neil. Anyhow they had a reunion around 2009 and my friend knew I was a little bit of a mark and Had Jessie sign me an autograph (which was on a glossy photo of him and his tag partner at the time) that read... "Keep sucking the good cock bro"

The funny thing was is that he dropped it off at my parents house, because he couldn't get a hold of me and didn't know where I lived. So my I got a call from my mother the next day saying that Chad dropped off an autograph of some wrestlers for me... It couldn't have ended up more perfect. :D

I'd wager my ceremony was pretty tame compared to anything most old salts went through. Really, other than getting splashed with cold water, kissing baby Neptune's belly, and pledging allegiance to King Neptune, it was essentially just a light PT session. I kinda feel like I missed out honestly, what with the "kinder gentler" Navy being what I it is.

Also snipe initiation was allowed.
Oh, on my ship we still sent the new guys looking for batteries for the sound powered telephones. I think they really let E-div ( and engineering in general) get away with a lot more than the rest of the ship, as long as we kept it in house. Or at the very least, nobody at the top of the chain of command poked their heads in as long as we got our shit done. I remember one of the MMs built a still, lol.

Just because you're one of my favorite posters in the SHFT PW I think you'll get a kick out of this. A friend I grew up with was on the USS Cole and was good friends with Jessie Neil. Anyhow they had a reunion around 2009 and my friend knew I was a little bit of a mark and Had Jessie sign me an autograph (which was on a glossy photo of him and his tag partner at the time) that read... "Keep sucking the good cock bro"

The funny thing was is that he dropped it off at my parents house, because he couldn't get a hold of me and didn't know where I lived. So my I got a call from my mother the next day saying that Chad dropped off an autograph of some wrestlers for me... It couldn't have ended up more perfect. :D
Jesse still wrestles independently. He works at Walmart and claims they pay better than TNA (which honestly wouldn't surprise me because one of their female wrestlers who was champ at the time was working at Sunglass Hut in an Orlando mall).

You must be European? I remember talking to some Dutch Marines about how the smoke weed on a weekly basis and it's no big deal.
Yeah im also dutch, they are not even allowed to test you here, they can ask you but you have to give them permission to do so, and you can just say no so unless you get busted actually doing it you're fine lol

Last edited:
Back